Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    And here i come to this thread, expecting some cheesy alpha strategies to beat the timers really fast.

Instead I find someone complaning that he cannot abuse the dungeons to get gear that he is not supposed to have when he starts raiding.

Please do not use misleading titles at least when you complain on something -.-
    If a alpha trick would be shared, who cares? It should be fixed by the time you play it.

How is it abuse if I did content that should be as hard as the one I'm about to do? Where is the logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Didn't they literally say that was the entire purpose from day1? Are you just being bitchy for the sake of being bitchy?
    I'm being bitchy for the sake of long lasting content that offers rewards and not some gimmick that lasts till 2 months after release

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I'm being bitchy for the sake of long lasting content that offers rewards and not some gimmick that lasts till 2 months after release
    It IS long lasting content that offers rewards, people will be able to run these things throughout the entire expansion for better rewards and keeping up gearwise without having to commit to a raiding guild. Heck I'll even be running them for the sake of the experience, even if the gear should be on par with what I already have.

Not for you? Boo freaking hoo, that's the downside of not being alone in this world.

Deleted
    It IS long lasting content that offers rewards, people will be able to run these things throughout the entire expansion for better rewards and keeping up gearwise without having to commit to a raiding guild. Heck I'll even be running them for the sake of the experience, even if the gear should be on par with what I already have.

Not for you? Boo freaking hoo, that's the downside of not being alone in this world.
    It lasts as long as the raid tier, after the last raid tier at some point you have everything gear-wise. And then there it is, the months of content drought that Blizzard wanted to reduce.
    Which they could if the mythic+ dungeons would scale endlessly... but "You think you want it, but you don't" you love the content drought.

to those saying tier-sets and good trinkets should stay out of mythic+ dungeons: if these dungeons are supposed to be an equal alternative to raiding, (and as difficult as the hardest form of raiding if they scale them right), there HAS to be some kind of incentive to do them, and lets be honest, a good way to do that is to award gear with more than just plain stats.

Imagine clearing a dungeon that, due to the synergy of affexes(sorry if spelled wrong) and scaling is harder than a mythic raidboss.
    And all you get are "Amazing Wristguards of the Boar". That would, in my opinion, be a slap in the face for all those who want to do mythic+ dungeons as serious as raidguilds do mythic-raids right now.

And about the Loot going over the lv of raiddrops: simply drop more raid-quality loot if a group manages to go past the intended cap.
    So lets say once you clear Mythic+7 (just a example!!!!) you get the highest possible itemlevel on your drop. After that, you get a higher chance at loot or a chance for additional loot.

The above mentioned Remarks, Ideas and Notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

You have to understand that not everyone is capable/enjoys raiding. I've raided since Vanilla up until Highmaul where I was forced to go casual, I'm now in a position where I can't raid anymore, I moved to Australia last year (I'm from the UK) so the time difference simply doesn't allow it. Most raids start when it's roughly 4am for me, which isn't viable at all with work etc. However, just because I can't raid doesn't mean I don't want to stay relevant in terms of gear and character progression. There are a lot of people in my position, maybe not being the other side of the world but various real life restraints that simply don't allow them to dedicate the time they'd like. And don't try and brush it off with 'Hur Dur you have LFR' LFR is shit and doesn't give some of us the challenge or environment we want, especially when you've been raiding hardmodes and heroic+ for years. This is a perfect solution for players like myself where we can be in that challenging scenario and be rewarded accordingly. I think it's a great addition personally.
    I remember you... In the mountains

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    to those saying tier-sets and good trinkets should stay out of mythic+ dungeons: if these dungeons are supposed to be an equal alternative to raiding, (and as difficult as the hardest form of raiding if they scale them right), there HAS to be some kind of incentive to do them, and lets be honest, a good way to do that is to award gear with more than just plain stats.

Imagine clearing a dungeon that, due to the synergy of affexes(sorry if spelled wrong) and scaling is harder than a mythic raidboss.
    And all you get are "Amazing Wristguards of the Boar". That would, in my opinion, be a slap in the face for all those who want to do mythic+ dungeons as serious as raidguilds do mythic-raids right now.

And about the Loot going over the lv of raiddrops: simply drop more raid-quality loot if a group manages to go past the intended cap.
    So lets say once you clear Mythic+7 (just a example!!!!) you get the highest possible itemlevel on your drop. After that, you get a higher chance at loot or a chance for additional loot.

The above mentioned Remarks, Ideas and Notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.
    Possibility, but you still run out of content maybe even faster that way.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It lasts as long as the raid tier, after the last raid tier at some point you have everything gear-wise. And then there it is, the months of content drought that Blizzard wanted to reduce.
    Which they could if the mythic+ dungeons would scale endlessly... but "You think you want it, but you don't" you love the content drought.
    Scaling endlessly with improved rewards? Just how would they balance the next raid tier with people being potentially 300 itemlevels above it? You realize it's called a tier because it's got a logical limit to how strong you can get before the next?

No, youre being bitchy for the sake of some "what if" scenario youve constructed out of thin air. We have no idea how theyll evolve the system throughout the expansion and just becuase we dont yet know doesnt mean that they wont. So it doesnt make any sense to whine now until weve got at least a hint of where itll go.

