Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    So? That statement changes absolutely nothing. Be social and explain the mechanics to the people who don't get it. If you don't wanna make the effort, then don't bother running it. This isn't vanilla/TBC anymore, absolutely, but it's still both WoW and an MMORPG. Make the effort or run the other dungeons. Let the people who want to run a "hard" dungeon do it.
    Yeah you do that and see the other person have a meltdown and/or throw a tantrum.

Deleted
    It just shows why currently tier skips are inevitable. For newcomers and alts to catch up it has far too many mechanics that will still matter then. It was quiet different or at least could be explained rather quickly at times of Karazhan and Naxx25 due to how few mechanics bosses had and how easily they could be mastered. But doing something like BRF normal for catchup gear is only possible if at least most know what they are doing, especially tanks.

Same for all those timewalking dungeons. The sheer mass of dungeons scaled down show that in some mechanics actually matter, especially the cata ones. While TBC was just brutal numbers, tank debuffs and adds the cata mechanics are most often oneshots or at least require action.

Fits btw for the debate "what is hard?" since there are two completely different concepts here which both may considered as difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im not complaining about TW dungeons, i think they are piss easy, and i perfectly execute all mechanics on any character that im on. I just notice that while in them, the other randoms are clueless bads who wipe and then leave after they wipe.
    Potentially being grouped with players who don't know the content and are terrified to ask because of people like you? Perish the thought.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Yeah you do that and see the other person have a meltdown and/or throw a tantrum.
    I've already done it, why do you think I said it? We wiped 3 times so I explained the mechanics after checking them out (dungeon journal/internet) and the group did it fine. They hardly talked but they most certainly read what I was saying and went through with it. This is just me though, but if you explain it and the other group members don't speak a different language than you'll be fine. If you don't get it 2 or 3 times after explaining it leave and reque.

Seems you're also forgetting LFG isn't the only way to form a group. How about one upping my example up there and looking for people in trade chat that are sufficient enough in your eyes to run it competently? Can also use the premade group finder. As I said, be social. Doesn't matter if this isn't Vanilla/TBC, it's WoW and it's an MMORPG. Don't be surprised if you actually have to talk to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I've already done it, why do you think I said it? We wiped 3 times so I explained the mechanics after checking them out (dungeon journal/internet) and the group did it fine. They hardly talked but they most certainly read what I was saying and went through with it. This is just me though, but if you explain it and the other group members don't speak a different language than you'll be fine. If you don't get it 2 or 3 times after explaining it leave and reque.

Seems you're also forgetting LFG isn't the only way to form a group. How about one upping my example up there and looking for people in trade chat that are sufficient enough in your eyes to run it competently. Can also use the premade group finder. As I said, be social. Doesn't matter if this isn't Vanilla/TBC, it's WoW and it's an MMORPG. Don't be surprised if you actually have to talk to people.
    Yeah, if you have specific demands or expectations which aren't being met by a random group then go pug it manually instead of complaining that minimal effort gives you minimal results.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Had an impatient healer that wanted to rush through Grim Batol today. He wanted the tank to pull Throngus right on the adds in the middle of the semicircle. We were stunned by the Twilight Beguilers while Flaming shield was blasting us. He then raged on us for not interrupting the Beguilers........

I think the problem with TW dungeons is some don't know the mechanics and others just want to blaze through. Most of my groups have been good.
    I do this all the time as a tank... have yet to wipe, usually i also pull patrol with it and move boss towards next pack when previous trash dies and pull that as well. However sometimes few people might die... not my fault for being bad :P

It seems like whenever a dungeon is tuned appropriately especially when Timewalking dungeons tunes the character down to the appropriate level, it seems like the bads come out in full force.

Have players just forgotten how to do pretty basic mechanics?

I mean how dungeons are, and even mythic dungeons dont really encourage any sort of paying attention to mechanics, i guess players just get used to standing in fire and such because there is little consequence to doing so.

It really seems like in TW dungeons, most players are baddie mcbadbads. Case in point, End Time, players have had a lot of issues completing it.
    No. I have never come across any group that I was not able to carry through the instance. Multiple characters and prob over 100 separate dungeons. "If you are having problems then it is you who is the baddie mcbadbads. They are so fucking easy. If, for any reason, you think there might be an issue then just say in chat. Pretty simple. Things like "focus skull" or "Jump behind big rock when boss jumps". Mythic dungeons don't require any coordination because most of the time the groups are 40-65 ilvls above what they were designed for. What do you expect? I'm not alone here. I think a lot of people look at threads like this and just shake their head at the OP. How can someone be so shit at this simple game and yet still have the audacity to complain. L2P OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    They should know all mechanics BEFORE entering. Thats why we have a *GASP* dungeon journal, that clearly states all mechanics.
    makes you wonder how people where able to do dungeons in vanilla.....

