Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    One of those petitions links to a bot they used to sign 900 times. But there are 900 legit users to match that one dude to fall into the margin of error, right?

Right?
    There are many people avoiding private servers, there are many people who don't sign petitions. 900 is a fraction of 100.000. Also, care to provide the evidence with a link? Or is it common knowledge? I have never heard of it until now, myself. That someone did that, if they did it would be stupid.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    100.000 signatures are a lot. How would you like to prove that it is not? For a petition? Care to find any petitions with more than 100k signatures in the gaming community the last 5 years to provide evidence that it is not? Care to provide any question beyond doubt that you are uneducated if you think 100k signatures does not represent a lot of people? In the MMORPG-scene, which is far more narrow than the entire MMO-scene (includes FPS, MOBA's, etc, etc). Please, do make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

At least make up a comparison that makes any sense...
    I mean, it is a direct parallel.

BACK TO THE SAND I GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Dude, we all know, post counts make you correct. Didn't the Blizzard General Forums teach you anything? The place where that classic logical trump card "said by a level one" was invented - the only legal gambit more deadly than the Chewbacca Defense!
    there is no hope for you
    /out

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Franchise legacy servers. Blizzard sell them their ip in exchange for a cut. Blizzard make money, private server makes money, legacy people get to play vanilla, retail players get better content as Blizzard have more resources.

Blizzard makes extra money doing nothing. Legacy server pays for maintenance etc.

The only reason this isn't happening is that the current Blizzard team is so pathetic they are frightened of being overtaken by a gang of broke hobbyists using their old software.
    No, it has nothing to do with allowing people with very little respect for their work get their hands on the actual Blizzard server code, which has been called the "crown jewels" of Blizzard's tech, worth millions, if not billions, in the gaming market, and having it leak once would guarantee an explosion of illegal servers like you can't believe.

Sure, that will TOTALLY work. Because Blizzard is frightened. LOL.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2016-04-16 at 05:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I did Mythic and it wasn't fun after I had to slog through LFR, Normal and Heroic just to get a boss with 2 more mechanics and stronger adds. That's not why I play the game. I did PvP and WoD PvP makes me miss S5 DK+Holy Pala or Holy Pala+Surv Hunter. So what's left - soloing old raids and dungeons for achievements and mounts? Didn't I pay for this NEW expansion to play NEW content? Why was my playtime spent primarily doing old stuff? Hint - because WoD had nothing apart from raids and garrisons.

Fuck the class balance and fuck boss mechanics. Who cares about that when the entire game offers better gameplay and is just more fun to play? Is it really THAT important that Molten Core bosses had 1 mechanic if that when I am grinning like an idiot killing them or were Hanz and Franz better because I was doing backflips and shit while worrying that the other 19 gangsters could die at any moment?
    Well I mean I skipped doing any LFR because LFR was locked for a few weeks so I just did plenty of normal. I do agree that normal is pretty boring (even moreso after some recent patches) and while it was fun to flex in some friends/family guildies and keep doing normal til we did heroic overall I'd rather have just more heroic.

I will agree that dungeons were a fucking disaster in WoD and mythic dungeons weren't good enough. Legion should be fixing that problem at least. You may have more fun doing Vanilla bosses but I couldn't go back and enjoy it. I'd fall asleep at my keyboard mass spamming remove curse or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    So what has changed in society in the last 10 years? Have people started working jobs that didn't exist in 2006? No.
    Are you really that silly or just pretending? lets take the average wow player from back 2006:
    - male
    - going to school
    - a teen
    10 years later he has:
    - a job
    - probably a girlfriend
    - mayhaps a family

but go on claiming theres nothing to do in wow now, and claim that was back in vanilla is kinda very silly.

That someone did that, if they did it would be stupid.
    That was just someone trying to prove a point. I'd hate to see how many signs some vehement supporter would bot on up there.

Quote Originally Posted by madworldzzz View Post
    there is no hope for you
    /out

Kids these days. No stamina. Tsk.

Is it? LOL. So you do read for comprehension. Selectively.

And you don't know what the words means. You really don't - and throwing the word around doesn't make you any more right. But you think it does.
    What the actual -beep- is this bullshit? You can't even formulate yourself properly after making up a stance that I supposedly had? Give it a rest, you are making fun of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by madworldzzz View Post
    there is no hope for you
    /out
    I like your style.

"Nuh uh"

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Such low costs that hey we're going to shut down right? Would blizz be allowed the same benefits of doubt if there servers were buggy or people hacked? It would happen at greater scales on blizz servers so this the need to intergrate bnet into these legacy servers. People let things slide a lot more when free how would they act when they have to pay? And don't say people don't get funny over money because we all know that is bs.
    This message is a perfect example of :
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    So don't pat each other too much on the back for just proving you're trying very hard to invent bad pretexts to disagree and just keep your narrative. Not a lot of pride to take in being able to argue in bad faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You attempted to use the petition as one of your "facts" about the high demands for legacy servers.
    So which side of your mouth are you talking out of now?
    The side that he does not want you to pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    That was just someone trying to prove a point. I'd hate to see how many signs some vehement supporter would bot on up there.
    So, it was someone not supporting the cause trying to devalue the petition? Doesn't that entirely devalue said evidence as unconstructive and an attempt at ruining the petition more so than anything else?

pwellzor, kyanion, gadzooks

have these de-railling shills banned

cheers

Some would say that private servers with anything ranging from 3-13k active players per night is a bit more than "some" interest if the amount of realms numbers in the half-dozen and there has been realms over the last 5-7 years? I don't know where you took your classes, but to me that is cold, established facts leaning towards more than just "some".
    And some would say that isn't enough for Blizzard to bother spending the money/manpower/time to start classic realms. And of course you always ignore the can of worms. Why start at Vanilla? TBC and WotLK were more popular. Which patch we start on? Why that one? What about class balancing? Bug fixes? And so on.

And that is 'some' when we're considering Blizz has millions of people playing the game and likely millions more coming back for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The side that he does not want you to pay attention to.
    I wonder which side that is, people like strawmen in here. I think. Yikes.

Deleted
    No, it has nothing to do with allowing people with very little respect for their work get their hands on the actual Blizzard server code, which has been called the "crown jewels" of Blizzard's tech, and it worth millions, if not billions, in the gaming market, and having it leak once would guarantee an explosion of illegal servers like you can't believe.

Sure, that will TOTALLY work. Because Blizzard is frightened. LOL.
    You make no sense. Private servers already use Blizzard code. That is the point. What code would be "leaked"?

You are being aggressive about something you don't understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Yeah 'cuz Vanilla, Diablo 2 and Starcraft sucked.
    you can be glad that mark didnt worked on them alone or as lead otherwise we might never gotten this gems.... like all the stuff he worked on after blizzard....

100.000 signatures are a lot. How would you like to prove that it is not? For a petition? Care to find any petitions with more than 100k signatures in the gaming community the last 5 years to provide evidence that it is not? Care to provide any question beyond doubt that you are uneducated if you think 100k signatures does not represent a lot of people? In the MMORPG-scene, which is far more narrow than the entire MMO-scene (includes FPS, MOBA's, etc, etc). Please, do make me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

At least make up a comparison that makes any sense...

You just said you don't like petitions and admit people can easily sign it more than once and yet again are going to use it as a fact?
    Does your mouthy hurt talking out of both sides of it?