Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Think NA tokens are stable?

I remember when the tokens were starting to climb up and they ended up at 60k, then quickly crashed down to 20k. I've been waiting for that to happen but they've been hovering around 40-45k for a while now and I'm starting to feel like the price might be pretty stable. Granted it's stable with a 5k range, but still pretty stable.

Anyone else agree or think there's a crash coming soon?

Deleted
    With Legion release announced it won't remain stable for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I remember when the tokens were starting to climb up and they ended up at 60k, then quickly crashed down to 20k. I've been waiting for that to happen but they've been hovering around 40-45k for a while now and I'm starting to feel like the price might be pretty stable. Granted it's stable with a 5k range, but still pretty stable.

Anyone else agree or think there's a crash coming soon?
    Small crash likely due to official Legion date announcement.

Large crash imminent with movie release.

Huge crash imminent with actual Legion prerelease patch.

I'd give them maybe 3 months before they are back in the 25k range.

Tokens will never be truly stable. They fluctuate with in game events and occasionally with out of game events (hearthstone promotion, movie, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope it crashes soon. 40k a token is just nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I think they're price is highly manipulated right now in fear of losing too many subs.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Ikr? that's like 1-1/2 days of AH+garrison gold

10+ Year Old Account
    42k??

I bought one and put it up on the AH. Here comes da money

10+ Year Old Account
    Stable? No. Probably not going to be really stable until well after launch.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    42k??

I bought one and put it up on the AH. Here comes da money
    come EU we offer twice as much gold =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the tokens fully market driven, or does Blizzard "tweak" them as they wish?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's slowly creeping upwards, but I assume that as Legion rolls around, that will change. Granted, that change could go in either direction... >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    market driven blizzard doesn't touch them, if people think 80k is insane and controlled by blizzard, check the T3 pieces that are going for 960k every single day of the week, or bmah containers for 200k, toys for 200k, tabards for 400k, any rare mounts instant 960k. would such people think 30 days gametime isn't worth 80k of their gold?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Should have bought the 36 you can have like the rest of us when they were 17 to 20k.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    With the 12-hour(!) purchase guarantee, this far into the subscription desert, they've got to be like bonds. Either a player buys them or Blizzard makes good on the value and "buys" them back. (To your question, priced based on original purchase demand, rather than auction house, is my guess.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    It's slowly creeping upwards, but I assume that as Legion rolls around, that will change. Granted, that change could go in either direction... >.>
    I'm afraid there are a lot of people like me who are sitting on 1million+ gold but unsubbed because well all WoD was good for was making gold. Just waiting for Legion prepatch to hit and buy tokens to get back into the game. >.< I think it'll swing high then low during the first month of legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    With the 12-hour(!) purchase guarantee, this far into the subscription desert, they've got to be like bonds. Either a player buys them or Blizzard makes good on the value and "buys" them back. (To your question, priced based on original purchase demand, rather than auction house, is my guess.)
    That is what I am thinking also.
    The market is too volatile for the stability we are seeing in the price now.

Would be nice if someone had real evidence on how the prices were determined.

I doubt there will be a crash for a while. Not until pre-patch is announced. That's when I expect people to start returning, and Legion is still pretty far a way and no real need for gold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    lol so you think blizzard is "buying" these tokens for 40k gold because no players will?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinv View Post
    I think they're price is highly manipulated right now in fear of losing too many subs.
    How would manipulating prices affect subs?

I hope they come down but I don't see it happening, they've been steadily raising. I'm paid up for long enough that it will be quite some time before I need to worry, but I wish I had bought more of them back when they were 20k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    How would manipulating prices affect subs?
    Keeping the prices artificially low, allows for more people to purchase tokens with gold and play for "free".
    This boosts subscription numbers, but is overall lower profits.