Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isander View Post
    -Shut down portals
    -Remove all lfg tools
    -Make this whole game less convenient
    -Watch the forum crashing under the pressure of millions of complaints adressed to blizzard
    -WoW is dead again
    -gg bliz
    WoW was dead in Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK? Huh, and here I thought it started going downhill in Cataclysm to today, you know where everything is more convenient, queueable, and easy?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    WoW was dead in Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK? Huh, and here I thought it started going downhill in Cataclysm to today, you know where everything is more convenient, queueable, and easy?
    Cata heroics were hard at the start.
    Stop smoking pot it's messing with your brain
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

"Nobody enjoys LFR"

Even if you had enough data to know if that were true or not, it's how most raiders access the story, which, surprise, some people do care about. So nah, LFR should be kept in the game.

Deleted
    - Agree with the danger part.
    - Old talent tree is absolutely abysmal. All you need to do to prove how superior the MoP-Legion one is is just to look at the Elemental talent tree in Legion, its fantastic and completely changes gameplay depending on the talents you take. And most of all, it adds complexity to those that want it and simplicity to those that don't want more complexity. In what way, was the old talent tree interesting or fun? It made leveling more consistently satisfying but that's it. You clearly don't have much experience with the new one in the context of mythic raiding or top-end PvP.
    -Agreed with gold but its hard to fix at the moment, you'd need to clearly think about gold sinks for very rich players and not too much for the poor.
    - Sort of agree with armor.
    - Another number squish would be good, the WoD one barely did anything
    - Have you even seen the artifacts? If you think TF is still the best cosmetically, you're deluded. It has status, that's it.
    - Some of the gear in WoD has been good, warrior T17, warlock T17, priest T17, etc. The new Legion sets look pretty solid.
    - I'd rather LFR be gone but its not a good thing to do for the majority. Thing is, the difficulty is still there, mythic raiding in current patch is still extremely challenging. It's like complaining that the game is too easy but you play on the easiest setting.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-04-16 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Cata heroics were hard at the start.
    Stop smoking pot it's messing with your brain
    They were? Maybe for the first 2 weeks when they were over tuned.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    -Danger. This is #1. I cannot remember the last time i did a corpse run on retail WoW, this is a problem. Many factors have attributed to this over the years, main one simply being how blizzard has failed to scale the core leveling experience down after they introduce new abilites and to a lesser degree hierlooms. Why does revenge one shot mobs at lvl 15? This is simply an issue of blizzard being too lazy to balance the leveling experience, its time to change.
    Maybe it is because I haven't leveled in a while but I know when I hit lv100 for the first time on my warrior alt I died a few times in Draenor. I'm pretty bad at alts, though. I would like to think I'm slightly better than the average player.

-Talent system. There is NO DOUBT the current talent system is superior in regards to convenience. The problem here is no one cares, most leave it the same at all time. The criticism with the old talent tree was that there was not enough customization and "cookie cutter" specs were the norm. See this is where blizzard really got it wrong. There were a ton of specs available that truly made your character unique, depending on what the goal was for your character. Bottom line is people had more fun with the old system, and isn't that always the goal in a video game?
    I see this ALL the time. NO! I never touched my talents at all in the old system except during a patch. Otherwise it stayed the same. I may have taken a point or 2 different for PvP/PvE but otherwise they stayed the EXACT same. Every boss. All the time.

-Make gold matter again. I did almost nothing in WoD to make gold and somehow got gold capped. It is a good start removing gold missions from garrisons, but more action needs to be taken. This is more about professions becoming relevant again if i am being honest.
    I feel this is true for a very small number of people.

-Make armor matter. Again here you had it right in vanilla, why the change? Armor should matter, rogues shouldn't be able to obliterate plate classes and mages shouldn't be able to be the tankiest class in the game (yes, i know most of that is from a talent). You guys had so much right in vanilla, the incremental updates are what killed the game its possible to bring back some core aspects without resetting the game entirely.
    Did you play in Vanilla? Armor didn't mean shit. Specs were so unbalanced. Armor didn't matter. Gear did. Spec did.

