Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is just typical liberal religious intolerance.
    Basically stems from the arrogance that they know better and should dictate how things should run.

I personally don't deny the power of science but it is this kind of arrogance that leads to a loss of creativity and advancement. Creativity not intelligence is humanity's power and we as a society should be encouraging creativity whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Which is used by the school during school hours.
    It's used by the school during school hours but they don't have the right to refuse the public access either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is used by the school during school hours.
    Not exclusively, nor does the school have the right to bar people from the park. Did you miss that part?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    No its not. The school does not own that property, it doesn't even have exclusive rights of use of that property even during school hours. The actions of the mothers does not violate the interests of the general public, in fact their actions are specifically protected rights. We are never going to agree because you are essentially a bigot. I think deep down you know your wrong here but thankfully we have laws in place to protect the public from your intolerance which would be quite clear when a judge releases an opinion against the school.
    It doesn't need to have exclusive rights, all the school has to show is the disruption and explicit religious message that is being spread during school hours. The judge will ask the same question: "Why don't the Jesus Mothers just have a JESUS DINNER, after school hours?"
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Right..... "Hey little Timmy, you don't have to go outside with your other 200 classmates while they get to eat some food and be with their parents and listen to some creepy pastor talking about how some magical lich man wants to be inside them, instead you can sit here in your classroom alone to eat your lunch."

- - - Updated - - -

It is bullying and creating a situation for children to be segregated based upon their preference of what sky god fable their parents believe in. You think children will just say, "nah, I don't want to go out there with all of my 200 classmates, I'd rather just stay here alone."
    These gatherings are in a public park, not on school grounds.

This school I am sure is equipped with a cafeteria where the majority of kids eat. I am sure this school has outside seating and other activities the children can do while on their lunch break.

There is no bullying going on, nor are there any notions of "segregation" happening. Are you just copy/pasting SJW buzzwords from some "grievance industry" playbook?

You obviously have a hateful and bitter outlook on religion and those who freely practice it. Maybe spend your time trying to understand why are you so aggressively hateful towards people exercising their freedom of religion.

You might wind up a better person for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's used by the school during school hours but they don't have the right to refuse the public access either.
    public access does not equal having 200 students plus non-staffed persons on school use property to have lunch and hear a specific religious message during school hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Not exclusively, nor does the school have the right to bar people from the park. Did you miss that part?
    They do have a compelling interest when 200 of their students have been coerced to go to said park, which is part of the school grounds during school hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Not in Middleton, Wisconsin. Or honestly, anywhere in Wisconsin. Not a whole lot of rednecks around here. There's plenty of backwoods rural types, but they aren't the cliche that is often seen down south.
    As someone who grew up in rural central Wisconsin, I disagree with this statement.

Atheists should offer a second lunch, let the customers decide which to choose.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

public access does not equal having 200 students plus non-staffed persons on school use property to have lunch and hear a specific religious message during school hours.

- - - Updated - - -

They do have a compelling interest when 200 of their students have been coerced to go to said park, which is part of the school grounds during school hours.
    It is not exclusive use though.

Not sure why you are not understanding this simple point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    These gatherings are in a public park, not on school grounds.

This school I am sure is equipped with a cafeteria where the majority of kids eat. I am sure this school has outside seating and other activities the children can do while on their lunch break.

There is no bullying going on, nor are there any notions of "segregation" happening. Are you just copy/pasting SJW buzzwords from some "grievance industry" playbook?

You obviously have a hateful and bitter outlook on religion and those who freely practice it. Maybe spend your time trying to understand why are you so aggressively hateful towards people exercising their freedom of religion.

You might wind up a better person for it.
    The public park is used by the school during school hours, ergo school staff and administrators have a compelling interest to monitor and advise especially when 200+ students are coerced into going there for lunch.

A judge would side with administrators on those facts alone. The Jesus Mothers don't have a reasonable explanation as to why they are bringing over a large portion of the student body for lunch to state a specific religious message. The judge would ask why hasn't there been a Jesus Dinner?

"Jesus lunch"? Do they eat someone named Jesus or is this some middle eastern fairytale stuff?
    Eating other people seems really disgusting and fairytales have no place in or around schools so whatever the reason, I'm glad they are puting a stop to it.

Deleted
    Next time they're about to host this thing, a group of Muslims should go to that park, and host their own "lunchin", with Middle Eastern music, prayer rugs and Muslim prayers, and everything else having to do with Islam. Then just go to the school and tell the kids there's free food in the park, with a side of some religious indoctrination, except instead of Christianity, it's Islam.

I mean, equality, right?

There wouldn't be any kind of an outcry if this was about Islam, would there? Of course there wouldn't be. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    We should be arguing about the park should be inclusive to more religions
    Agreed, kinda what I just said.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-04-18 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    <snip>

Atheists should offer a second lunch, let the customers decide which to choose.
    Pffft! Now just mooch off the Jesus lunch but preach your doctrine. Its a public park so they cannot monopolize the park. That way kids get a Jesus lunch and some knowledge of atheism.

Edit: Daelak. You are fighting the good fight about religion, but let it go. We should be arguing about the park should be inclusive to more religions or better yet atheism.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2016-04-18 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Why are students allowed off campus during school hours? One of the reasons you keep them on campus is to ensure their protection. And in this case protection from cults.

"Come little children. We have Jesus and cookies. "
    Lots of schools have open campus lunches.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need to have exclusive rights, all the school has to show is the disruption and explicit religious message that is being spread during school hours. The judge will ask the same question: "Why don't the Jesus Mothers just have a JESUS DINNER, after school hours?"
    So what's an appropriate radius that "religious messages" should be outlawed near schools? Will you enforce that on Muslims as well? No prayer time?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Seems like a reach to me.

I think it's rather shitty what the parents are doing, but it's a public space outside of school, so whatever.

It's not like they're trying to donate Bibles to the school library or anything.
    Why?

10chairs

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

First you claim the park as having public access (which it does), then you incorrectly try and assert private ownership of the park during school hours (which it doesn't).
    In other words, you are ignoring basic facts to support your idiotic bigoted conclusions because the facts don't support your hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    It is not exclusive use though.

Not sure why you are not understanding this simple point.
    It becomes exclusive use when 200+ students, who are under there supervision, are coerced to go there for lunch.

What did you read? I read nothing that implied coercion.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So what's an appropriate radius that "religious messages" should be outlawed near schools? Will you enforce that on Muslims as well? No prayer time?
    You cant reason people like that.

I can hear the church bells ringing at noon from the field outside my school! SAFESPACEOUTRAGE!!!! omg they are trying to indoctrinate me, help~!