Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you want to buy the CE, you have to buy the game twice

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20419283368

Come on... this is ridiculous. My friends who play this game will be buying their own copy on the release date. This is not the WotlK era where I could easily find someone who would pick my extra key up from me. I want the ability to get the included benefits of the digital deluxe edition with the CE.

My solution, allow anyone who activates their CE, and CE ONLY, within a week of the game's initial release will still receive the included benefits of the DDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post

Come on... this is ridiculous. My friends who play this game will be buying their own copy on the release date. This is not the WotlK era where I could easily find someone who would pick my extra key up from me. I want the ability to get the included benefits of the digital deluxe edition with the CE.

My solution, allow anyone who activates their CE, and CE ONLY, within a week of the game's initial release will still receive the included benefits of the DDE.
    you can, they will give you credit on the battle net account
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    you can, they will give you credit on the battle net account
    You can't without buying the game twice. It's stated in that post that the result of their transaction swap is having an extra key.

Deleted

You get them? You just have to wait.

Instant 100 Boost & DH is a DDE Perk.

Do you guys not read. The CE gets all the same benefits in a physical box, but you have to wait to get the physical box and enter the key. The digital deluxe download allows you to get it earlier. Time is the only difference that I can see.

Its not a refund you are literally buying the game then you buy the physical copy then they give you the digital key back which you then have to sell. So you have to buy the game 2 times.

I got the official forum unlocked please post there
    Last edited by Xaikar; 2016-04-18 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Time is the only difference that I can see.
    Which is exactly the point. Everybody that buys the cheaper digital edition gets to enjoy and level theri Demon Hunters a week prior, while everyone that buys the more expensive CE ha sto wait till they can enter the key to get going, which is ass backwards. The "best" edition of your game shouldn;t come with such stupid downsides, especially not when there is a perfectly good way to do it by having people buy the normal (not deluxe) digital edition and refund them X amount of game time when they upgrade to the CE.

What we want is an actual costumer friendly solution and not "Hey, you can just buy the game twice! Isn't that grand!" cause that's the lazy solution that makes your most loyal costumers take an unneccesary hit.

I did the whole key swap last time, cause I knew I could sell the key to my sister. Since she;s not sure she will buy it this time around due to having no time to play, I don;t have a realistic option for the second key, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay twice for this game without any way to sell the second key.

In all honesty I will likely just opt to buy the DDE, since I want and need access early both for DH and to start leveling on release, instead of at whatever damn time the postman decides to deliver my CE the next day. So I *want* to spend my money on Blizz products, but they make it so incovenient to do so that I have not other option but to not to.

10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to fucking January Doc.

You're right though, it's retarded, I've had to do this shit since WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to wait a day or two for the box to arrive anyway to avoid the initial rush through the starting areas. Although that may or may not be a big issue this time around.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying, but that's the reality of them selling a physical box through third party retailers.

The digital deluxe edition is a pre-purchase. You buy that from Blizzard and it's added to your account immediately. You paid for it. You own it. You get the digital goodies.

That's not how pre-orders work. If you pre-order through Amazon, you're basically just telling Amazon to reserve a physical item for you until it's ready to ship.

Granted, they could probably figure out some better upgrade path than asking you to buy two copies of the game and only giving you the extra key instead of a proper refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    You're right though, it's retarded, I've had to do this shit since WotLK.
    Mhh in the past they always offered a refund at least to me.

I unlocked the official forum again. Please post there!

Well, I've always said that I would play WoW again if it was free. If any of you don't want your extra key to go to waste, I'll gladly take it off your hands. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a crap decision. People do not want extra keys, they want a refunded difference, game time, blizzard credit, basically something useful to them for the money spent.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Why can't you just wait until you get the physical edition? Do you really need those cosmetic items right away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Why can't you just wait until you get the physical edition? Do you really need those cosmetic items right away?
    level 100 boost has value now
    early access to demon hunter has value in prepatch
    playing at 0:00 at launch date has value to some
    you get the cosmetics now

you miss out on all of those unless you can find someone who wants to buy the extra key off you a few days after launch, you pay twice, or you skip the CE.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Some ppl might want the perks everyone else is getting with the digital version ?

Yeah, it's pretty stupid, and it's also the only way you can gift the expansion to someone as well, which is also stupid but for another topic.

Being impatient will cost you more money, that is the point of the digital versions of any game. You want instant gratification so you pay for it but you don't get the same incentives as those who are patient and wait for their physical copy. Seems like a fair game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Being impatient will cost you more money, that is the point of the digital versions of any game. You want instant gratification so you pay for it but you don't get the same incentives as those who are patient and wait for their physical copy. Seems like a fair game in my opinion.
    Um no in this case been patient and waiting for the CE screws you, you pay more and dont get perks