Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It doesn't take months to do it. Legion isn't gonna come out in june or july.
    We're close but I'm still quoting you
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    why not sell some tokesn you can make 200k with 40$ if you work so much it won t be that much for you
    It's interesting but I'd never use in game gold to buy game time, as I have more money than I do time IRL, HOWEVER I probably wouldn't spend real money on in game currency unless absolutely desperate either as I don't like virtual items for real gold (mounts, time, pets w/e). Just personal preference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Level 3 garrison=needed
    level 3 barracks= 25 followers+extra EXP missions+extra missions
    level 3 inn= a treasure hunter follower each week (so yes 25 max, weeks to get all your treasure hunter follwers, but you can get lucky and get some with the trait, or reroll them to get it) + treasure missions
    level 3 salavage yard= tons of free loot to AH,Mog,Vendor, Keep
    level 3 dwarvern bunker= good for alts and if you have a enchanter, as it provides gear for your followers, and metal, that metal can be used to buy blue gloves... that can be sent to a enchanter to turn into enchanting mats!

other then that the rest of your buildings you can choose

on 11 chars (one of each class) each week, logging on once when i wake, once when i go to bed, i make 100k+average 30k auction stuff each week

taking 1 minute per charecter leading to about 30 minutes a day spent on this, and about another half a hour opening all their crates, vendoring/mailing to my AH char, and mailing DE stuff to enchanter, DEing and sending to AH char

also i do not have 25/25 treasure hunters on most my chars

only about 3 chars have the barracks level 3, and only my warlock (main) has 25/25 treasure hunters, most have about 15 treasure hunters, rest whatever, yet i still make 3+ months of wow time, each week

so depending on how far legion is (augest/september) i would recommend if you want to start ,start now, as you will easily be able to make back your investment in time, mabye not millions, but 900 thousend mabye more

Also one of the uses of gold is of corse mounts, pets, toys, etc, or a archimonde mythic carry for the mount if your having trouble getting to him

or save gold up for legion and use it to buy stuff to get a head start into raiding like BOE"s and crafted items

Gold is great, it pays your sub. I'd say 15-20 minutes is all you need (if you have toons over 94ish) to have a thriving garrison. Get some there, get those garrisons going, and you'll at the least have enough to get gold tokens and add a bit on top of that stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I wouldn't bothr with it. Inflation happened because, for a time, garrison missions brought absolutely ridiculous amounts of gold. Nowadays, the garrison was nerfed (twice, I think) and markets are in a lull, because of end of xpack silent period, so it's not like you're going to suddenly amass a fortune (that's not to say there are no ways to make good cash, epic gems and crafts/upgrades for example are still worth it imo). It's just going to take you much more effort. Not worth it imo, 200k is well enough for Legion unless you're suddenly planning to buy BoEs on progession (which is a waste anyway).
    The lull isn't as big as you'd think. I'm still having some pretty good weeks
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

sitting on 615k. (500k garrison gold baby)

i try to win the cache from the BMAH, but i refuse to pay over 100k so i havent won yet.

Yea, someone said it, unless you want vanity items or have a ton of catch up to do with flying or to a lesser extent professions, you dont really need gold.

and paying your sub, ive only accidently paid a monthly sub once since the tokens came out
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It doesn't take months to do it. Legion isn't gonna come out in june or july.
    As I understood it could easily take 2 months to see profit, and legion july is a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    As I understood it could easily take 2 months to see profit, and legion july is a possibility.
    Keep on dreaming, the beta hasn't even started.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I started WoD with about 35k in gold and now have over 3 million.. with nothing to spend it on. I haven't even tried that hard to make gold either. Gold needs a huge devaluation to make it useful again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Keep on dreaming, the beta hasn't even started.
    Ah yes, those 2 zone betas from previous expansions

I'm in the alpha, we're much further along than we are even for weeks/months in previous betas.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    gold is what you want going into Legion. Legion will be a gold sink (at least @ the start).

Deleted
    Over WoD I've gold caped 4 characters, do I have any reason to spend it? No there's not really anything to spend it on. I'd be equally well of with 100k, so I think you'll be absolutely fine. And the only reason I have that much is because I haven't had anything else to do for a long time so all I do is log on and make some gold then log off.

