10+ Year Old Account
    I would defeat the last optional boss but performance is so bad i dont wanna try it, i got to do the last story boss because i got 60fps there... seems my amd is not even going at its regular minimum clock speed at all...
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Was finally able to help ppl with Nameless King after I just started using my bow, made it silly easy
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I would defeat the last optional boss but performance is so bad i dont wanna try it, i got to do the last story boss because i got 60fps there... seems my amd is not even going at its regular minimum clock speed at all...
    You think thats bad? the storm effects on nameless king crashed the game and hard locked my PS4 3 separate times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... had some moments where my PC just took a shit and froze for a good second or longer. For the most part it's decent, just when it doesn't it's rather bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i think the only hard part of it is the camera in phase 1, i swear the lock on has a way shorter range than BB's, or i just stopped using it in that one.

Just finished the game, bar the covenant rewards and two character gestures because their stories bugged out i got every item, beat every boss and got the secret ending as my first You summon the Fire keeper from a sign by the bonfire and you both decide to end the cycle by extinguishing the flames so the souls die out but leave embers so a new world could begin free from the cycle in time. The sun burns out and darkness falls and in pitch darkness with nothing on screen you are still moving around making noise and the fire keeper goes 'does't thou still hear me?' meaning that due to your undead nature you and her will remain in total darkness until the embers spark life again. No matter how long it takes. A much better dark ending than the first game that felt like some revenge of the sith cliche dark lord bunkum and on the whole? Its a good videogame. Its better than DS2 but not as good as BB or DeS because of a few glaring issues like mob ambush spam in place of well thought out traps and such but its not as well paced as the first dark souls. The final act from Irithyll onwards is fantastic stuff, dark souls at its best at points, but the huge linear slog to get to it was so grey and dull that it makes getting there a bit of a slog compared to the variance offered in the other games. Even Yharnam broke it up with places like Hemwick early on. The game could have used a bit more thought put into the first half in terms of designing the locations and i feel they stuck too close to repeating the formulae e.g "oh wait, ANOTHER giant swamp, because for some reason the abyss watchers would like in a poison swamp!" and to be honest a lot of the story of the world felt empty and overall it feels like a solid 7/10 with some amazing art direction at times. Irithyll is hands down my favourite area in all 5 games and im starting NG+ as i type this debating continuing on or starting a new character already, so worth the dead on 60 hours gameplay thus far.

Hemwick really isn't any different though.... It's just a grey rural area as opposed to the grey city area of Central Yharnam. The Road of Sacrifice is more different from Undead Settlement than Hemwick is from Central Yharnam. Bloodborne is the most samey of all the From Software games, despite how well the areas are designed.

They really don't throw mobs of enemies at you like they did in DS2. It is no worse here than it is in Bloodborne. If you were feeling overwhelmed than you likely could've done something to lower the amount of enemies aggroed to you.

Also one of your complaints is that they threw in a poison area? First of all, Bloodborne had a poison area too. Second of all, the entire series is based around cycles. The world and characters change but the same characteristics remain. That's like me saying I didn't like Bloodborne because I don't like horror. That's fine as a personal opinion but as a critique it's bullshit.

Helped 4 ppl kill NK now, average estus use: 1. Nerf ranged!
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Helped 4 ppl kill NK now, average estus use: 1. Nerf ranged!
    I'm doing a bow build as my second playthrough. To be honest the difficulty is pretty much inverted. Some enemies that are hard for melee are easy for ranged and some that are hard for ranged are easy for melee.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I remember that someone said they missed the various backstab animations from DS2. They are now locked behind the Hornet Ring (which increases your critical damage). This video showcases it with the great club.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i think the only hard part of it is the camera in phase 1, i swear the lock on has a way shorter range than BB's, or i just stopped using it in that one.
    e.g "oh wait, ANOTHER giant swamp, because for some reason the abyss watchers would like in a poison swamp!" and to be honest a lot of the story of the world felt empty and overall it feels like a solid 7/10 with some amazing art direction at times. Irithyll is hands down my favourite area in all 5 games and im starting NG+ as i type this debating continuing on or starting a new character already, so worth the dead on 60 hours gameplay thus far.
    I thought this swamp was connected to Oolacile, seeing as you get loads of items that are related to Oolacile, like Dusk's crown or even show Elizabeth's mushroom guys.
    The Abyss Watchers made a lot of sense, seeing as it was closest to the Abyss' formation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    By the way, I remember that someone said they missed the various backstab animations from DS2. They are now locked behind the Hornet Ring (which increases your critical damage). This video showcases it with the great club.

[video=youtube;F7u2iQyZ7pA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7u2iQyZ7pA[video]
    Where can I get his latency. I want some of that shit.

I'm severely disappointed that rolling a sorc was useless. I beat the game, but I ended up spending all my points in dex/str and going a generic weapon build instead. Magic just doesn't do shit for damage and has absolutely no upsides. Every mob has a gap closer and attacks faster than you can cast. It is quite literally unviable to be any form of pure caster, or even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went practically pure caster and well, it works pretty well and cheesy still quite honestly. Cast speed is increased by dex, so having more makes you cast faster, similar to Dark Souls 1. Along with the cast speed ring, normal spells like Soul Arrow and Fireball casts at a quick rate. I ran around with a pyro flame and sorc stick. 18 Attunement, 40 int, and 21 dex for all the relevant casting stats. 2x slot goes to Great Chaos Fire Orb and 1x to Great Soul Arrow. Then you play back pedal the game.
    Estus was pretty much 2:1 health/fp.

Jesse Cox playing Dark Souls III for Fan Friday.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How that guy can maintain 60 FPS at all times..that's pretty nuts.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how many Estus Shards are in the game? The game seems overly generous. As I said before, I've only cleared 5 bosses, and I have 9 flasks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

I had a gap of them for awhile. Just beat the dancer boss and i'm sitting at 10.

Also for those that haven't, but the tower key asap.

http://www.gosunoob.com/dark-souls-3/crow-trading-list/

Also I can't get the sunlight armor set :C Key item I need came from a dude who died before he could give it to me. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You wasted your time with the slow ass crabs that you can run circles around? They're far from annoying unless you're foolishly trying to kill them for whatever reason. You can easily gather all the items in the swamp without a crab ever touching you.
    Some of them drop rings when you kill them for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Does anyone know how many Estus Shards are in the game? The game seems overly generous. As I said before, I've only cleared 5 bosses, and I have 9 flasks.
    You go to 15 flasks at +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    How is that generous from having 20 heals a run in bloodborne, infinite life gems in Dark Souls 2 and being able to kindle up to 20 in DS1 after killing a piss easy boss? You also have to sacrifice 1 or 2 if you use FP. TBH DS3 is the least generous on the healing side of things.

I have the Limp Bizkit song 'Rollin' stuck in their head? Nevertheless i enjoyed this gif

http://imgur.com/UkNiy7k

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'm severely disappointed that rolling a sorc was useless. I beat the game, but I ended up spending all my points in dex/str and going a generic weapon build instead. Magic just doesn't do shit for damage and has absolutely no upsides. Every mob has a gap closer and attacks faster than you can cast. It is quite literally unviable to be any form of pure caster, or even close.
    I think the 1st/2nd ranked Blue Sentinel is a sorcerer and at least another in the top 10 is a pyromancer, it's not worthless. There's so many spells it can take some time to find the viable ones though, or just copy the top ranked guys' setups.