Poll: What was your least favorite expansion?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Could have put either MoP, WoD or Cata, but I went with MoP because it introduced (or expanded upon) the most features to the game I do not like (Character boost, Challenge modes, LFR, Transmog, Reforging, easymode heroics, 4 raid difficulties, excessive rep dailies, heirlooms, $$$ store)

EDIT: clarification
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2016-04-17 at 11:36 AM.

MoP. The whole expansion was a huge mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP, Cata, WoD in ascending order, for me personally.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Cataclysm was a real disaster for the game imo.
    Yes. I don't think they've ever really recovered from that mistake.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    MoP. The whole expansion was a huge mistake.
    Says the person who has Legion listed as fan service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Cata had the worst mechanics. Was unsubbed most of cata.

MOP had an utterly atrocious story. Besides siege of org, I sincerely didn't care about a single thing that happened in panda land.

World of Garrisoncraft. Mechanics in terms of questing got a bit more interesting, and I do like the timeless isle approach to rares and random goodies. Story was ehh....they butchered it. Also I severely loathe Yrel.

So essentially, yeah, the last expansions since Wrath have been meh. I really loved Wrath, vanilla, and BC.

Legion looks okay though so far...
    Are you kidding me? Atrocious story?! MoP's story was original and unique!

-Sees you call it Panda land-

And now I see why.

- - - Updated - - -
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla. While it was good for the time being it was extremely unpolished compared to how it became especially after TBC. While all expantions had flaws Vanilla was the period with the biggest amount of them.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2016-04-17 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I voted Cataclysm but now I regret it, because while Cataclysm's endgame was bad... it did revamp all the earlier levels, which was very necessary.
    I wish they had never done the revamp. So many areas that I had many memories in are now gone. Especially the Barrens, Thousand Needles, Shimmering Flats and Tanaris are completely ruined for me now. I lost a lot of the attachment I had to WoW due to that.

They did a better job with the undead zones, but even those lost some of their soul due to now being full of stuff instead of feeling desperate and abandoned.

I did pick cata for it did remove the old cool world and the it made the new really bad talent system. It started good whit hard heroics and stuff and then the huge letdown after 2 weeks when they introduced the huge nerf making evryhting really easy.
    But i think wod and mop where horrible 2 couse of the bad storyline and 2 little content.

I'd have to say WoD since Cataclysm was quite good at the start, and progressively got worse as time went on, while WoD was mediocre the entire expansion. The only major grip with Cataclysm for the entire expansion was the feeling of a disjointed world that requires you to teleport from zone to zone. Additionally blizzard has accepted that so much focus on teleporting between zones wasn't cool and quite likely won't have an expansion split all over the world again. On the other hand, blizzard is still trying to salvage some of the unfun crap from WoD like the garrison table and followers. So there's that. Apexis Crystals were an absolute disaster. Gear took forever to acquire, and the 'daily quests' to get them are likely the most unfun daily quests blizzard has made. To the point where this feature was almost universally ignored. WoD gutted professions, and garrison work orders largely rewarded you for not playing the game. All in all, one of the major features of the expansion ended up being a cool idea that fell flat on its face. Honestly there are few redeeming qualities to consider WoD even an OK addition to the game.

Deleted
    MoP, I didnt like it thematically. I dont know about the gameplay but it was just too everything I dislike. Too cartoonish, too light, too childish, too furry, too Asian.

It's either Cataclysm or WoD for sure. I voted Cataclysm and I'll probably stick with that, since it did end my "permanently subscribed to the game and actively raiding"-streak I'd had since vanilla, and I have yet to bounce back from that, nor do I believe that I will, and that certainly must count as dragging that expansion down quite far because of it. MoP is saved from not being down there with those two by a strong performance in endgame PvP gameplay.

Wod probably with cata as a close runner up. Dragon soul was just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Says the person who has Legion listed as fan service.
    Well Legion is fanservice, what's your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wod without a doubt. Reason? Everything. I disliked mop but that was only due to the lame pandas and dailies. Wod is just another level of shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Are you kidding me? Atrocious story?! MoP's story was original and unique!

-Sees you call it Panda land-

And now I see why.

- - - Updated - - -
    I just didn't care about a single thing that happened in Pandaria.

Sha? Thunder King? Who cares?

Pandaria was a huge snooze fest for me. Greenfire quest and siege of orgrimmar were only redeeming moments, otherwise none of the enemies in pandaria struck me as a problem for anything but pandaria.

I want warcraft.

Not Chinacraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm.

I loved classic, in part just because it was novel. BC and Wrath were the peak of the game for me, and some of the most fun I've had in any video game ever.

Cataclysm added some great features to the game and I think the old-world revamp was much needed (although I do miss many things from the original world), but overall it was the weakest expansion for me. I didn't feel like I had enough to do in the end-game I often found myself logging on just to use /guild as a glorified chat channel. Even the raiding didn't hold up well to me. Tier 11 and Tier 12 were good, but Firelands desperately needed a sister raid. Dragonsoul was just a disappointment and Deathwing's fight was a letdown of a final-boss-of-the-expansion. Since I play primarily to raid, this is a pretty big strike against it.

I didn't care about lore, pandas and my monk never made it to the cap, but I felt that Mists had a good world, strong questing experience, and great raiding. I enjoyed it.

Warlords was a bit weaker on the non-raiding end-game, and the timetravel story/theme is fuckall stupid. However, I felt that the leveling up experience was one of the best yet, I liked all the raids, and I liked Tanaan. I even enjoyed Garrison missions (minus the Shipyard) and collecting followers. Although there were some things I disagree with and feel were bad design or missteps (professions, for example), overall I haven't disliked the expansion the way that most people seem to. Except the shipyard. That can die in a fire. Hate is justified.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Whichever has the most catchup mechanics is the worst for me. Nothing like being a casual and half the content being obsolete by design. So either MoP or WoD. Cata was actually OK until Dragon Soul shenanigans.
    So, you hated Wrath? It was loaded with catch-up mechanics. You could get tier by running heroic 5 mans.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you hated Wrath? It was loaded with catch-up mechanics. You could get tier by running heroic 5 mans.
    Which wasnt a problem really ... it was an attempt to keep 5 man relevant as well as not have players need to raid 2 other tiers to be able to raid at the current.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Voted WoD. The last 3 expansions have been crappy for me, though I didn't really give MoP a real try (Raiding). Vanilla/TBC were by far my favourites followed by WotLK.

- - - Updated - - -

What does that mean?
    If you want to know what I mean. They reinvented the wheel. World of Warcraft doesn't play or feel like the same game at all. You can argue that this happens every expansion and then I would argue back that this is an entire new level. No wonder people want Vanilla servers.

WoD by miles. Cata was pretty trash aswell, but nowhere near as bad and boring as WoD. Plus I liked Cata classes way more than now. So yeah, WoD is the winner.