Now I'd imagine that you can have some benefit from having a lot of gold at launch to quickly get going. But then again I think the prices will reflect the economy and the fact is that the majority don't have millions of gold.

The point is, I personally think you'll be more than fine and setting up the garrison now wouldn't generate enough but I'm not preventing you from trying.

Deleted
    I started WoD with 15k. I think the only investment I needed to make was a Candle for HM mythic progress. Other than that, I always stumbled between 10k and 50k during mythic progression for the entire xpac. There never was anything necessary I couldn't afford. It just happened after 13/13M some month ago that there was nothing to do anymore and I ended up becoming millionaire out of boredom, not necessity.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm in the alpha, we're much further along than we are even for weeks/months in previous betas.
    Hm. I remain skeptical.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Hm. I remain skeptical.
    For hte record I don't believe the expansion will launch in july, just saying it's not completely off the table.

Last thing they wanna do is rush out the expansion and possibly cut chunks of content. They made that mistake with Draenor and I hope Blizzard realizes that if this expansion flops too, it's the death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball2k View Post
    Considering playing again in Legion now work has calmed down but it seems everyone who played WoD is now swimming in millions of Gold. Is it worth spending some free evening time to invest in Garrisons and earn Gold before Legion? Everything seems to cost more on the AH and I feel like I've feel out of touch with the economy.
    that perception is almost certainly wrong. That said gold isn't necessary and consumables are rather cheap. How long it takes to setup garrisons also depends on how much you are willing to farm for it. Personally I'd probably not bother with it anymore if I'd be too lazy to farm followers and harrison for every garrison.

Certainly. I really don't get why people keep referring to the term alpha as if it would mean anything. We went through most of the encounters of the first tier in terms of raid testing. Next to all the zones are working. Specs are in the game.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-04-18 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Treasure hunter followers. Takes a LONG time to get it up and running. Should still be time before Legion pre-patch, but trust me, it is NOT something you absolutely have to do. I'm sitting at around 100k and have nothing I want to spend it on. I don't use BMAH, I don't buy BOEs or transmog or super expensive mounts and pets etc. I still feel a lot richer than I have in previous expansions, even considering inflation.
    Yeah I have seen suggestions it would take about 2 months to get one running efficiently like that, mostly due to the 1 week recruitment cooldown.
    In terms of epxeriencing content, I would argue it is mostly running costs that you REQUIRE.
    Repairs, consumables etc.
    And professions can cover those, in generating gold and crafting the consumables.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Think I'm just going to farm the old raids and level a few chars to 100 in preperation. Usually earns about 10k per char just from questing and treasure hunting. Think I'll aim for a cosy 250k before Legion and then chill.

Again...thank you all for the constructive feedback. It's appreciated.

So much for July release btw hoho

Deleted
    Do your Garrison, level some alts. It's not too late yet.
    I wouldn't do much more than chill your way to a gold cap while still paying your sub with tokens.

Depending on their profession reform gold is always a necessity of course. Garrisons just trivialised it in 2 key ways by offering items previously gated behind 1 of your 2 professions and by providing a stupidly large steady stream of gold through regular and naval missions (and that's even without setting up your garrison to flip Hexweave Bags).

I'm really bad at saving gold and always spend it on stupid shit, but I put my mind to farming at least 1mil by Legion, and I've already gained a steady 400k in the past weeks by doing my Garrisons conscientiously, rationally selling my inventory and banked items and by setting up a few shopping lists in TSM. Granted, I have 11 characters with a nearly fully equipped Garrison of treasure hunters (which helps...).
    If you have some spare time after that: kill Kazzak every week. Low investment and Felblight still sells well on most realms.
    Also be on the lookout for Holiday events. The Christmas event was a goldmine due to stocking up on the crashed market of Medallion of the Legion, Frozen Arms of the Hero, Elixir of the Rapid Mind, etc. I doubled my investment there and I simply let the market do the effort.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-04-18 at 06:52 PM.