10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This kind of comment seems a bit offensive (not that I took offense to it). Are you saying nobody should play Warcraft 3 anymore because it's "living in the past"? Or that I can't go back and play Ocarina of Time because I would be "living in the past", or I shouldn't play Fallout 3 because Fallout 4 is out?

Honestly, if current WoW wasn't so different from Vanilla WoW there probably wouldn't be as many people that wanted to go back and play it. It's a completely different game in almost every aspect besides visuals.
    I would say that's not really the same though. Those games are linear games with a clear end point. Vanilla however is just a different version of something that currently exists. If you were to complain that you absolutely refuse to play FO4 becuase they've ruined the game and instead you plan to only ever play FO3 then it might be the same, but those games have different stories, different RP that can be done, Vanilla doesn't have it. All the story (save for questing, which didn't have much story anyway) is the same in Vanilla as it is in WoD, Ragnaros is still the boss of MC, Nef is the boss of BWL, KT is still the final boss of the game. All that's really different is the QoL and how classes work and some people I guess just prefer shit class balance and needing hours just to find a group and get to a dungeon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anthene talks on Blizzard disconnect with its community

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    Rosa Parks was technically a criminal, but never mind that. Criminals get what they deserve, because the law is absolute.

Blizzard sure showed those pirates. Now they can't just play the game for free. So I guess we should be expecting all those people to resubscribe to WoW now? Well, we'll never know because they don't report the numbers anymore. But who cares about that anyway? We've wanted these stupid nostalgia fans to shut up for a long time now, and shutting down Nostalrius was obviously the best way to make that happen. Come on people, stop asking for a game that you used to possess and just play the new one, you big cry babies. Get in line to buy the new expansions just like everyone else.

My fellow law-abiding citizens, today we celebrate a victory! What did we gain? I'm not really sure. Who cares?! We're good people!
    Now we are comparing a private server infringing on copyright to the civil rights movement. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I would say that's not really the same though. Those games are linear games with a clear end point. Vanilla however is just a different version of something that currently exists. If you were to complain that you absolutely refuse to play FO4 becuase they've ruined the game and instead you plan to only ever play FO3 then it might be the same, but those games have different stories, different RP that can be done, Vanilla doesn't have it. All the story (save for questing, which didn't have much story anyway) is the same in Vanilla as it is in WoD, Ragnaros is still the boss of MC, Nef is the boss of BWL, KT is still the final boss of the game. All that's really different is the QoL and how classes work and some people I guess just prefer shit class balance and needing hours just to find a group and get to a dungeon.
    Yea...you don't know what you're talking about. Vanilla and WoD play vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Anthene talks on Blizzard disconnect with its community
    Are you just digging to find anyone and everyone that has a video on youtube or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Yea...you don't know what you're talking about. Vanilla and WoD play vastly different.
    Yes, they do, Vanilla was massively more shitty than WoD as far has how it played. Doing MC as a fire mage was sooooo intuitive and fun.

Yes, they do, Vanilla was massively more shitty than WoD as far has how it played. Doing MC as a fire mage was sooooo intuitive and fun.
    Don't forget being told you can't raid if you wanted to tank as a non-warrior, play a balance druid, a ret pally, shadow priest and so on.

To be fair.. doing WoD with any class is sooo intuitive and fun

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just your opinion.
    Many people like the way vanilla played, and would like the option to go back to that version of the game.
    Sorry if it upsets you that people like different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Don't forget being told you can't raid if you wanted to tank as a non-warrior, play a balance druid, a ret pally, shadow priest and so on.
    Not every raid group was min/maxing in Vanilla.
    You could find a lot of groups that accepted these roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    To be fair.. doing WoD with any class is sooo intuitive and fun
    Yes because Vanilla raiding was so much harder, had better class balance, more complex bosses and included everyone. oh wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Many people like the way vanilla played, and would like the option to go back to that version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if it isn't an option. Quit upsetting us by ramming it down our throats.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you wanted to progress at any decent rate many of those doors were quite shut to you. Then again it would be hard to compare with Nost's 1/3rd warriors and tons of rogues route.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just digging to find anyone and everyone that has a video on youtube or something?
    Athene has been a big part of the WOW community and has the ability to spread information on the topic of legacy servers.

So yes if I find popular WOW personalities give their opinions on the matter I want to share it with others in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

You are free to leave this thread anytime.

i tried Nostralius it was fun barrens chat <3 and also quests mobs could actually kill you

Athene has been a big part of the WOW community and has the ability to spread information on the topic of legacy servers.

So yes if I find popular WOW personalities give their opinions on the matter I want to share it with others in this thread.
    Heh couldn't be because it is a hot button topic and they just want to get a lot of views. Nah.

Yes because Vanilla raiding was so much harder, had better class balance, more complex bosses and included everyone. oh wait.
    Plenty more to the game other than just raiding. Well.. at least back then. But at least we got raiding now... I guess. Yay for small victories!

While I won't argue about the dire balancing issues existent in Vanilla - Wanting these servers is not technically "ramming anything down anyone's throat" as introducing these would not mean removing the regular, ever-evolving servers.

You are free to leave this thread anytime.
    *yawn* I'm not going anywhere, I'll continue to point out the silly arguments the pro-legacy sides make. Or I'll just link the blue posts more.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh couldn't be because it is a hot button topic and they just want to get a lot of views. Nah.
    well everyone is talking about this - most likely something Blizzard did not expect

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Plenty more to the game other than just raiding. Well.. at least back then. But at least we got raiding now... I guess. Yay for small victories!
    Riiiiight because WoD only has raiding! Nothing else! Nothing for achievement hunters, mount collectors, pet battles, pvpers, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

well everyone is talking about this - most likely something Blizzard did not expect
    Most people are shitting out opinions to get views on youtube but hey whatever narrative you need. Watch how those guys abandon your cause and move on to the next thing in short order.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you wanted to progress at any decent rate many of those doors were quite shut to you. Then again it would be hard to compare with Nost's 1/3rd warriors and tons of rogues route.
    Groups were free to min/max or not. Many did, many did not.
    You could find a group that would take your spec if you wanted.
    You are the one putting conditions on your own statements.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It makes me more sad than upset honestly. If it were up to me Blizzard wouldn't have shut Nos down so people could still enjoy their trip down memory lane, but I don't want WoW resources used up in any capacity to support a version of the game who's time has past.

Groups were free to min/max or not. Many did, many did not.
    You could find a group that would take your spec if you wanted.
    You are the one putting conditions on your own statements.
    I remember one of the best memories of Vanilla was getting into my friends MC guild run as a ret pally, especially because they accidentally ML'd me the T2 leggings off Rag, boy were they salty. However it was very rare you could get past MC or maybe BWL as an off spec in Vanilla.