View Poll Results: Release classic servers?

Voters
1829. This poll is closed
  • Yes

916 50.08%
  • No!

913 49.92%
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    and the 12 month content droughts do not help this situation in any way
    I find this rather funny. You do know that if they ever do release vanilla servers, there will no content patches. I very much doubt they would maintain and release contents for current and vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Maybe becuase deviding the player base could hurt the game in the long run?
    I do not think Vanilla WoW is something that would take away players who like current WoW, but rather would take in players who do not like WoW. I could be horribly wrong and maybe half of the last known 5 million current WoW subs would play Vanilla WoW and there would be no incoming players.

Also, if you mean like a cultural divide among players, then yeah that would happen. We already see it in Runescape and MMO-C posters compared to WoW forum posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I do not think Vanilla WoW is something that would take away players who like current WoW, but rather would take in players who do not like WoW. I could be horribly wrong and maybe half of the last known 5 million current WoW subs would play Vanilla WoW and there would be no incoming players.

Also, if you mean like a cultural divide among players, then yeah that would happen. We already see it in Runescape and MMO-C posters compared to WoW forum posters.
    Not that we'll know for a while though. That petition that was posted all over didn't get that many signs so the actual intrest is not high enough for Blizzard to actually open servers and with private servers like Nost having "800000" accounts but still not able to pay the bills every month... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were to release classic servers they should just require a "premium" subscription with a monthly fee of $20 to access them in addition to the current game. I would pay $5 more per month for legal, lag-free classic WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I don't understand why people are saying "No." Is the thought of someone else playing a functionally different game that upsetting? Or is it that WoD now is somehow the true WoW because it is the latest version? I mean just because there's the latest Super Mario/Star Wars/Final Fantasy/etc doesn't mean that people should be denied from enjoying the culture defining original version, right?
    People are saying "No" because they understand it would take money and resources from the main game while most likely not giving enough revenew in return to compensate.

Tbh, I would be happy if Blizzard released legacy servers so people can remind themselves how it really was and stop all those stupid threads on the forums. Also, it would show how many people really care for old expantions. However, realisticly it won't happen.

Deleted
    i think blizzard themselves should ask the community.

Just like Jagex asked the community wether they wanted old school runescape, there was a demand so they launched Old school runescape, they never expected it to last more than 6 months, but 3 years later its still growing.

I want servers for all expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not that we'll know for a while though. That petition that was posted all over didn't get that many signs so the actual intrest is not high enough for Blizzard to actually open servers and with private servers like Nost having "800000" accounts but still not able to pay the bills every month... yeah.
    it was a non profit, and it wasnt untill after a couple of months they said up a fixed donation goal to pay for server fees, the donation page was taken down every month when the server fee was covered. so whats your point not being able to pay the bills ?

also i'm sure blizzard has much better PR than 10-30 random french people do, and they would actually be able to reach out to a wider audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it a stupid idea,but there's clearly interest in such a thing,so yes,it should be done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, just to show u guys how horrible it was.

If you're not a hardcore player then u wont like it as much as the current version
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have changed their mind and are working on an announcement. If the answer was still no surely they would have said so already when commenting on this shitstorm that I honestly haven't seen anything like in all these years. I don't think even no flying or real ID on forums ever got this much attention from the player base. 100k+ signatures and still rising! It's insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Will they "back port" all the crap from retail into it?
    (random matchmaking, trivialize outdoor content, exp boosts and other such niceties on the shop, token for gold)

If yes they should stay the fuck away.

If no, if they revive it "as it was then", if they do progressive releases of content, sure I'd sub for it.
    They basically need to release vanilla WoW in the form of what it was in during the time of release. The UI, the world, the atmosphere, if they release woW vanilla and throw in flying, the current skill trees and LFR, that won't be vanilla.

They need the bugs they need the imbalance, they basically need a copy paste of vanilla retail on release day :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I prefer chocolate or pistachio myself. Vanilla is nice, but only in combination with other flavors. If you mean Classic server, then still no.

They should. Take the data from Nostalrius and roll in the profits and please all your old playerbase who wants to relive the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I fully agree with what your saying, what I can't understand is why the players who have seen this game change over the years, for the worst continue to accept the fact that this game is going downhill, they had this game so perfect, and fucked it all up, that is what I can't see, maybe its just my arrogance, but I just can't see why people side with blizzard and all of these bad decisions over the years they have made, they simply had the greatest game of all time, but have turned it into nothing, that is what I cannot, and will never, accept.

There is no other game in this world I care so much about, and that is wow, this game is so precious to me, and if this game was to die, I just could not accept it.
    All opinions mate, I enjoyed WoD. I enjoyed MoP, cata, wrath, TBC and vanilla. This is why people don't take vanilla discussions seriously. You delve into opinions and trying to paint them as facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    People are saying "No" because they understand it would take money and resources from the main game while most likely not giving enough revenew in return to compensate.

Tbh, I would be happy if Blizzard released legacy servers so people can remind themselves how it really was and stop all those stupid threads on the forums. Also, it would show how many people really care for old expantions. However, realisticly it won't happen.
    Exactly this.

I don't care about private servers (as long as they don't spam offical forums/mmo-c about how vanilla is supposedly better), but I don't want Blizzard to waste resources in a probably foolish endeavor. Vanilla/retro servers would take significant amount of developers and resources. Large enough to affect retail version of the game. If blizzard gathers enough money from "retro pre-order" and hires extra developers, fine by me. But when people want wow team to work on retro servers, they basically want to hinder/gimp the version I'm playing... That's big no.

Yes-ish.

I would vastly prefer seasonal progression servers. Use all the current game systems, tune talents to fit the expansion curves, but just add progression servers.

Maybe just go ahead and go back to vanilla talent trees. I mean we have artifacts and they've found a way to make those talents more interesting using Relics, so why not.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Whenever OP starts to realise his opinion is not a fact, we can have a discussion.

Vanilla servers have no real merit - you still have the same stuff and more in newer and newer expansions. This would be like taking one step backwards in development.

Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    it was a non profit, and it wasnt untill after a couple of months they said up a fixed donation goal to pay for server fees, the donation page was taken down every month when the server fee was covered. so whats your point not being able to pay the bills ?

also i'm sure blizzard has much better PR than 10-30 random french people do, and they would actually be able to reach out to a wider audience.
    The petition was all over the internet. Even BBC had an article about it and only about 100k signed it and thats counting the poeple that openly admitted that they spent days signing the same petition. Then theres the fact that just because you singed something doesn't mean you'll pay for it in the end. Nost was free to play, other f2p games like LoL has around 4% of it's players actually paying for the game.

The market is very small.