-Incremental power gains. This is an mmo and we need to be able to gauge our gains. Seeing 346,764 vs 356,678 is simply too convoluted for most players. In the same breath i understand you can't go back to common sense numbers as that would defeat the purpose of character progression. What i ask is you come up with a elegant solution that deals with both, this is why you are paid the big bucks devs.
    They tried... They got shit for it.

-Gear models. Thunderfury is literally the best model you have ever made and that was 11 years ago. PLEASE hire better artists.
    Thunderfury is a shitty model.... I'll get shit for this because OMG thunderfury!!!! Other than it being legendary there is nothing that great about its model. I can name over a dozen weapons I rather transmog than that shit sword.

-Unique player identity. This one is simple. We need to be able to recognize players accomplishments in game with easily recognizable gear. No one cares about your achievement score, we want to see what you achieved in game with your badass gear (again, PLEASE hire proper artists gear hasnt looked good in years)
    Again, subjective. I find almost all the vanilla/TBC paladin sets to be total shit. Where as I LOVE all the paladin tiers in Cata, The Last tier in MOP, and the first tier in WoD for paladin.

-Make it an MMO again. This, i am torn on. First off LFR needs to go. I don't care what you call it but being able to waltz into a raid and be able to one shot bosses is absurd and no one actually enjoys this. The crowd you garnered in wotlk/cata didnt stick around anyways its time to cater to your core fanbase and make the game hard again. I do understand convenience and im not sure going back to summoning stones is the answer, but something needs to be done to make this feel like an mmo again.
    Everyone remembers how Vanilla was great for the community but forget that they aren't the only ones in the community. A lot of players back then never grouped. Ever. EVER. Never did dungeons. Minded their own business. Never joined a guild. At least those people have more reason to do group content now.

Lastly i want to make a few points. Vanilla wasn't all roses. I will say vanilla had it right because it was the original incarnation of the game but it also had an uncountable number of flaws that the devs did an amazing job fixing over the years. The problem is that no matter how good a job the devs have done in the past 10 years the game has simply lost the soul it once had. These are only a few suggestions that i believe could revive the game to its former glory. We dont need classic servers to fix the game guys, we just need blizzard to listen to us and make the game great again.
    .... sigh*

Deleted
    Maybe it wud get time to start new generation of Mmo With world of warcraft 2 , where everyone starts at lvl 1 again, instead of trowing up an expansion after expansion .
    Oldschool people that wants to join the community again after a break, have to lvl up again from 1 tot 90/100 (what takes a lot effort and what they prob did allready dozen of times) to see a glimp of new stuff.
    This is for me 1 reason to not coming back for now.
    I think this is for some more people a thing that oldschool players wont come back. cuz its all the time the same.
    They trow up a expansion and in 1 years you get all raids and other new stuff and the second year people start dying of boredom in the game cause there is no new stuff to do appart from farming and doing the same raid on and on and on and on and on .
    This is also reason why people complain that the game is death. People scream this basicly everytime to a end of a expansion.
    They want new stuff

Ps sorry for my shitty spelling
    Last edited by mmocd7df67ed06; 2016-04-16 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    -Danger. This is #1. I cannot remember the last time i did a corpse run on retail WoW, this is a problem. Many factors have attributed to this over the years, main one simply being how blizzard has failed to scale the core leveling experience down after they introduce new abilites and to a lesser degree hierlooms. Why does revenge one shot mobs at lvl 15? This is simply an issue of blizzard being too lazy to balance the leveling experience, its time to change.

-Talent system. There is NO DOUBT the current talent system is superior in regards to convenience. The problem here is no one cares, most leave it the same at all time. The criticism with the old talent tree was that there was not enough customization and "cookie cutter" specs were the norm. See this is where blizzard really got it wrong. There were a ton of specs available that truly made your character unique, depending on what the goal was for your character. Bottom line is people had more fun with the old system, and isn't that always the goal in a video game?

-Make gold matter again. I did almost nothing in WoD to make gold and somehow got gold capped. It is a good start removing gold missions from garrisons, but more action needs to be taken. This is more about professions becoming relevant again if i am being honest.

