Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    "Expand the way I think" is the most nebulously defined nonsense that ALWAYS gets thrown about, but never gets quantified in any meaningful way. I've read straight up cultists who weren't subjected to a lick of drugs describe their "spiritual" experiences with more clarity than "expansive thinking"

It is a psychedelic, with a documented history of causing persistent long term psychosis to include delusions and false ideas/memories/experiences. If that is the expanded mind... you can keep it.
    It allowed me to have less of a narrow view of things. Since I took it, I can look at situations from more than one side. I found it better to take into account things that are outside of my tangible reach.

Instead looking at things from inside or outside the box alone, I look at the box from all angles. It actually has helped me in my professional career as I am able to find understanding in things that others may not because they only have a narrow view of the situation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    BTW today is the Bicycle Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It allowed me to have less of a narrow view of things. Since I took it, I can look at situations from more than one side. I found it better to take into account things that are outside of my tangible reach.

Instead looking at things from inside or outside the box alone, I look at the box from all angles. It actually has helped me in my professional career as I am able to find understanding in things that others may not because they only have a narrow view of the situation.
    think the point he making is, just because a wise man gets wiser, does not mean a idiot get smarter.

you may have the control an wisdom to gain from such a drug or experience, does not mean the masses will share that view. it has been proven that the majority of the world is weak minded an likes to follow the masses. they are also more then willing to do what they must for personal gain.

the more we allow freedom, the more others will abuse it. which is a sad truth because in the end we all want for the world is peace an the freedom to do an believe whatever we want.

but that is a very dangerous truth that can not be achieve simply by a single thought or single action. so we build laws, theories, walls, anything to help what we believe will help others gain such a truth an fight an war believing we will found the truth to enlightenment an wonder everyone else is fighting what we offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywolf View Post
    think the point he making is, just because a wise man gets wiser, does not mean a idiot get smarter.

you may have the control an wisdom to gain from such a drug or experience, does not mean the masses will share that view. it has been proven that the majority of the world is weak minded an likes to follow the masses. they are also more then willing to do what they must for personal gain.

the more we allow freedom, the more others will abuse it. which is a sad truth because in the end we all want for the world is peace an the freedom to do an believe whatever we want.

but that is a very dangerous truth that can not be achieve simply by a single thought or single action. so we build laws, theories, walls, anything to help what we believe will help others gain such a truth an fight an war believing we will found the truth to enlightenment an wonder everyone else is fighting what we offer.
    But wouldn't it be worth it to study the drug and the effects on various different mental states to understand the brain and the drug more?

Just from listening to people's various experiences with it, you can see that some benefit, while others are harmed by it. But what exactly determines if it will be harmful or productive? Some say it is your mental state. But that isn't really great information, it is too loose. Scientists have recently been able to view the actual brain activity and are understanding more about how the brain can function when given the drug. I think it would be quite interesting to continue these tests on people with a variety of mental disorders to see what the brain does with it.

Such as, Autistic folks. How would their brain react to LSD. Or those with speech impediments. Or many other "defects" that are caused by the brain.

When it comes to suggesting if people should use it or not, I usually give them a huge list of warnings. Should they choose to not heed these warnings, it is their call. But if I don't feel they would benefit from it, or if it would cause them harm, I will not offer them anything, or suggest they try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, it isn't. Of course stoners thinks they're being objective, but they're not.
    If you ignore my points and go because I said so then of course it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, mate... I'm not talking weed, I'm talking cocaine and heroine drugs. You don't want to legalise those. You really don't. If you legalise those, I'll just go ahead and open up a hitman business, because killing people is apparently okay.
    This is not even debatable, the war on drugs isn't working and your statement isn't happening in reality. If you think legalization would dramatically increase substance abuse, you need to prove it.

Illegal drugs would be safer because of quality standards. Tax could be used on education and rehab. Drug users wouldn't be criminals but victims with easier access to treatment without alienating themselves as much. And you can still get legal amphetamines and opiates, just make up a symptom and pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood psychiatrist.

Also you can put processed sugars into anything, and that shit should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'd like to try some drugs (LSD, MDMA), but I am quite scared of a bad trip. Heard some people completely change in a bad way after a bad trip. Do. Not. Want.

