Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    IDK this plot sounds pretty solid. Its enough to keep me interested and intrigued. Everything reminds me of anime right now though.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    i buy that alleria and turalyon landed on AU draenor, but i don't think the apexis civilization mastered interdimensional travel. i feel like if anything the mages they came with just became accustomed to tearing small holes in reality or something. recruiting the entire apexis civilization seems like a huge task

not impossible, and definitely interesting, but idk how i feel about it
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    i buy that alleria and turalyon landed on AU draenor, but i don't think the apexis civilization mastered interdimensional travel. i feel like if anything the mages they came with just became accustomed to tearing small holes in reality or something. recruiting the entire apexis civilization seems like a huge task

We don't know how it goes, but isn't it possible that they (T & A) just have a bunch of interdimensional ships like the Exodar? They, in this theory, were fighting under a group of Naaru. If the Sha'tar Naaru could give the Draenei an interdimensional ship, these more offensive Naaru might have more ships for their army.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The Apexis have technology that seems to rival that of the Draenei at the peak of their civilization, and if the Draenei are capable of piloting, repairing and refurbishing a Naaru interdimensional ship of their own (Exodar), then I think it would be within the realm of possibility for the Apexis, with the help of the Naaru, to build dimensional ships of their own as well.

Plus, I think the Archeology Scroll that is schematics to a "Temple in the Sky" is pretty damning evidence, combined with the fact that they all mysteriously disappeared raises more questions than it answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow! So many questions I have!!

Deleted
    Do you guys really think that the guys from Blizzard put more thought into this than "Oh, Alleria and Turalyon are immortal Time Travelers who fought the burning legion for 1000 years and Turalyon, one of the Original Silver Hand Paladins, is High Exarch now? Woooooooow, that's so deep and meaningful, because it is cool if you have the mind of a 8 year old."

10+ Year Old Account
    That all sounds well thought but let's be honest, Blizzard won't have thought things through that much. We will never hear or see anything about the Apexis. We will never know more about Turalyon and Allerias adventures most likely either. I'm still annoyed as hell that they've kept them out of the game this entire time and decided to just never add them but instead throw out some random story about where they are.

I mean how did they survive a thousand years? Even if the nether is timeless it still is odd. And how in the hell did they leave Outland to begin with? They're not mages. They're not capable of opening portals.

Meh their whole story just annoys me. They should have been found with Khadgar during TBC it's just that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Do you guys really think that the guys from Blizzard put more thought into this than "Oh, Alleria and Turalyon are immortal Time Travelers who fought the burning legion for 1000 years and Turalyon, one of the Original Silver Hand Paladins, is High Exarch now? Woooooooow, that's so deep and meaningful, because it is cool if you have the mind of a 8 year old."
    Well, considering that they went out of their way to publish an entire novel dedicated to the introductory lore surrounding Legion... yes. This is exactly the kind of thing Blizzard would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. There's no way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    That all sounds well thought but let's be honest, Blizzard won't have thought things through that much. We will never hear or see anything about the Apexis. We will never know more about Turalyon and Allerias adventures most likely either. I'm still annoyed as hell that they've kept them out of the game this entire time and decided to just never add them but instead throw out some random story about where they are.

I mean how did they survive a thousand years? Even if the nether is timeless it still is odd. And how in the hell did they leave Outland to begin with? They're not mages. They're not capable of opening portals.

Meh their whole story just annoys me. They should have been found with Khadgar during TBC it's just that simple.
    AFAIK Alleria and Turalyon along with a bunch of humans and high elves chased some demons through a portal as Outland was imploding instead of sitting on their asses like Khadgar, Danath and that one Dwarf. That's not really that lame.

I only brought the Apexis into this because, how else would you explain Alleria's arrow showing up on Alt-Draenor? What is that Temple in the Sky supposed to be, and why did they mysteriously disappear? That's way too many intersecting plot points for me to ignore as just random Blizzard bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. There's no way they did.
    Idk dude, if Blizzard can write Garrosh a 7 year long story arc, from whiny loser in Nagrand to full blown Hitler in MoP, I think Blizzard has enough foresight in their writing to substantiate some bird dudes and two time travelling weirdos.

they didnt take the whole civilization though, the arrakoa are the apexis decendants. it be like if aliens came down here, took our greatest and brightest scientists and some really good soldiers and flew away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    AFAIK Alleria and Turalyon along with a bunch of humans and high elves chased some demons through a portal as Outland was imploding instead of sitting on their asses like Khadgar, Danath and that one Dwarf. That's not really that lame.

