Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That wasn't a promise that was a deadline for retailers. The promise they made to the players they broke again (eg 14+ months of HFC).
    So deadlines aren't "promises"? I don't care what you call it. It came before the deadline if that's what you want instead. They gave us a date, and it came before it. I'm cool with it.

As far as the "promise" of no more 12+ of content droughts, I was never aware of such a promise? They always put a caveat like "we'll try out best" or "best effort" as far as I remember.

And no I do not care for someone's opinion on how little effort you think was put into doing so.

People want to play Vanilla content for an eternity, but 14 months of HFC is too much....... oh the hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    So deadlines aren't "promises"? I don't care what you call it. It came before the deadline if that's what you want instead. They gave us a date, and it came before it. I'm cool with it.

As far as the "promise" of no more 12+ of content droughts, I was never aware of such a promise? They always put a caveat like "we'll try out best" or "best effort" as far as I remember.

And no I do not care for someone's opinion on how little effort you think was put into doing so.
    No.

Not meeting a deadline results in consequences.

And yes the Blizz devs are on record saying they would not let another SoO happen on their watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dyetheundying View Post
    People want to play Vanilla content for an eternity, but 14 months of HFC is too much....... oh the hypocrisy
    HFC is that bad.

They should really release the wardrobe feature that alone will give people alot to do

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    They should really release the wardrobe feature that alone will give people alot to do
    you mean spend hours finally vendoring our multiple full void storages? haha

i get a headcrash from this thread...

every third post "oh i am so happy that it isnt a sept release..."

do even 1 of you stupid jerks realize that 08/30 IS literally sept ???

the day after next is sept 1st!

and what the hell is so great by blizzard with that date ??? they said its on or before 21sept. ok, so they release it .... eeeehm 3 weeks earlier. woooohoooo !!!! what a big deal by blizzard !!! they are so great !!! 3 weeks !!! insaaaaaaane !!!

i really dont care about the release date in general. no need for white knights and haters and all that stuff. but the behaviour of some of you ist just laughable pathetic.

sorry guys, but sometimes ppl here acting way too hillarious.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-04-20 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i get a headcrash from this thread...

every third post "oh i am so happy that it isnt a sept release..."

the next day is sept 1st!

and what the hell is so great by blizzard with that date ??? they said its on or before 21sept. ok, so they release it .... eeeehm 3 weeks earlier. woooohoooo !!!! what a big deal by blizzard !!! they are so great !!! 3 weeks !!! insaaaaaaane !!!

i really dont care about the release date in general. no need for white knights and haters and all that stuff. but the behaviour of some of you ist just laughable pathetic.

sorry guys, but sometimes ppl here acting way too hillarious.
    kinda lost me between the excessive exclamation points and the fact that august has 31 days, so the day after release is still well... august. But anyway, people are just happy its sept 21st, give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    We paid 10 dollars more. Got 1 tier less and they couldn't even make their promise of faster raid tiers. Yeah first sign of any bullshit in Legion and I'm gone. This is definitely my last expansion if they don't step shit up.
    the term you are searchin for is "milking"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna know why people are fucking pissed? They "Doubled" the raid team,cut out 2/3 of WoD, it was a shitty fucking x pack, that cost $50. And they said it would be shorter, and bam. It isn't

Of course people are fucking pissed

- - - Updated - - -

the term you are searchin for is "milking"
    Why the hell would they milk a game they just spend 100 million on, in a movie. Release 2 books, and clearly show they intend to keep going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dyetheundying View Post
    I want to not spend 50 dollars on a x pack with 1 content patch. Hb that
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

I want to not spend 50 dollars on a x pack with 1 content patch. Hb that
    I never understood this argument, even if you only played for a month you probably got multiple hours out of that 50 bucks, people spend 60 bucks on other games ALL the time and they last for 3-6 hrs with almost 0 replayability

1/9 literally is September, 30/8 literally isn't.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Why the hell would they milk a game they just spend 100 million on, in a movie. Release 2 books, and clearly show they intend to keep going.
    i cant imagine a better example of milking than what you wrote. you literally nailed it with your own words

Too many white knights who guzzle Blizzard's Kool-Aid. 14 Months of 6.2 is simply too long. WoD was a shell of an expansion and 3 tiers in 3 years is a spit in the face of loyal customers (like me). If you think August 30th is actually too soon then fuck you you are the problem and need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Too many white knights who guzzle Blizzard's Kool-Aid. 14 Months of 6.2 is simply too long. WoD was a shell of an expansion and 3 tiers in 3 years is a spit in the face of loyal customers (like me). If you think August 30th is actually too soon then fuck you you are the problem and need to go.
    They're not saying aug 30 is too soon because we haven't had enough 6.2 they're saying its too soon because for some reason they think legion won't be ready in 4.5 months when most of the content is in and its all class tweaking, bug squashing and raid testing left (well, and suramar but that'll probably be in soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They're not saying aug 30 is too soon because we haven't had enough 6.2 they're saying its too soon because for some reason they think legion won't be ready in 4.5 months when most of the content is in and its all class tweaking, bug squashing and raid testing left (well, and suramar but that'll probably be in soon)
    as per devs we are in the tuning phase of class design, we are already on mythic raid testing sooooo.....Its not going to require a long beta

Even with all this time it will release broken and for 3 months after that we'll enjoy tri-weekly hotfixes while they figure out what went wrong with the classes.

No.

Not meeting a deadline results in consequences.
    Doesn't mean that they didn't deliver on it...which is what I'm saying to begin with.

And yes the Blizz devs are on record saying they would not let another SoO happen on their watch.
    I need a little more than your say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Doesn't mean that they didn't deliver on it...which is what I'm saying to begin with.
    They have yet to deliver on a promise thus far given Legion in still in alpha state.

I need a little more than your say so.
    I promise I will be kind this time around.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/07/02/...raid-warlords/

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Keep in mind WoD was released one month before their "final" date for them. Plus they NEED to ride the hype train of Warcraft movie if they care at all about profits (its bliz so of course they do) So late june for that at worst for pre(-pre) patch. but even that's a bad idea best bet is early june for that so new players from the movie don't get caught up in the clusterfuck of the new expansion patch. If they don't do that they risk a lot of players leaving out of the confusion, or completely not joining. Since bliz cares about maximizing money I'm sure they'll have something early june. They have to. Ready or not.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not