Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Change the "and" in your title to "of" and you'll see your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Fuck it... I'm out... Reread the last 3 pages for your answer.
    I know the answer. Blizzard wants the Alliance to be defined by the past. And that is my problem with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Change the "and" in your title to "of" and you'll see your answer.
    So what relation does Alliance of Lordaeron have to the horde controlled Lordaeron? Or is that title just to show the Alliance can't let go of the past?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    So what relation does Alliance of Lordaeron have to the horde controlled Lordaeron? Or is that title just to show the Alliance can't let go of the past?
    Yup, pretty much. Lordaeron is the Historical capital of the Alliance and even though it's not part of the Alliance anymore, it's still representative of it.

my opinion on this is that loderan is where the allaince started, and it fell, so people dawn this sigil as a "remember" thing, like how the blood elves still say "remember the sunwell" as to remember to event and how it fell back then

10+ Year Old Account
    So it is blizzards intent that the Alliance should fight for Lordaeron. Thanks for the Metzen quote.
    The Alliance of Lordaeron wasn't named for the Kingdom of Lordaeron, it's named for the continent of Lordaeron in which all but Stormwind resided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Alliance of Lordaeron wasn't named for the Kingdom of Lordaeron, it's named for the continent of Lordaeron in which all but Stormwind resided.
    Can you provide a source that comfirms that? Not that it makes any difference, since the L symbol the Alliance uses represents the kingdom of Lordaeron, not the continent.
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

It's time those puny humans get Lordaeron back and let the Forsaken shatter throughout the continents. If Genn manages to kill Sylvanas with a nasty Worgen trick, maybe Sylvanas will be unable to resurrect fallen humans any longer and that'll be the chance for them (not sure how that Val'kyr thing works). The Forsaken are currently the strongest force of the Horde (military wise with strong leadership) so the victory will still be hard fought, if it comes to a victory.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Lordaeron was the Heart and the Leader of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, so therewith the crest of Lordaeron was also the symbol of the Alliance. Because of that and because the Alliance is ideological still deep connected with the Legacy of Lordaeron, they still use the L of Lordaeron as a Symbol. The Alliance will never try to reclaim Lordaeron, Blizzard fears that the Forsaken Fans will cry and try to kill themselves if someone is mean to them.
    Indeed, Lordaeron is a symbol and should be treated as such, because Lordaeron exists only as a symbol nowdays. Even if the Alliance would "reclaim" Lordaeron all they would get is a bunch of tainted lands with empty buildings.

You don't spend resources and troops over hollow ideology, you do so over resources and material gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    *Sigh* You just want to be argumentative.
    What a surprise, considered the poster in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Indeed, Lordaeron is a symbol and should be treated as such, because Lordaeron exists only as a symbol nowdays. Even if the Alliance would "reclaim" Lordaeron all they would get is a bunch of tainted lands with empty buildings.

You don't spend resources and troops over hollow ideology, you do so over resources and material gains.
    Like I said many times before, I would be happy with plots in which the Alliance at least fights the Forsaken and tries to reclaim Lordaeron. Having at least a glorious fight would be satisfying enough for me, as Rp-Player.

Emotion is more likely to rule then ration. So if Genn manages to convince the Wrynn family that taking Lordaeron back is the best thing the Alliance can do, who knows.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

10+ Year Old Account

Are you still salty? lol!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    They are, in name only, like a continuation. It doesn't mean they have to fight for it.
    I mean, i bet the Alliance at some point will make again stupid attempts to retake it, only to fail once more.
    This. It's like how the Roman Empire kept calling themselves that until Constantinople fell in, like, 1400 AD even though they hadn't controlled Rome for many many centuries.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Emotion is more likely to rule then ration. So if Genn manages to convince the Wrynn family that taking Lordaeron back is the best thing the Alliance can do, who knows.
    Thousands of Alliance would die, beyond that, no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Like I said many times before, I would be happy with plots in which the Alliance at least fights the Forsaken and tries to reclaim Lordaeron. Having at least a glorious fight would be satisfying enough for me, as Rp-Player.
    That's the problem, the Human/Forsaken fight makes more sense in Gilneas or even Arathi, very little in Lordaeron.

Are you still salty? lol!
    What can I say, I like to confirm people's legitimate conclusions.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem, the Human/Forsaken fight makes more sense in Gilneas or even Arathi, very little in Lordaeron.

What can I say, I like to confirm people's legitimate conclusions.
    That guy was saying calia cares for Lordaeron despite the fact the everything shows that she doesn't care. Are you saying you agree with Rizendragon?

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy was saying calia cares for Lordaeron despite the fact the everything shows that she doesn't care. Are you saying you agree with Rizendragon?
    She never said she doesn't care. She stated a bloody fact: Lordaeron is no more.

ib4 pages of arguing for arguing's sake

Well the Alliance is technically the "Alliance of Lordaeron" or the Grand Alliance. Even if Lordaeron no longer exists.

Its added some new members and changed leadership, but for all purposes its the same entity. The Alliance never actually disbanded after the events of the Frozen Throne.

Reign of Chaos :
    Kingdom of Lordaeron - Leader King Terenas II
    - Kingdom of Dalaran
    - High Elves of Quel'Thalas
    - Dwarves of Ironforge

Frozen Throne :
    Survivors of Lordaron (Eastern Kingdoms) - Leader - Garithos
    Survivors of Lordaeron (Kalimdor) - Leader - Jaina Proudmoore (briefly Daelin Proudmoore)
    - Blood Elves
    - Dwarves of Ironforge

Post TFT -> Vanilla WoW :
    Garithos and the survivors left in Lordaeron either die or leave the Alliance
    Theramoore joins Stromwind, they become new leader
    Night Elves join the Alliance
    Gnome refugees join the Alliance

So yeah. The symbol still makes sense. The Lordaeron crest is the symbol of the Grand Alliance. The Alliance in WoW is still the Grand Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Trust me, Genn doesn't give a fuck about Lordaeron. I mean he didn't give one when he should, when Lordaeron was crying for help while it was getting butchered by the Scourge, near his very doorstep.
    Imagine now, how much he would care for a tainted, cursed land. Genn cares only for Gilneas above all else, and maybe a bit for the Alliance .

10+ Year Old Account
    She never said she doesn't care. She stated a bloody fact: Lordaeron is no more.

ib4 pages of arguing for arguing's sake
    The Alliance don't believe that, otherwise they wouldn't call themselves the Alliance of Lordaeron and they wouldn't have made attempts to reclaim it.

If calia cared, she wouldn't have abandoned her last name. She doesn't care about her old kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance don't believe that, otherwise they wouldn't call themselves the Alliance of Lordaeron and they wouldn't have made attempts to reclaim it.

If calia cared, she wouldn't have abandoned her last name. She doesn't care about her old kingdom.
    ......When exactly did Calia abandoned her last name? What the fuck?