Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well, when blizzard flat out proves with their release date you don't know what your talking about, and you stating here you know better than blizzard. Yeah the name calling is completely valid.
    Did you really expect anyone on these forums to admit that they were dead wrong?

Any earlier would have overlapped with Overwatch.

So I can see where this is going.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

My feelz are too emotional right now to logically response so I'm just going to lash out with my feelz.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question to those that are ok with this date.

Why are you ok with the release date? Does it not bother you that Blizz, time and time again, has been extending the content droughts with little to show for it later? ICC, DS, SoO, and now HFC. It's almost as if they do it intentionally.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

umm because wow is not the only thing most people play?like recently the release of Darksoul 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post

Why are you ok with the release date? Does it not bother you that Blizz, time and time again, has been extending the content droughts with little to show for it later? ICC, DS, SoO, and now HFC. It's almost as if they do it intentionally.
    What the fuck else would you like for them to do? Release a half-assed product that's broken on launch, miserable to play, buggy and generally viewed in a poor light? I'm not defending Blizzard but I'd rather get a complete product after a content drought than some rushed bullshit because a couple outraged "long standing customers" couldn't cope with another 2 months of farming the same shitty instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We won't have year long patches again" - Wotlk

"We Won't have year long patches again" - Cata

"We won't have year long patches again" - MoP

"We won't have year long patches again" - WoD

"Fuck you" - Blizzard
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

What's the point in being bothered? What did getting bothered in ICC, DS, SoO get you? Nothing. What is getting bothered by HFC getting you? Nothing. If your not enjoying yourself, don't pay blizzard your money. If you are, then what's the problem? I'm not paying blizzard my money, so I have nothing to be bothered about. They are the only one losing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What the fuck else would you like for them to do? Release a half-assed product that's broken on launch, miserable to play, buggy and generally viewed in a poor light? I'm not defending Blizzard but I'd rather get a complete product after a content drought than some rushed bullshit because a couple outraged "long standing customers" couldn't cope with another 2 months of farming the same shitty instance.
    I would like them to get their fucking shit together, how about that? I mean, I get it, you think a company can do no wrong, no company can ever do wrong, they are all knowing all powerful beings.

I call bullshit, they spread their damn developer team over 4 games, and haven't hired enough to actually make up for it. Every time, Every damned time they say, "Oh we won't have a year long patch again" It's bullshit from a fortune 100 company.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

"But this way they can take their time and make a much better game!"

Oh you sweet, innocent children. How I wish I was this naive again.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I would like them to get their fucking shit together, how about that? I mean, I get it, you think a company can do no wrong, no company can ever do wrong, they are all knowing all powerful beings.

I call bullshit, they spread their damn developer team over 4 games, and haven't hired enough to actually make up for it. Every time, Every damned time they say, "Oh we won't have a year long patch again" It's bullshit from a fortune 100 company.
    Where the fuck did I say that? I said I'd rather get a complete product than rushed garbage, that does not mean I think Blizzard can do no wrong. But really, Blizzard has said every fucking expansion they would get content released faster and every fucking expansion they've failed to deliver. I think you're just a bit upset you actually fucking believed them this time. They don't have to "get their shit together" because there's no overarching reason for them to do so; MMOs are no longer the cash cow of the gaming industry, MOBAs and FPS games with eSports franchises are the future of gaming and WoW is just a weird, lethargic relic of gaming's past.

Right now, however, Blizzard is perfectly content with the status quo because even if they didn't release Legion until 2017, they can always count on a resurgence of subscribers for the beginning of the expac. Do I think this business model is sustainable for more than another expansion or two? Probably not. But this is the sword Blizzard decided to thrust themselves upon, I don't see how getting pissy about a release date is going to do anything but pressure them to release Legion before it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post

It isn't the be all and end all quite simply. I play other games if i'm feeling burnt out or not enjoying WoW. No one is bound to Blizzard or their games, or any company. You do have a choice in the matter. I appreciate that people get frustrated by a lack of content, but no one is forcing you to do HFC for 14 months. I hate to be the guy that says 'It's just a game' but it is and games are there for your entertainment. If you aren't entertained, simply walk away and do something else with your free time. I mean no disrespect either, It's just how I feel personally
    I remember you... In the mountains

10+ Year Old Account
    - 14 months of HFC sucks, if you're still raiding.
    - Once again Blizzard fails to back up long spoken promises of shorter end tiers.
    - This is probably the worst possible time for most college/highschool kids. This will be at the very beginning of the semester for most. July would've been great.

My last point is the biggest one. Expansion timing is huge, and this timing is awful.

Deleted
    I just want to know if there is a content drought why dont you just unsub ? I've been doing it since icc i leave after the last raids been complete my guild gets its 4 piece then we go on a 6 month break and return acouple month before the new expansion. Some guild member stay subbed but if there isnt anything to do why pay ? if more people done this they might actually start making content and by the looks of it wod sub drop legion did get alot more effort put into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Where the fuck did I say that? I said I'd rather get a complete product than rushed garbage, that does not mean I think Blizzard can do no wrong. But really, Blizzard has said every fucking expansion they would get content released faster and every fucking expansion they've failed to deliver. I think you're just a bit upset you actually fucking believed them this time. They don't have to "get their shit together" because there's no overarching reason for them to do so; MMOs are no longer the cash cow of the gaming industry, MOBAs and FPS games with eSports franchises are the future of gaming and WoW is just a weird, lethargic relic of gaming's past.

Right now, however, Blizzard is perfectly content with the status quo because even if they didn't release Legion until 2017, they can always count on a resurgence of subscribers for the beginning of the expac. Do I think this business model is sustainable for more than another expansion or two? Probably not. But this is the sword Blizzard decided to thrust themselves upon, I don't see how getting pissy about a release date is going to do anything but pressure them to release Legion before it's ready.
    Yeah so Blizzard has become the EA of PC gaming, the line "I would rather them take their time" is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    - Once again Blizzard fails to back up long spoken promises of shorter end tiers.
    - This is probably the worst possible time for most college/highschool kids. This will be at the very beginning of the semester for most. July would've been great.

My last point is the biggest one. Expansion timing is huge, and this timing is awful.
    Expansion timing has never been that great. Look at TBC, it launched in January. Most people were stuck back at work or in school, broke because X-mas has just passed. I was buried in coursework and working overtime to make up for the pre X-mas pay day. Cata was in Decemeber, another very busy time of year. MoP was mid September. Wrath and WoD were the only ones I was able to put a solid week or two into game time at launch.
    I remember you... In the mountains

This is going to be the worst possible release date they can choose, but given the dire circumstances they are in crunch mode now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post

Yep, pretty much it's shit, no one will buy, and good. I want them to hurt, when a company hurts, the consumer wins. I do hope they do -SOMETHING- to maybe release the huge roadblocks in mythic HFC that casual guilds just can't get past. So maybe we can pug in mythic, because who the fuck cares if they nerf it now? *cough* Gorefeind *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yep, pretty much it's shit, no one will buy, and good. I want them to hurt, when a company hurts, the consumer wins. I do hope they do -SOMETHING- to maybe release the huge roadblocks in mythic HFC that casual guilds just can't get past. So maybe we can pug in mythic, because who the fuck cares if they nerf it now? *cough* Gorefeind *cough*
    Wait what? They lost 1/2 their playerbase a year ago. They've certainly lost more since. They are hurting, and yet what have we won? Nothing.

I am not touching Legion with a ten foot pole given they haven't done a proper beta and the launch date reinforces to me that this is really just scramble mode for poor Q1 results, hence the announcement.