-Make armor matter. Again here you had it right in vanilla, why the change? Armor should matter, rogues shouldn't be able to obliterate plate classes and mages shouldn't be able to be the tankiest class in the game (yes, i know most of that is from a talent). You guys had so much right in vanilla, the incremental updates are what killed the game its possible to bring back some core aspects without resetting the game entirely.

-Incremental power gains. This is an mmo and we need to be able to gauge our gains. Seeing 346,764 vs 356,678 is simply too convoluted for most players. In the same breath i understand you can't go back to common sense numbers as that would defeat the purpose of character progression. What i ask is you come up with a elegant solution that deals with both, this is why you are paid the big bucks devs.

-Gear models. Thunderfury is literally the best model you have ever made and that was 11 years ago. PLEASE hire better artists.

-Unique player identity. This one is simple. We need to be able to recognize players accomplishments in game with easily recognizable gear. No one cares about your achievement score, we want to see what you achieved in game with your badass gear (again, PLEASE hire proper artists gear hasnt looked good in years)

-Make it an MMO again. This, i am torn on. First off LFR needs to go. I don't care what you call it but being able to waltz into a raid and be able to one shot bosses is absurd and no one actually enjoys this. The crowd you garnered in wotlk/cata didnt stick around anyways its time to cater to your core fanbase and make the game hard again. I do understand convenience and im not sure going back to summoning stones is the answer, but something needs to be done to make this feel like an mmo again.

Lastly i want to make a few points. Vanilla wasn't all roses. I will say vanilla had it right because it was the original incarnation of the game but it also had an uncountable number of flaws that the devs did an amazing job fixing over the years. The problem is that no matter how good a job the devs have done in the past 10 years the game has simply lost the soul it once had. These are only a few suggestions that i believe could revive the game to its former glory. We dont need classic servers to fix the game guys, we just need blizzard to listen to us and make the game great again.
    You lost me at "how to fix world of warcraft"'

No. You dont know how to fix this game.

You dont.

No

Just no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I dare you to actually wear full lfr gear and get accepted into HFC heroic pug. Or even normal. At the moment LFR is the worst way towards "free epics and ilvl".

LFR - 685 ilvl
    Baleful - 695 (mindlessly farm apexis, upgrade tokens can be bought from another character that passively accumulated them from shipyard and garrison)
    PVP honor - 700 (afk follow crowd in ashran)
    PVP conquest - 710 (can be obtained by buying arena boosts and some ashran quests)

Then there is crafted - only 3 items but 705 (weapons) - 715 (everything else)
    Kazzak - 5 slots max, 1 trinket is shit but it's ilvl - 705
    HFC BOE - 2 slots only - 695 / 710 / 725 versions depending how much you'd be willing to spend on them
    Mythic dungeons 685 - 725 (can always buy a carry), also provide best avenue for valor that gives you in general +10 ilvls if you don't wear pvp gear
    And finally, HFC hc boosts (atm on my realm it's around 130k for personal loot 250k for masterloot with items reserved to you).

That's about how people get ilvls these days.* Not LFR. LFR exists only so you can grind your legendary, people call it welfare legendary but I call it a tax legendary - you didn't pay your tax you can't proceed - gl getting invited to pugs / raiding guilds at this stage of the expansion if you don't have the ring.

* - that or make your own pug where you're lowest ilvl in the group and reserve all valuable pieces to yourself, vast majority of pugs are ml with items reserved, varying from a specific trinket to a full set of class gear including everything a guy can wear
    Kind of my point...

The more "free" gear you give out the higher and higher the min level of entry becomes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Kind of my point...

The more "free" gear you give out the higher and higher the min level of entry becomes.
    If you are buying all these things then why not just save the gold and buy a heroic run in HFC lol

How to fix it? It's way past that point. The best possible alternative would be to reboot wow. Not going to happen? Well then nothing's going to change. The game is way too bloated, and the leveling through expansions is awkward and doesn't make sense. I'd be on board for a persistently changing world without added continents. For example new expansions will just change the world, progress the story, ect. It's all a time mishmash right now. Which takes away from the believability and immersion. they could always add an underground area, and added islands, ect, but not full continents as expansions while leaving the last in the dust. Every zone should have a progressive story with every expansion.

corpse running is for raiding :P but i see the ops point.. the only time i die is when i get a lil too cocky with rare elites lol.

