Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    LMAO, when Blizzard said Summer release I didn't think they meant the second to last day of Summer XD
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-04-18 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No,you are wrong. Summer is defined as June 1st to Aug 31st by every authority in the N hemisphere. What you are talking about is the summer solstice which the old timey calendars may be based on but ours is not. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Pretty sure this year, last year and all the ones before...... Everyone in north america and elsewhere around the world refered to summer with its solstice from june 21st to september 20th. Go away please.

Woohoo yay, another expansion with 1 patch and no content for 1+ years. Oh wait, they'll do 2 patches, integration with facebook. Yea i'll pass this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    LMAO, when Blizzard said Summer release I didn't think they meant the second to last day of Summer XD
    Summer end 22nd of September in north america.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Pretty sure this year, last year and all the ones before...... Everyone in north america and elsewhere around the world refered to summer with its solstice from june 21st to september 20th. Go away please.
    Nope, Americans are just odd with dates and stuff. Summer begins with June 1st and ends with the conclusion of August 31st, hence the lols that Blizzards "Summer release" is coming out on the second to last day of Summer haha.

Well damnit, no expansion for me then. University stuff start again around that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by genoism View Post
    Woohoo yay, another expansion with 1 patch and no content for 1+ years. Oh wait, they'll do 2 patches, integration with facebook. Yea i'll pass this time around.
    The first day of summer in Iceland is 21 of April, 21 of June is already way into the summer by then.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

its already 2nd part of april game is in alpha and they plan to release it by the end of august - time to start beting what they will cut from release and put into 7.1 to make it in time

Quote Originally Posted by Avayl View Post
    There will never be short patches or year long expacs no matter how many times they say it, the game just isn't build for that. Also let them work on the game as long as they want so everyone isn't angry and feel the game was rushed.
    No short patches? Like, Mists of Pandaria? 6 months between tiers, with a patch filled with content in between?

Why is it impossible now?

I won't lie. I'm savoring being right *again* while many mocked me about this happening. I will bathe in this and savor every bit of it. Now that I'm right about the release being that long, what I *don't* know is when the pre-patch will happen...

I'd *like* to think we'd get an early pre-patch so they can smooth things out before the actual release but I don't think they'd happen.

Nope, Americans are just odd with dates and stuff. Summer begins with June 1st and ends with the conclusion of August 31st, hence the lols that Blizzards "Summer release" is coming out on the second to last day of Summer haha.
    Just for you in UK and Australia. But in northern america (not usa the whole damn continent) it ends september 21-22. You are wrong because you should look at summers end date in the developers country of origin which is the USA, which is in north america and we go by the solstice here.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't it be your country that is odd with date? No one is odd, just different take on something

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Just for you in UK and Australia.
    Nope, America is just odd with dates and stuff, most countries Summer is over by September (hell in some it's over by August).

You talk about Northern Meteorological Seasons. Summer - from June 1 to August 31.

Meteorologists divide the year into 4 meteorological seasons of 3 months each.

We talk about Astronomical Seasons. Summer - June Solstice to September Equinox.

September Equionox is when we have this constellation:

September Equinox is September 22nd, meaning one day earlier it's still summer.

Blizzard used September 21st as the last date for Legion release since it was the last day of the astronomical summer season.

I hope I helped you to get your facts straight.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    So much for "releasing expansions faster", with a 14 MONTH DELAY since HFC.

Almost as bad as ICC before Cataclysm, and that was probably one of the longest waiting times.

I believe SOO was the longest...assuming you count Ruby Sanctum as the last Wrath patch.

Deleted
    "Beta in December"

"We're far more progressed in development"

9 months of testing later.... 14 months of HFC after the worst and most expansive expansion to date with the least amount of content, we're looking at another 4 1/2 month of nothing. Why? Because they want to make their Q2 numbers look better.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    14 months of HFC after the worst and most expansive expansion to date with the least amount of content, we're looking at another 4 1/2 month of nothing.
    The thing that worries me is, we know that garrisons cost us a raid tier, they even laughed about it. And garrison/follower stuff appears even bigger in Legion so it's not going to have more content unless the budget is much higher than WoD's

the follower/order hall stuff in legion is very tiny compared to WoD garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Game prices are going up all over NA, its 119.99 for me to get the deluxe.
    And I was wrong. It's the same price as WoD, so not "another" price hike, the same one as before.

Hopefully Legion will feel more worth the money. WoD seemed way too small to cost $10 more to me.

The thing that worries me is, we know that garrisons cost us a raid tier, they even laughed about it. And garrison/follower stuff appears even bigger in Legion so it's not going to have more content unless the budget is much higher than WoD's
    Garrisons cost us a raid tier because they had to develop the tech from the ground up. Since they're just using the same tech, it was much faster this time around.

If you really want to find something that would cost us raid tiers, look at all of the work theyve put into artifacts.

That pretty much means we had exactly 2 raid tiers released in 3 years..

Siege or Orgrimmar: 9/10/13
    Emerald Nightmare: 9/6/16

3 years.. including 2.5 years of content drought.

So faster expansions mean less content.... or more time in content drought era.