Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

So I got my first mythic ilv drop in the legion alpha

Was in a world quest where the base drop was a normal raid drop. We cleared it with 14 people gathered in the zone. Mobs where about as strong as raid trash.

Break down of loot was

2 mythic ilv
    1 heroic ilv
    11 normal raid ilv.

Don't currently know if the class hall upgrades effect ilv of mythic drops or the spawn rates of quests like this but I figured this is the kind of things people want to know about world quests. The quest itself seems like you could do it with just a tank and healer though the more dps you throw at it the easier/quicker it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Was in a world quest where the base drop was a normal raid drop. We cleared it with 14 people gathered in the zone. Mobs where about as strong as raid trash.

Break down of loot was

2 mythic ilv
    1 heroic ilv
    11 normal raid ilv.

Don't currently know if the class hall upgrades effect ilv of mythic drops or the spawn rates of quests like this but I figured this is the kind of things people want to know about world quests. The quest itself seems like you could do it with just a tank and healer though the more dps you throw at it the easier/quicker it goes.
    I'm.. actually very happy with that. Raid level World Mobs giving that type of loot. I can fucks with that.

Yay for not having to progress purely through raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

These are really good news.

All I can think of that is "IS GALLEON UP?" "IS GALLEON UP?" "DUDES STOP PROGRESSING THE BOSS GALLEON IS UP WE GOTTA GET THERE BEFORE THE PLEBS KILLS IT COS IT DROPS BETTER GEAR THAN WHAT WE CAN GET FROM MSV" "OH YOU WEREN'T PLAYING FRIDAY NIGHT? LOL YOU MISSED GALLEON SPAWN GL TRY IN A FEW DAYS MATE".
    Please tell me it's not going to be like that. I have not tested the alpha. So please tell me it's not galleon v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    All I can think of that is "IS GALLEON UP?" "IS GALLEON UP?" "DUDES STOP PROGRESSING THE BOSS GALLEON IS UP WE GOTTA GET THERE BEFORE THE PLEBS KILLS IT COS IT DROPS BETTER GEAR THAN WHAT WE CAN GET FROM MSV" "OH YOU WEREN'T PLAYING FRIDAY NIGHT? LOL YOU MISSED GALLEON SPAWN GL TRY IN A FEW DAYS MATE".
    Please tell me it's not going to be like that. I have not tested the alpha. So please tell me it's not galleon v2.
    That sounds more World Boss related than World Quest related.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Doesn't seem so... there has been a epic quest per day there spawn lasts for 24 hours or so currently before a new one spawns. This was the first one with loot and they all seem buggy so far. I do not know if this is their intended spawn cycle or if it is increased for testing.

Deleted
    Hah, I found that fun as fuck. People spamming GALLEON OH SHIT in every chat channel and the whole server moving there Good times. Oh fucking well boohoo if you didn't get loot. It was still fun and you got to know your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    As said. Not tested alpha. All I made from the OP is that they defeated a world event that gave them top tier loot which means it will be 100% relevant for my guild, which means I have to care about it if it becomes exclusive in the same way the atrocity that is known as Galleon was.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Doesn't seem so... there has been a epic quest per day there spawn lasts for 24 hours or so currently before a new one spawns. This was the first one with loot and they all seem buggy so far. I do not know if this is their intended spawn cycle or if it is increased for testing.
    So do quest, kill big bad, respawn in a minute or two for next people to kill big bad? Yea I can work with that.

I'm.. actually very happy with that. Raid level World Mobs giving that type of loot. I can fucks with that.

Yay for not having to progress purely through raiding.
    This is exactly perfect

I am hell sure they are not going to spray raid level gear like this (after moving so much in the opposite direction), they should be placeholders (or they nerf the droprate)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I am hell sure they are not going to spray raid level gear like this (after moving so much in the opposite direction), they should be placeholders (or they nerf the droprate)
    Is being able to progress outside of raiding not like, one of the philosophies of Legion?

Because I'm pretty sure that's what this embodies. They even said that these activities would reward Endgame loot, so I wouldn't be so sure.

They're obviously not going to drop like candy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like they've never reversed direction before when they've gone too far in one direction or another. It looks to me that if you don't want to raid you won't have to do that and can still do OK. Maybe that's a lesson they learned from Warlords.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like they've never reversed direction before when they've gone too far in one direction or another.
    They proved to be very stubborn in certain philosophies

- - - Updated - - -

Is being able to progress outside of raiding not like, one of the philosophies of Legion?

Because I'm pretty sure that's what this embodies. They even said that these activities would reward Endgame loot, so I wouldn't be so sure.

They're obviously not going to drop like candy.
    You forgot the tag attached: "If you are good enough"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

You forgot the tag attached: "If you are good enough"
    I mean, that should be the case with everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    They proved to be very stubborn in certain philosophies
    They took a beating in Warlords over sticking with some of those philosophies for end game beyond any useful point. They have gone to great lengths this time around to talk about more stuff to do in end game, replayability, allowing for differing levels of skill and enabling some form of progression for non-raiders in Legion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    The drop rate looks a bit high to me, how many of these raid-reward quests are you able to do in a week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsen View Post
    The drop rate looks a bit high to me, how many of these raid-reward quests are you able to do in a week ?
    Two things to keep in mind: 11 out of 14 players got the regular loot and 14 players is a small sample size.

In other words, don't read too much into this right now. I'd expect Mythic loot to be relatively rare from world quests.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2016-04-19 at 11:02 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Well, in Legion, World Bosses are World Quests...

Deleted
    They took a beating in Warlords over sticking with some of those philosophies for end game beyond any useful point. They have gone to great lengths this time around to talk about more stuff to do in end game, replayability, allowing for differing levels of skill and enabling some form of progression for non-raiders in Legion.
    They took a beating in warlords because it was so difficult to obtain high ilvl items at the start of the expansion, and then LFR+ Mythic Dungeons+Tanaan made epics fall from the sky.

The warlord raid content was admired and praised, but starting progress in Mythic when overgearing because of quest loot is insane and will have consequences on raid quality.

Its not sustainable for the game in the long term, and I think they're making a final moneygrab tbh . Imagine Mythic Archimonde gets spawned tomorrow in your garrison and you kill him. Its fun and nice loot and all, but its not going to keep you interested in the game next month.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2016-04-19 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    What philosophy was that? Make it rain epics? Heck some BiS items dropped from mythic dungeons not raid sure it was a very select few but I don't know I am hoping these quests are extremely rare in live.