Deleted
    Scaling endlessly with improved rewards? Just how would they balance the next raid tier with people being potentially 300 itemlevels above it? You realize it's called a tier because it's got a logical limit to how strong you can get before the next?
    I already said: Can be done with good tuning. In a raid you can only get up to iLevel X, so you can go up to mythic+Y(+/-5) which rewards up to iLevel X+Y, after mythic+Y+5 it gets to really though to complete even with full X+Y+5 gear. Maybe some groups get to X+Y+7... next Raid Tier comes out, you can get new gear from world quests/lfr that allow you to do higher mythic+ until you reach the new softcap. And that the end of the expansion it's a endless push... off course you will not go +400 ItemLevels, the scaling won't allow that but even if most cannot go past +50 itemlevels, some people will get to +55 and so on... soft caps are just a way of limiting the ItemLevel but you can go above it, if you are good enough.

Hardcap just says: No matter what, here is the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    No, youre being bitchy for the sake of some "what if" scenario youve constructed out of thin air. We have no idea how theyll evolve the system throughout the expansion and just becuase we dont yet know doesnt mean that they wont. So it doesnt make any sense to whine now until weve got at least a hint of where itll go.
    So giving ideas how they could do it, is bad? FFS I misunderstood feedback for years

about running out of things, that depends completely on how (and if) blizzard will change their way of implementing new stuff, and how the things they announced will come together.
    This we will only see once all the different things come together in beta or live, as right now only selected parts of the game are avaiable for testing, but not everything at the same time.

So giving ideas how they could do it, is bad? FFS I misunderstood feedback for years
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...egion/#post100

So Mythic+ and the ability to get raid iLevel Gear will be tied to the release of the raids. Meaning: If you already raid you don't need to do any mythic+ dungeons, you already have the same if not better gear.

Great Idea, isn't it?
    This as the OP in a thread called "Mythic+ already a joke" is not exactly proper feedback.

You haven't even tried to, you know, ask them what they actually intend to do. You're just moaning based on (farfetched) assumptions.

Rofl, holy crap the OP is stubborn. Seriously, it's an alternative path to get raid level gear, if you could get ilvl 1000 from there, while current raid gives ilvl 900, then all upcoming raids would be pointless before they're even released.

7+ Year Old Account
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...egion/#post100

So Mythic+ and the ability to get raid iLevel Gear will be tied to the release of the raids. Meaning: If you already raid you don't need to do any mythic+ dungeons, you already have the same if not better gear.

Great Idea, isn't it?
    Um yes, it's a great idea. Not everyone raids. This is an alternative to raiding for people who want to do small group content. It's an awesome idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    This as the OP in a thread called "Mythic+ already a joke" is not exactly proper feedback.

You haven't even tried to, you know, ask them what they actually intend to do. You're just moaning based on assumptions.
    Because a fansite is where the real feedback is given. Nethermind that there are offical ways to give feedback.

Mythic+ isnt being made for mythic raiders so they have something to do between raids or to farm up higher ilvl gear to make mythic raids easier. Its made for people that dont raid which is the vast majority of players. Sure, mythic raiders can do it but its not meant to be another gear path for only mythic raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Rofl, holy crap the OP is stubborn. Seriously, it's an alternative path to get raid level gear, if you could get ilvl 1000 from there, while current raid gives ilvl 900, then all upcoming raids would be pointless before they're even released.
    Again:
    Can be done with good tuning. In a raid you can only get up to iLevel X, so you can go up to mythic+Y(+/-5) which rewards up to iLevel X+Y, after mythic+Y+5 it gets to really though to complete even with full X+Y+5 gear. Maybe some groups get to X+Y+7... next Raid Tier comes out, you can get new gear from world quests/lfr that allow you to do higher mythic+ until you reach the new softcap. And that the end of the expansion it's a endless push... off course you will not go +400 ItemLevels, the scaling won't allow that but even if most cannot go past +50 itemlevels, some people will get to +55 and so on... soft caps are just a way of limiting the ItemLevel but you can go above it, if you are good enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a alpha trick would be shared, who cares? It should be fixed by the time you play it.

How is it abuse if I did content that should be as hard as the one I'm about to do? Where is the logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic gear is level 20 mythic dungeon, which is the soft cap untill next raid comes out. Gear is what gates mythic dungeon progression, blizzard has already done the numbers to ensure it will last at least 6-10 weeks in each tier for the best players.

Because a fansite is where the real feedback is given. Nethermind that there are offical ways to give feedback.
    So basically, in here, you're moaning just for the sake of moaning. Good to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Mythic gear is level 20 mythic dungeon, which is the soft cap untill next raid comes out. Gear is what gates mythic dungeon progression, blizzard has already done the numbers to ensure it will last at least 6-10 weeks in each tier for the best players.
    It would be a soft cap if level 21 is hard to do, but gives Items better than mythic raiding, otherwise it's a hard cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    So basically, in here, you're moaning just for the sake of moaning. Good to know.
    Yes, and arguing for the sake of annoying people like you.

Again:
    Can be done with good tuning. In a raid you can only get up to iLevel X, so you can go up to mythic+Y(+/-5) which rewards up to iLevel X+Y, after mythic+Y+5 it gets to really though to complete even with full X+Y+5 gear. Maybe some groups get to X+Y+7... next Raid Tier comes out, you can get new gear from world quests/lfr that allow you to do higher mythic+ until you reach the new softcap. And that the end of the expansion it's a endless push... off course you will not go +400 ItemLevels, the scaling won't allow that but even if most cannot go past +50 itemlevels, some people will get to +55 and so on... soft caps are just a way of limiting the ItemLevel but you can go above it, if you are good enough.
    No, it can't be done, using my scenario where the people doing mythic+ to get higher item level than in raids, would result in the upcoming raids being very easy because you're overgearing it already. If they'd tune it so it'd still be hard for that item level, then people would be punished for not wanting to do mythic+ or just didn't get that far.

ilvl gap between raids would increase even more than it already does as well, so we'd end up with 10million health and 5million dps by the end of legion.