imo things in the out door realm should have mobs that are hard to kill and hit hard back, something that requires a group to kill and something worth doing as well
    could even make rares drop one or 2 valor points as well, would make killing rares more of an incentive

I miss the days of pulling Gamon with a healer helping then kiting him back and watch the rest of the city go nuts dpsing him down in front of the AH. you dint get much loot but it was the fun of just killing him

i dunno i miss world bosses like the dragons that guarded the portals to the emerald dream, wish blizz would make old world relevant again and not just used for leveling, seems a waste to have all those zones going un-used when you out level them :/

How to fix WoW. Stop complaining about stuff you know nothing about and go leave your feedback on the bluepost today.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

1. Just, don't use heirlooms....simple.

2. No. The talents are good the way they are thank you.

3. yah, gold is gonna matter, in an expansion called legion! Look it up!

4. Honestly, you've most likely not heard of a system called "Legion keystones", where even if you have the best gear, ou screw something up in a lvl 10 keysonte, you're done!

5. I like big numbers, makes it all the more fun to watch your enemies burn while the numbers take them out...AHAHA!

6. ........LOL! Are you kidding me? We have zones like azsuna, highmountain, SMV (Draenor), grizzily hills, Amazing weapon sets, badass teir sets, and you called the most beloved team by community standards "Lazy" BRUH! Sit the fuck down.

7. Well, the NPCS call you "Commander/Hero" in WoD, and the NPCs call you "The chosen one" in legion, I find your lack of background evidence....disturbing.

8. A. LFR will never go, if the casuals need to experience a raid, let them experience it! B. If you make the game hard again, it's gonna take away more people, do you not realize how many computers were destroyed during early WoW? How many families suffered? Yah, I thought so. C. The game is still great, if someone like it....then it's great...even if one guy plays it...atleast...well...he likes it.

in minecraft on their game loader (simular to the one we use) you can select any version previous build to play ... ie say current version is 1.9 you could selct and go back to 1.2 etc.. wish blizz could make it so you could role back on the expansions or something in the same way MC do it ... probably impossible but just a thought x

Deleted
    Problem is not with wow, the problem is with us. We have played this game for far too long. Think about your favorite food, if you eat it for 10 years straight then you will start hating it too. We know everything there is to know about wow so the mystery is gone, we have done most things at least 100 times. So yes current player base is jaded.

For me I am subbed but I have been online in over a month, even when I get on I do some arenas with my friends. I know I will be back for Legion and will enjoy the game for about 3-6 months after that it will be the same.

I think we all come back to wow cause of nostalgia and old friends. But after all it is a video game no matter how awesome. It will never be the same to us unless you wipe your memory and start playing from beginning. So my advice is don't waste your time thinking about how to "fix" this game, there are already professionals working on that, if you have too much free time then go try some other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    in minecraft on their game loader (simular to the one we use) you can select any version previous build to play ... ie say current version is 1.9 you could selct and go back to 1.2 etc.. wish blizz could make it so you could role back on the expansions or something in the same way MC do it ... probably impossible but just a thought x
    In minecraft you host your own server.

Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    In minecraft you host your own server.

Big difference
    ah.. fair doos would be a nice option to have though x

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    On difficulty - always the experienced players who say that.
    The point is there has to be a cap, otherwise nobody but those in at the start would be capable of reaching the skill requirement.
    Players progress with experience, and so you have to bear in mind there will be those starting at nothing.
    If you are going to raise the bar each and every time then just how much of the game population is going to reach that.
    In fact, this difficulty increase is what happened in early Cataclysm and I personally think it was the event that started the massive decline in subs cause it basicly limited the fresh blood getting into higher levels as they met the wall at the very begining. Subs drop in WoW not because people quit more but because not enough new people join. And the lack of fresh blood led to guilds not being able to raid therefor disband and this is what actually really pushed people into quitting as many long time players sticked to the game due to playing with people they knew.

Also, as for the socialization. The only real socialization always happened within guilds. From my personal experience, people outside my guild were the most toxic group ever during Vanilla and TBC. I avoided interacting with them at all cost. In fact I much more enjoy random interaction past LFD since as group making became easier, when people talk they do that to socialize.