Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I'll sit here and hold my breath while the healthcare industry lowers their rates because of an influx of money.

Truth is, cost reduction will never happen unless it is legislated.

Edit: I'm all for everyone being covered, I just don't feel the ACA was the right solution.
    They probably won't without legislation (hence why I said should, not will). This was included in the original ACA, but was nixxed by the Repubs endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I'll sit here and hold my breath while the healthcare industry lowers their rates because of an influx of money.

Truth is, cost reduction will never happen unless it is legislated.

Edit: I'm all for everyone being covered, I just don't feel the ACA was the right solution.
    Anyone remember Hillarycare? Anyways, there was no way the ACA was going to fly unless it the insurers got it their way.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    My issues with insurance are administrative and billing, which was shitty prior to ACA. Anyone who thinks private is necessarily better didn't just deal with Aetna over charging me for out of network when I used an in network facility because they read an out of network Drs name. Why the f would you have a dr who works at a facility you approve of not be in network also?

Private insurance is every bit as incompetent as the govt folks.
    Insurance is way better now due to insurance agencies not being able to deny an individual due to preexisting conditions. I have no issues with my health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Or are you just going to claim bankruptcy if you get into an accident or are diagnosed with a serious illness?
    One of the benefits of having no relationship, kids, close family of friends. If Im not here in the morning the only people concerned would be my 9-10am job, my 1-3pm job, and my 4-6pm job.

Seeing those who are in a serious illness makes me not want to suffer through that anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    My issues with insurance are administrative and billing, which was shitty prior to ACA. Anyone who thinks private is necessarily better didn't just deal with Aetna over charging me for out of network when I used an in network facility because they read an out of network Drs name. Why the f would you have a dr who works at a facility you approve of not be in network also?

Private insurance is every bit as incompetent as the govt folks.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this. I've had a lot of troubles with my insurance companies. Mostly got it all resolved, but yeah, anyone who thinks private is automatically better has a screw loose in the head.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    One of the benefits of having no relationship, kids, close family of friends. If Im not here in the morning the only people concerned would be my 9-10am job, my 1-3pm job, and my 4-6pm job.

Seeing those who are in a serious illness makes me not want to suffer through that anyway.
    you work 3 shifts all of which are less than 3 hours? why would a company even bother with having an employee over for only an hour? something seems a bit fishy here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insurance is way better now due to insurance agencies not being able to deny an individual due to preexisting conditions. I have no issues with my health insurance.
    My family has had a shit ton to f billing and admin issues with all sorts of health insurance. Better does not mean good, and my poor by is that people that think probably care must be better than gov aren't necessarily right.

The amount of misbillings is too damn high!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this. I've had a lot of troubles with my insurance companies. Mostly got it all resolved, but yeah, anyone who thinks private is automatically better has a screw loose in the head.
    Do you think free market fundamentalists think private is better just because it is private?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post

Oh so you're just going to have the rest of us indirectly pay your health care costs for you via your irresponsibility when hospitals have to raise their costs for procedures due to having to write off your costs/sue you in court, is that it?

Act like a child if you want to, but know that's what you are. A child that is leeching off of the rest of us, who pay our bills and have health insurance coverage.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I didn't get any fines, instead I got health insurance.

My family has had a shit ton to f billing and admin issues with all sorts of health insurance. Better does not mean good, and my poor by is that people that think probably care must be better than gov aren't necessarily right.

The amount of misbillings is too damn high!
    I really like Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I've not ever heard good things about Aetna.

Oh so you're just going to have the rest of us indirectly pay your health care costs for you via your irresponsibility when hospitals have to raise their costs for procedures due to having to write off your costs/sue you in court, is that it?

Act like a child if you want to, but know that's what you are. A child that is leeching off of the rest of us, who pay our bills and have health insurance coverage.
    You talking about free riders/welfare leechers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I've not ever heard good things about Aetna.
    what is aetna?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Do you think free market fundamentalists think private is better just because it is private?
    The reasons, such as streamlining and being more efficient, aren't actually necessarily true. Get big enough, and you can be stupidly inefficient and still succeed by sheer mass

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you work 3 shifts all of which are less than 3 hours? why would a company even bother with having an employee over for only an hour? something seems a bit fishy here.
    Self employed, those are my set appointments for tomorrow, arrival timeframes listed.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot do, yes. They never can seem to explain why private is "fundamentally" more efficient than public, they just "know" it is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    you calling me a leech for using state sponsored healthcare?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a choice sadly. I go though my school, and they use Aetna. It's cheaper that way

I'm talking about people like the OP who can't afford to not have insurance but refuses to get it anyway.

Say what you like about "free riders/welfare leechers", statistical data on welfare recipients show that most people on government assistance are old people and children, and estimates of welfare fraud are below 3 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you calling me a leech for using state sponsored healthcare?
    I was talking about celista's implied uncompensated care and going on to describe the people who do such actions. So, no, I'm not calling you anything but a Draenei hater.