Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's an ACTION adventure movie (or at least that's what they've been marketing it as from the beginning). The music was appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why cant they find a suitable track to use in their trailer from WoW? Surely there is something better then why they've been using.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Why cant they find a suitable track to use in their trailer from WoW? Surely there is something better then why they've been using.
    because they trying to get the attention of an audience that doesn't play the game...that's basically adv and marketing and these music wont be in the movie, duncen already tweeted about it Ramin Djawadi responsible for the movie score and he did good stuff for too many great movies/shows
    Only God Can Judge Me

Sooo those dwarves...

Is that a younger Magni, Muradin, and Brann? I mean..while the current king of Ironforge would obviously wear that crown...that's unmistakably Magnis epic beard on that Dwarf.

Also..I think the guy behind them fell asleep :P

Movie looks extremely cheesy...like cringe worthy and then they throw that shit music in it and made it even worse. So let down by all of the trailers except the last one, it was decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    The film industry spends millions of dollars researching this kind of thing, I think they know more than you about what will best sell the film to their target audience (which isn't us, by the way).
    Yea because the film industry never fails right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is fairly strange that Legion release is coming so (relatively) long after the movie. Honestly by late August the movie will be a distant memory from an in-theater standpoint, and is around when the blu-ray release would be. It kind of shoots down the theories of the movie giving the game a second life. In fact to me it kind of shows a lack of confidence by Blizzard in the movie. My guess is they've seen early screenings internally and realized that it's more of an average in and out of theaters in a few weeks type of movie than a blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    The film industry spends millions of dollars researching this kind of thing, I think they know more than you about what will best sell the film to their target audience (which isn't us, by the way).
    The regulars of the film industry do. Blizzard is making their first foray into film and doesn't appear to quite get it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odinslayer View Post
    because they trying to get the attention of an audience that doesn't play the game...that's basically adv and marketing and these music wont be in the movie, duncen already tweeted about it Ramin Djawadi responsible for the movie score and he did good stuff for too many great movies/shows
    Yeah but the music in the game fits the theme perfectly and I think it would translate well to the flim.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    They need to fire their Marketing team, what's with the shitty cringe worthy techno, and comedic approach. BARF.

Would have been awesome to see a trailer with the music from Warcraft 3 or the intro cinematic to vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    The regulars of the film industry do. Blizzard is making their first foray into film and doesn't appear to quite get it yet.
    I could be wrong but isn't the movie studio doing like...the whole thing? Funding and marketing everything? Blizzard just gets a say in the lore and probably a cut of the profits if it does well.

Which means they can deflect blame to the studio if it fails, too.

That's probably the best position Blizzard could be in.

Something like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbfMDwc4azU
    requiem for a dream would fit way much more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    And here we go... The Blizzard-bashing part of the topic...

It's Legendary that its making the movie, not Blizzard. Blizzard only says "yes" or "no" to some directions the movie goes. The production of the movie is up to Duncan Jones, his team and Legendary.

As for the music, yea... Weird choice, but it's just a trailer... And i think that the CGI doesn't look bad. Its pretty nice. Not Avatar level (yet) but it's getting pretty good with the post-production. Just go to the Digital Theater site and download the lossless version of the one of the trailers and compare with the youtube one... Youtube compression and bitrate reduction make movies look like crap.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Just so long as the music isn't in the movie, I'm fine with it.

I feel like Blizzard and Legendary Pictures dropped the ball big time with the advertising. Whoever they got to do marketing has made moronic fucking decisions. Why not get the people who've been doing the Hearthstone team or who did the WoD advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Just so long as the music isn't in the movie, I'm fine with it.

I feel like Blizzard and Legendary Pictures dropped the ball big time with the advertising. Whoever they got to do marketing has made moronic fucking decisions. Why not get the people who've been doing the Hearthstone team or who did the WoD advertising?
    Well it's all about perspective my friend. What you and I have experienced in WoW, others haven't. This movie is going to reach millions of people and more than 90% probably haven't heard of the game or the lore even, so this is just noise and cool shots to tell the rest:"Come see me I'm shiny".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    I have to say even with the sketchy music that is a trailer that will get non WoW players interested in the movie. I already have a few people I know who don't play that are interested in the movie and asking me about it at work .
    Same here. People at work know I'm a huge fan and keep asking me about it. Even my friends who have never played the game are hyped right now.
    I feel like there's this community that's always bashing 'everything Blizzard' yet they're always around their products to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzatez View Post
    Just go to the Digital Theater site and download the lossless version of the one of the trailers and compare with the youtube one... Youtube compression and bitrate reduction make movies look like crap.
    I just did this and man thanks for the tip, what a massive difference. At first I thought the effects were really poorly done, but seeing the lossless version made my day, it looks amazing imo.

I don't know why I hated this trailer... I just did. The dubstep music was off, the story was non-existent beyond "Some green Orcs are invading our lands, so let's unite to stop them, oh and some brown orcs want to ally with us for no reason given... and some people are Wizards in this fantasy." I don't know. The green orc chick looked awkward and cheezy as hell as she jumped on to the horse/wolf thing. The dialogue was weak. Was that supposed to be a quirky line the main dude threw in there as he was talking to the one soldier beaten on the ground as the other brown orc tossed him aside? I don't get it... So much of this trailer made me uncomfortable and I think it was mainly the dialogue and the music.

The first trailer wasn't great, but it was a hell of a lot better than this one. Oh geesh. I really hope they redeem themselves with the 3rd and likely final trailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    BAD MUSIC TRAILER FIXED - SHARE (not my doing)

Deleted
    While I also feel the music don't fits the movie (and that they should have gone with something from the game instead), it's not unusual to have music which is not the soundtrack and possibly targets an audience which would not look at the movie without it.

It can backfire, but for me, the whole thing still looks better than "Dungeons & Dragons". I was quite hyped for that movie, but besides having Jeremy Irons as the big baddy, the D&D movie was awful. The black elven ranger was only there because the other black guy needed someone to hit on, they had on the one hand political correctness en masse, but it was just awkward. The only elves with black skin in D&D are drow, and these are cruel, evil, and have white hair. The whole plot was stupid and on the niveau of a beginner Dungeon Master. Also, why is everyone making fun of Dwarves? While they can add some humour to the whole thing, I often feel that this is too much jokes at their expense. (And I am not even a big fan of Dwarves....)

Warcraft just cannot get as bad as that.

How many bloody trailers does this film need? And that music is so out of place, terrible.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4