Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Given that druids derive power from the wild of nature, I feel that even those who forgo shapeshifting are still pretty tough, at least compared to mages or warlocks, if we are speaking at a physical level. Living in the wild has probably given them some kind of toughness.

I think we can all agree mages (and I guess warlocks who are like shitty mages) are the strongest class. Khadgar almost solos Deathwing in Outland, Aegwynn (probably not a fair example in this case) beat the avatar of Sargeras, Jaina (using an "artifact" I admit) almost destroyed Orgrimmar single-handedly (Dragon Penis being the pacifier that ended that fiasco).

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten View Post

I think we can all agree mages (and I guess warlocks who are like shitty mages) are the strongest class. Khadgar almost solos Deathwing in Outland, Aegwynn (probably not a fair example in this case) beat the avatar of Sargeras, Jaina (using an "artifact" I admit) almost destroyed Orgrimmar single-handedly (Dragon Penis being the pacifier that ended that fiasco).
    The warlocks of the burning legion destroy entire worlds on a regular basis, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The warlocks of the burning legion destroy entire worlds on a regular basis, just sayin.
    pix or it didn't happen.

In the lore, Mages (Aegwynn, Medivh, Khadgar/Jaina to some extend), Warlocks (Guldan) and maybe Paladin (Uther, Fordring) are seen as the strongest character. Malfurion being also in the top. As Hawthorn said, the warrior class isnt represented as a strong class in the lore. Just look Garrosh, maybe one of the most powerful warrior in history, got killed by the hand (huhu) of Thrall, a shaman.

Magic > Non-magic. Thats it.

Blackhand killed Maarad.... But hes kind of a special enhanced warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Blackhand killed Maarad.... But hes kind of a special enhanced warrior.
    Blackhand was more like an Enhancement Shaman without that lightning and totembullshit an with 1000% more enhancement.

pix or it didn't happen.
    Velens short story

Deleted
    I think without their Magic the Demon Hunters would be the weakest fighters, cause let's be honest: These war"glaives" are just stupid. And fighting half naked doesn't makes you the Flash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think without their Magic the Demon Hunters would be the weakest fighters, cause let's be honest: These war"glaives" are just stupid. And fighting half naked doesn't makes you the Flash.
    Without magic they're not even fighters anymore. All their physical capabilities are magically enhanced to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Why do people like to say "(1) is just a weaker (2)"?
    The only really impressive one there is Khadgar soloing DW. Yet if I remember well he did it using intelligence instead of "pew-pew".

(Why didn't we call him in Cataclysm...?)

Without magic they're not even fighters anymore. All their physical capabilities are magically enhanced to begin with.
    They do some pretty heavy training, though, don't they? I think a demon hunter with no magic could still fight stuff.

The only really impressive one there is Khadgar soloing DW. Yet if I remember well he did it using intelligence instead of "pew-pew".

Khadgar fought DW off with his impressive wit not his impressive power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post

The Deathwing of Cataclysm is stronger that the Deathwing in BtDP. Stop shitposting.

- - - Updated - - -

Khadgar almost solos Deathwing in Outland
    In context. Khadgar never "solos" Deathwing. He helped Gronn to beat him using his magic to remove his plates. And that Deathwing isn't nearly as powerful as the Deathwing of Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Eredar in Velen's short story is a great outliner. If a random eredar can destroy worlds why Archimonde can't beat everybody on a heartbeat? in fact. If we already beat those kind of random eredar. Why is Deathwing, or the Lich King. Such big deals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    The Eredar in Velen's short story is a great outliner. If a random eredar can destroy worlds why Archimonde can't beat everybody on a heartbeat? in fact. If we already beat those kind of random eredar. Why is Deathwing, or the Lich King. Such big deals?
    Destructive power =/= Strength in combat. We don't likely let such people to make all preparations to unleash such a cataclysm, the point would probably stop him before he does so and then force him to a confrontation. I mean, in a way that's what happened with Deathwing, more or less.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I think we all can agree that warrior is the most powerful class in the game by lore but not so sure about the weakest. I was thinking that is druid the weakest class in lore? Or Warlock. If we forget gameplay and just follow the lore they couldn't even cast a spell before a warrior would kill them. Mages can at least alter time a little so they are a little better than those but would probably still lose to every average warrior.

Proud warrior since vanilla.
    The most powerful lore wise is the warlock.... as they can litterally just open a portal and summon infanite super strong demons, also their spells lore wise are super strong and in 1 on 1 combat will allways win, warrior? curse/fear, mage? corrupt their magic and curse them, make them unable to cast spells, shaman? disconecct them from the elementes, 2v1? just open a portal and summon tons of demons

the weakest lore wise is either warrior or rogue... as thing is, lore wise able to use magic is stronger then not being able to use magic...

so weakest would be warrior, rogue, mabye hunter? idk

but NO warrior is not the strongest... warlock is BY FAR

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    The most powerful lore wise is the warlock.... as they can litterally just open a portal and summon infanite super strong demons, also their spells lore wise are super strong and in 1 on 1 combat will allways win, warrior? curse/fear, mage? corrupt their magic and curse them, make them unable to cast spells, shaman? disconecct them from the elementes, 2v1? just open a portal and summon tons of demons

the weakest lore wise is either warrior or rogue... as thing is, lore wise able to use magic is stronger then not being able to use magic...

so weakest would be warrior, rogue, mabye hunter? idk

but NO warrior is not the strongest... warlock is BY FAR
    so why gul'dan use garona instead an acolyte of shadow council?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    so why gul'dan use garona instead an acolyte of shadow council?
    Because you use different tools for different purposes. Besides, he's vastly overstating what Warlocks are capable of, and completely ignores that they can be countered on all those tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because you use different tools for different purposes. Besides, he's vastly overstating what Warlocks are capable of, and completely ignores that they can be countered on all those tactics.
    but they are the best, by far!
    they can simply walk and ZIP! ZAP! BOOM CRASH! kill everybody, why use trained assassin? D:
    [/irony]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Just think about how powerful they would be, if they would use weapons that are actually useful.

Betting on hunters for the topic.
    Or rogues, if there's no clear explanation how they are able to hide in a plain sight without magic ._.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Just think about how powerful they would be, if they would use weapons that are actually useful.
    Ironically, glaives are a traditional troll weapon. The Darkspear's Siame-Quashi all wield a pair of them. Problem is that the Demon Hunters' glaives specifically are exaggerately curvy on the edge. I guess their ability to make a practical use of such blatantly impractical weapons is "magic", which is not far-fetched since, as I said already, they achieve all their physical feats thanks to the fel they pump in their bodies.