Feel people are getting worse every TW event. Every boss someone is dead cause they cant move . People dont know what buffs are and dps over 1k is rare

7+ Year Old Account
    You all know what will happen. Blizzard has internal metrics on all kinds of ingame activity.

If people wipe enough, drop plenty of times without completing the dungeon, and if Blizz sees that useage of the TW dungs is dropping, they will be nerfed.

Bet on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    Feel people are getting worse every TW event. Every boss someone is dead cause they cant move . People dont know what buffs are and dps over 1k is rare
    This is a joke right? Every single TW dungeon I enter there's the rogue with legendary daggers that does 10k dps from autoattack, the crazy hunter that pretty much destroys everyone and me with Dragonwrath trailing behind. Never ever have I seen a dps player around 1k...

I dont have patience for people who purposely waste my time by not doing 5 minutes of homework by reading a few paragraphs. Honestly, why couldn't they just read the dungeon journal?
    Or you could be social in a MMO and ask if everyone knows the dungeon and if not take literally 2 minutes to explain it. Or be an elitist jerk and call everyone noobs and make things worse.
    Your choice

Deleted
    I dont have patience for people who purposely waste my time by not doing 5 minutes of homework by reading a few paragraphs. Honestly, why couldn't they just read the dungeon journal?
    Lol what the hell? You must be a real nice person in life. People wasting your time? The amazingly precious time in WoW? Amazing.

I can't blame people for not knowing the mechanics for dungeons they've never done, but it frustrates the hell out of me when I explain the strats and people would rather give me a "just pull" rather than make sure we don't wipe.

And of course when they fuck up and die, they either leave or it's someone elses fault.

Frustrating as hell.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Why not just read the dungeon journal and learn the mechanics BEFORE entering the dungeon? I mean, why even have the dungeon journal if the bads arent going to use it?
    Because different people learn different ways, it's the reason why in school the best teachers are the ones that evolve with their students. I know for me I can read something all day, but until I see it and get my hands on it it doesn't really sink in. You tell me what to do, let me see it once and then I've got it. Sometimes that can lead to a wipe, often times I can do it just well enough the first time that it doesn't matter anyways. The second time though I'm good to go.

Some people can learn and understand by reading, others learn far better by getting in there and doing it. Some will just never get it because they don't have the ability, those you just need to kick and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what did that achieve before timewalking ?
    Not a damn thing.

The experience is for a variety of reasons.
    Lack of familliarity, and horrible scaling which due to fundamental stat and class changes is unavoidable.
    The quality of players at the start of wod in heroics was very much noticeable improvement from the past, so yes it did do a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The quality of players at the start of wod in heroics was very much noticeable improvement from the past, so yes it did do a damn thing.
    No it didnt.
    Lack of famillarity with the mechanics resulted in the same mess it does any time players don't know what they are getting into.
    Proving groups teach effectively nothing that matters in group content, how to work in a group with non-static opponents.
    Stuff that can only be taught by real experience in that content.
    Experienced players with their determination to rush through that levelling content are denying that real experience to those who need it the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullpointer View Post
    This is a joke right? Every single TW dungeon I enter there's the rogue with legendary daggers that does 10k dps from autoattack, the crazy hunter that pretty much destroys everyone and me with Dragonwrath trailing behind. Never ever have I seen a dps player around 1k...

Now you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No it didnt.
    Lack of famillarity with the mechanics resulted in the same mess it does any time players don't know what they are getting into.
    Proving groups teach effectively nothing that matters in group content, how to work in a group with non-static opponents.
    Stuff that can only be taught by real experience in that content.
    Experienced players with their determination to rush through that levelling content are denying that real experience to those who need it the most.
    It completely did, yes you still had bad apples, but the amount of bad apples was far less. Proving grounds itself as a teaching tool isn't the subject. PGs did in fact raise the average player "skill" at the start wod for heroic grinding phase.

Maybe the game would feel more social if you weren't an awful person. Just saying.