Thread: Season 6

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Hm, i don't think so though the less damage from monsters definitely helps. Anyway yes, it won't be hard. 600-ish paragon will bring you over everything easily and doesn't take much.
    I guess it just depends idk. I was messing around on PTR with nothing but a level 25 powerful and got to GR 75 with wiz. Last PTR(before any nerfs) I did paragon 230ish invoker sader(though I had free set) and cleared 77 with lvl like 28 trapped and 30 thorns.

On live in S5 I did GR 77 as invoker in 2 tries at paragon 450 after ~20 hours into season. Now that that set is even more buff it will be like GR 82 that soon into season. Esp if you get a hack/provoke shield with the new setup.

Just depends how you play. I used no ancients and nothing op. Basically just crap non ancient items that you could get around that time if you had avg luck.

Sure others might have to be higher idk. Guess it depends how hard and perfect you play.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-04-18 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I guess it just depends idk. I was messing around on PTR with nothing but a level 25 powerful and got to GR 75 with wiz. Last PTR(before any nerfs) I did paragon 230ish invoker sader(though I had free set) and cleared 77 with lvl like 28 trapped and 30 thorns.

Just depends how you play. I used no ancients and nothing op. Basically just crap non ancient items that you could get around that time if you had avg luck.

Sure others might have to be higher idk. Guess it depends how hard and perfect you play.
    yeah, very likely that. On S5 i played thornsader and had issues doing 70 for the journey until i reached 640ish or so. Anyway i never actually tried to push, i manage dto get everything done at like 1st or 2nd try. Ended farming 100 gr keys to try 70, and did it the 3rd try.

Playing slowly and casually like i do, the paragon keeps flowing and i basically found myself with that
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice speedfarming build

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not sure how you balance a game to have equal solo progression to that of a group of four, considering all of the synergies between gems/classes/items that you can obtain with multiple people. Ultimately if you were to equal the progression you would have to make items less interesting, classes less interesting, or artificially buff your class when playing alone. A couple of those ruin some of the fun aspects of the game, and the other is just an artificial tuning thing numbers wise that doesn't make it fun.
    Well first there's the obvious one - add 100% to the mobs' HP for each additional party member; last I hard, this already happened (maybe not 100%, but close).

For replacing the synergies between classes and builds though ... well the obvious difference between playing solo and in a group is the followers - you only have them when you're solo. So maybe look at reworking the follower skills to help replicate some of that synergy? Maybe even increase their damage output? Let's face it, most people seem to use the Templar and he's built for crowd control, the Enchantress and Scoundrel don't get much of a look-in. All three of them have pathetic damage output when compared to the player (you're looking at 1% maybe?).

So perhaps Blizzard should rework the existing followers and/or add some more. Either replace existing skills or add more tiers so that you choose one buff or the other - for instance on the Scoundrel you could have a tier where you can choose either a monk's Mantra of Retribution or a demon hunter's Wolf Companion. Maybe even allow you to have two followers instead of one.

Think that would help?

You certainly wouldn't close the gap completely but you could get it smaller than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Well first there's the obvious one - add 100% to the mobs' HP for each additional party member; last I hard, this already happened (maybe not 100%, but close).
    Its at 50% per person atm. They would need to increase it to 100% and it would close to gap to almost non existent.

Deleted
    All I want is more balance in endgame 4man group composition. 1 Wizard with 3 Support was just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    All I want is more balance in endgame 4man group composition. 1 Wizard with 3 Support was just boring.
    The only way that will happen is making skills that debuff mobs so everyone benefits or buffs the group to go away/become a lot worse. Then supports would be less useful outside just healing to keep the group alive.

Some nice points brought up in the last posts.

The issue of 4man VS solo is pretty peculiar, since it's composed by multiple factors.

- offensive capability: well, we all know that damage increases only up to a point, being it perfect ancient gear. However a DPS support build can provide for more than 100% of a pure dps build total damage, due to how the multipliers work.

- defensive capability: same as above, a solo player can stack defenses up to a point. A defensive support build can stack over them, party-wide defenses that together make for more that the sum of 4 pure dps characters.

- synergy between skills: given how support builds work, the pure DPS character can decide to ditch a lot of defenses to deal quite an amount of additional damage, something that is simply impossible to do in solo environment.

- xp farming: given how paragon are relevant, and how a 4man group can farm consitently higher levels, the amount of xp farmed is substantially higher in group than in solo, making the difference even larger.

It's not a simple task. I agree that followers as a tool for solo are largely ignored, especially when it comes for the balancing between them. Templar brings heals and control which are too precious to skip, so the other two are currently near to useless.
    Worth saying also that the damage/xp nerfs of the last patch are a big nod towards the solo players. Will skip the math part, but FYI we went from a xp ratio of 40:1 (more or less) between party and solo in S4, to a 5:1 in S5 and S6 is assessing it around a 2:1 ratio. Also indirect effects are a slower with possible less total paragon levels to be farmed in S6, a not-so-high increase of GR levels cleared (S5 had twister wizard that basically broke the rules otherwise some numbers would have never be seen) and generally a relative bigger impact of Caldesann enchants.

Overall, while it doesn't seem it, this patch is definitely more balanced than others before. Still lots of things to try, and a road ahead to run on, but the direction is kinda right.

Deleted
    have the patch that buffs the sets gone out yet? not the new seasone but like the new gems,new set changes etc.

Patch is to 99.99999% Wed the 27th and season starting on the 29th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Crusader set doesn't seem like balls this season (build last season was painfully boring), so trying to decide between crusader or demon hunter now...

i'm glad they buffed Archon for wiz, but Tals Twister is now the new BIS build for groups, sadly they couldnt nerf twister far enough to make it useless even with only 5 twisters max.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i'm glad they buffed Archon for wiz, but Tals Twister is now the new BIS build for groups, sadly they couldnt nerf twister far enough to make it useless even with only 5 twisters max.
    Its 8 not 5 but ya same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Crusader set doesn't seem like balls this season (build last season was painfully boring), so trying to decide between crusader or demon hunter now...
    With the damage taken reduction being upwards of 95% in the near 100 GRs compared to S5. Bombard LoN will probably push near 100 along with Invoker. Which one is best who knows atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Patch is to 99.99999% Wed the 27th and season starting on the 29th.
    You mean 100% because its the only patch day before the season lol. Its been known for like 3 weeks it was the 26/27th because of Consoles. They accidentally posted the release date of the patch for them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do both. Once season starts, getting someone to bring your alt to 70 takes like nothing.

Crusader doesn't look much different from previous season - hell they even buffed Invoker so it's going to be even better. DH looks pretty solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post

You mean 100% because its the only patch day before the season lol. Its been known for like 3 weeks it was the 26/27th because of Consoles. They accidentally posted the release date of the patch for them then.
    Doomsday might be upon us! Hence the 0.00001% chance it might not happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    FIRST LOOK - SEASON 6 JOURNEY
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20099644/

BTW Belt of the Trove will still work with 4p Invoker
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...4715?page=1#11
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2016-04-22 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    BTW Belt of the Trove will still work with 4p Invoker
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...4715?page=1#11
    Don't get it. Why it should have stopped working?

EDIT: ah it was a bug.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-04-22 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't get it. Why it should have stopped working?
    They did a fix to optimize the servers and procs procing procs was removed off everything. They had to revert it for Invoker and Earth.

Deleted
    I plan to play Uliana Monk, i hear they buff it and it's decent now, i always loved the play style