I only brought the Apexis into this because, how else would you explain Alleria's arrow showing up on Alt-Draenor? What is that Temple in the Sky supposed to be, and why did they mysteriously disappear? That's way too many intersecting plot points for me to ignore as just random Blizzard bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk dude, if Blizzard can write Garrosh a 7 year long story arc, from whiny loser in Nagrand to full blown Hitler in MoP, I think Blizzard has enough foresight in their writing to substantiate some bird dudes and two time travelling weirdos.
    while i could see them retrofitting the apexis like that since it is a cool idea, i think its pretty obvious the apexis were meant to be the raid inbetween launch and hfc.

- - - Updated - - -

they WERE going to be in tbc. when they announced tbc the original story they said it would be would be us jumping through the portals throughout outland with alleria and turalyon fighting the legion on other worlds.

instead, they never even showed up and we went through 0 portals, most likely because people in vanilla bitched and moaned about raid bosses not being known characters so they switched tracks and made illidan and kael'thas villains.

which is why theyve been forced to now put out a book that finally explains wtf was going on during tbc

- - - Updated - - -

they released two books that heavily set up future expansions and cleans up old lore, theyre also already working on the expansion after legion.

alleria and turalyon are going to show up THIS expansion, so yeah, i assume they thought out their appearance more than "hurr durr cool video bai"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Immitis where did you hear this about them originally going to be in Outland with us and us jumping through portals with them to other worlds? I've never once ever heard this. I even just rewatched the TBC announcement videos and there was no mention of them or portal jumping at all. The only time I found them mentioned was when Tigole said that everyone of the alliance statues in Stormwind would be in Outland including Alleria etc. I can't find any other evidence about it.

But yeah I'm still not buying that Blizzard has deeply thought this all through. There's been so many stories that dried up or were flat off killed. Like the original plan Blizzard had for Chogall and Kargath during WoD beta. And also Chogalls "master" he speaks of that was coming. Guess he's gonna arrive on Draenor after we've said cya later guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm still cleaving to the hypothesis that Alleria and Turalyon's little cutscene in the current builds of Legion is just a placeholder mishmash pending the actual text - same with Spiritwalker Ebonhorn being Wrathion in the earlier Alpha builds. I think they're eventually going to paste over it with whatever actually happens with Arator and Co.
    What's happened with Wrathion now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    What's happened with Wrathion now?
    Not sure, I haven't encountered him just yet in Highmountain. I think he's in the Maw of Neltharion instance in some capacity, but I'm still doing the quest chains.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Spoilers below, ye be warned. In bold I am dropping some serious story spoilers and speculations and I'll back it up as best as I can.

In Legion it is revealed that Alleria and Turalyon, upon stepping through a portal to the Twisting Nether at the end of WC2 have been bouncing around time and space, that they have been battling the Burning Legion for a Thousand Years.

Vindicator Boros: The vessel...it senses young Arator's presence!
    High Exarch Turalyon: If you can hear this, your mother and I have an important message for you.
    Alleria: For a thousand years, we have been hunting the Burning Legion across the stars.
    High Exarch Turalyon: We do not expect you to forgive us for leaving, but we did it out of love for you. To ensure your safety and the survival of our world, we chose to make this sacrifice.
    Alleria: We failed in the final battle, and it is unlikely we will survive. My son, we have one final message for you and the heroes of our world.
    High Exarch Turalyon: The Burning Legion will come in full force to Azeroth. These armies are led by Balnazzar, Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden. These three must fall before you can hope to defeat Sargeras.

Alleria: Azeroth is the last light of hope, Arator. Fight, or all is lost.
    High Exarch Turalyon: Farewell, son. May the Light guide you.
    Arator: My parents risked much to send us this warning. We must act.

Alleria and Turalyon, presumably along with a thousand years worth of gathered forces, have been hunting the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. By travelling through the Twisting Nether, they have not been aged (as the Nether is timeless).

Alleria was captured, interrogated, and lost her bow, but Vereesa concludes that she must have escaped.