But many people also have a great experience, so I'm kinda torn. Since I never bought any drugs and only smoked weed like 5 times altogether, I wouldn't even know where to get that shit, nor do I have close friends who could get anything beyond weed.
    Easiest way to avoid a bad trip on LSD (not sure how frequent bad trips are for mdma since it's basically just the 'love' drug) is to have a minder, someone who can steer you away from bad thoughts/vibes and keep you distracted. The easiest way to have a bad trip is becoming stuck inside your own head/trying to suppress thoughts and feelings. Just go into it open minded and be upfront with whoever you're with (including yourself) and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    If you ignore my points and go because I said so then of course it isn't.

This is not even debatable, the war on drugs isn't working and your statement isn't happening in reality. If you think legalization would dramatically increase substance abuse, you need to prove it.

Illegal drugs would be safer because of quality standards. Tax could be used on education and rehab. Drug users wouldn't be criminals but victims with easier access to treatment without alienating themselves as much. And you can still get legal amphetamines and opiates, just make up a symptom and pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood psychiatrist.

Also you can put processed sugars into anything, and that shit should be illegal.
    Yeah... ok, that is really all I need to know about your world views. You'll excuse me if I ignore your opinion completely. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

"This has led scientists to new theories of visual hallucinations and the sense of oneness with the universe some users report."

This makes me laugh really hard, just how its stated.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    My aunt was test person for LSD therapy in the 60s. Im told that she changed for the worse as result - her mind blew up more or less. The whole concept, LSD given to paranoid schizo or depressed people just sound like an awful idea.
    But i have to admit that i am intrigued by these new results. I have tried Mushrooms (Psilocybin) and the effect was a very warm, pleasant experience with some mild visual distortions (humans faces became comical caricatures).
    I've also experienced a true nightmare after smoking a extremely strong modified cannabis variant and that experience scares me from taking the chance with LSD.
    I wonder if all hallucinogens have a similar effect on the brain - in a varying degree. If you can "liberate" the mind by smoking hashish once in a while i have to admit that it would be tempting.
    shrooms lead to a bad trip way more often than LSD. besides the acid these days is way weaker than the 70s stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    shrooms lead to a bad trip way more often than LSD. besides the acid these days is way weaker than the 70s stuff.
    Indeed. Mushrooms literally are poison. While LSD on the other hand is not exactly a poison.

I did acid plenty of times in my raving days during the late 80s/early90s and.... I had a fucking great time! Wouldn't do it any more though. I enjoyed it but it's pretty intense and not something to do as a habit like drinking wine every evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    LSD is something everyone should take just once, if you're a levelheaded person. It's nothing really like what is shown on movies or tv, you're not going to see psychedelic stuff and want to listen to Floyd. It's just a neat little vacation into a part of your mind you've never seen before, and you will most likely be left unable to explain a lot of what happened, as the "words" to describe much of what happened only exists in your mind during the trip. I certainly don't understand how some people can do it all the time though, twice was more than enough for me.
    A good explanation of what it's like. It's very hard to put into words an experience on LSD, but it absolutely expands you as a person. And no, unless you take a very high amount, you won't really have stereotypical visual "trips" at all. It gives you perspective on what is and isn't important in life, i.e. enjoying the little things, how meaningless certain stresses and anxieties really are, obviously anyone can claim they already know this, and if you do then you will probably have a very good time. Still, I feel like after a few trips, most people will come out as less worrisome and more mature. The only times I know of people having bad trips is when they take too much and can too easily lose connection with reality, and therefore have a hard time staying in reality(which is scary), or people who have taken a fake supplement chemical, which is fairly common, make sure you're getting real LSD, and start with a low dose the first one or two times. Anxious, restless people also tend to have a higher rate of bad trips, this is something I cannot relate to as I have always been a very laidback person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Fucking please, Norway have some of the strictest laws in the world when it comes to drugs, police is known for daily harassing weed smokers and we have some of the highest mortality rates in europa when it comes to drugs.
    No, you don't. Try smuggling drugs to thailand or saudi arabia, that's what strict laws are in regards to drugs.