This happens during the Marksmanship Hunter Artifact Quest-line.

Alleria and Turalyon may have visited Alt. Draenor some time in the past 1000 years.

In Warlords of Draenor, we encounter the Cowled Ranger, who sends us on a quest to confirm her suspicions that Alleria is somehow on the Alternate Draenor.

Her suspicions are confirmed true, the existence of the Silver-Lined Arrow is physical evidence of Alleria's presence on Alternate Draenor.

But it doesn't confirm when.

Speculation: Alleria and Turalyon arrived on Alt. Draenor hundreds of years prior to WoD, and the Apexis left with them.

So I believe that Alleria and Turalyon encountered the Apexis on this ancient Draenor, and were able to convince them to join their cause.
    The Apexis disappeared mysteriously at the height of their power, leaving behind technology that rivals that of the Draenei. The only clue to where they may have gone is with the Apexis Scroll.

"This battered scroll case has corroded shut, and the scroll within is barely readable with very careful examination. These appear to be plans and measurements for a glorious "Temple in the Sky," written in an ancient hand. It's unclear whether such a splendid structure was ever built.

A Temple in the Sky? Sounds like a Dimensional-Ship to me.

So Alleria and Turalyon's forces, aboard an Apexis Dimensional Ship, hunted the Legion for thousand years.

But let's not stop there: Who could they have picked up over their 1000 year crusade?

For starters, Alleria and Turalyon were said to have disappeared along with a small force of Men and Elves. A thousand years is a long time for Half-Elves to emerge as a people of their own, with culture that is influenced by both races.

Legion introduces a race called the Aldrachi, who were wiped out by the Legion, but there is a possibility that some were rescued by Alleria and Turalyon, adding them to their forces.

Finally, it would be difficult to traverse the Nether for 1000 years without encountering some Ethereal who would be interested in joining their cause.

Wrathion probably knew that AU Draenor was where Turalyon and Alleria ended up at some point in history.

Not sure how, but I wouldn't put it past him.
    You know, I really like it. It gives consistence to this "1000 years war of Turalyon and alleria", more reasonance to the naaru and make AU Draenor a bit more useful than the simple "we need to bring back Gul'dan, forget about the rest".
    Besides, I belive the High Exarch title comes from naaru, and I would like seeing alleria, who was captured and escaped and maybe is on azeroth now, during this expansion in some sort, while meeting turalyon when we'll venture in the nether in the counter attack, at the head of apexis, some draenei, ethereals and these aldrachi who are described very powerful in their height.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is some Kingdom Hearts level of time/dimension quackery - but recruiting the Apexis into the Army of the Light would count for a lot.

Did A+T recruit the Apexis though or were they already recruited.

Suns in the Warcraft universe could be closely related to what the Naaru are as Tauren get similar abilities as Paladins by worshiping the Sun. The Apexis worshiped their sun as well and built their whole society around it. If the Naaru rocked up the Apexis would be very friendly to them and think of them as gods.

Also if the Apexis did not leave then the Orcs could not have advanced to as far as they got. The Naaru may have also steered the Draenei in the direction of Draenor so that history could play out and they would be put into contact with other races eventually.

Deleted
    I really think Blizzard doesn't get what we liked about Turalyon and Alleria. It will be the same Story like Thralls, taking a Character everybody loves, give him some epic power up and degrade him to nothing more than an empty shell for his powers.

It is terrible that they seem to blatantly ignore the past lore. IF Alleria doesn't freak out when she hears that a human Prince killed her sister, then I will be disappointed. There is potential there that I doubt Blizz will pursue. Instead, we are going to see more one-dimensional, weak writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    It is terrible that they seem to blatantly ignore the past lore. IF Alleria doesn't freak out when she hears that a human Prince killed her sister, then I will be disappointed. There is potential there that I doubt Blizz will pursue. Instead, we are going to see more one-dimensional, weak writing.
    Not sure what you're calling terrible, all we know so far is that they've been fighting the Legion for a thousand years and that Alleria spent some time on Draenor, and recently escaped from a Demon prison.

I doubt that after a thousand years of battling the Legion, Alleria would just come back to get caught up in Azeroth's asinine politics and drama, even if it does involve her own sister. That would be poor writing if Alleria suddenly gave a shit about the faction divide.