Poll: My annual salary is:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Around 60-70k from my day job. I have a small cash business on the side though but income from that varies a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 64k EUR before taxes, and 32k after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    About 64k EUR before taxes, and 32k after.
    Tax where you live is 50% on the whole sum?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycon View Post
    Tax where you live is 50% on the whole sum?!
    Depends on how you define it all together The sum taken from my income is split nearly equally between taxes and (mandatory) social insurances (health, unemployment, retirement). Now my employer has to pay nearly the exact same amount to the government. So adding my actual income + my taxes + employer taxes gets me to the 64k, which would mean taxes of 50%. BUT! As in the common usage we have, the amount of the employer is not really counted, so "officially" my income before taxes is 49k, which would leave me at ~ 35% taxes. I just dont think its that honest, and its more a bureaucratic trick, so i took the whole sum for better comparability. (Also i'm quite sure most of the other countries don't do that)
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2016-03-31 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    The guy making 7K a year is not the one taking all of your monies XD. Just like how south east asia is fairly expensive to visit. Yet the average income is ~600 USD/month.
    Right, but someone is making way too much if 7K is average.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    So why is it so damn expensive to visit? We were blown away that a 10 day trip there from the USA would be about $15,000 USD. ( including airfare which was about $4000 of the $15K
    Tbh, I think that's the ticket prices in USA.

Example, from Zadar (city at sea) you can get to Paris, 2 way ticket, for 50 €

That said, Now I see that you're saying 4k$ is for the tickets.

What the hell is the other 9k$ for?

54 K AUD in Wine and Liquor sales.

Also get given free Booze as part of the package
    so I can tell the customers what its like..

I have sacrificed my liver
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First year out of college. Im forecasting 37000 pre yax

Fml

Deleted
    Really random. Im pretty good at making money but still in college so its more like if and when I get off my lazy butt, I can make 100k in a few months and then nothing for a year till its all gone. Id never get a job though.. pointless:P Being a CEO is too much work and as an employee, theres not enough freedom and you dont really make much. Not to mention Id probably get fired pretty fast, being eccentric and a free spirit:P

In the tax year that just finished I made £42k as a double glazing salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Tbh, I think that's the ticket prices in USA.

Example, from Zadar (city at sea) you can get to Paris, 2 way ticket, for 50 €

That said, Now I see that you're saying 4k$ is for the tickets.

What the hell is the other 9k$ for?

The places we liked - not all that fancy - were several thousand dollars to rent.

I have spent a good bit last few years reinvesting in material, tools and inventory. I have no real idea right off.

By looking at the activity in the topic "$15 minimum wage in CA",
    most people here make less than $30k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    First year out of college. Im forecasting 37000 pre yax

Fml
    That's good for first year out of college tbh, well above the average.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why even bother asking? Most people here are exaggerating or straight up lying.

Reminds me of the IQ thread where everyone claimed they were legitimate geniuses with IQs higher than Einstein.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Those brackets look like the assumption is noone has a full-time job in a western nation. Although respondents will likely skew above the average MMOc poster simply because people who make decent money are more likely to talk about it.

I'm at about ~55k $AUD which is around 37-38k Euros. I work in a factory. Expecting that will go up about 10k by the financial year though, got a raise on the way in additional to annual raise to compensate for inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    The places we liked - not all that fancy - were several thousand dollars to rent.
    In Croatia? We're talking Adriatic Sea Croatia? Southern Europe?

Several thousand dollars for a week?

Do tell what are these places, lol, cause either your "fancy" is much different than my "fancy" or you got ripped off xD

I mean, even hotels with 4 stars cost like 50-60€ per night >_>

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    110.71-124.45 (xau)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Why even bother asking? Most people here are exaggerating or straight up lying.

Reminds me of the IQ thread where everyone claimed they were legitimate geniuses with IQs higher than Einstein.
    Yeah i remember that thread. Who knew mmoc had so many Einstein level geniuses

This thread has a surprising amount of low earners though. Then again you can live a good life on little money in some cheap countries. My country has very high taxes, a 25% VAT on everything you buy etc so the actual figure doesn't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Those brackets look like the assumption is noone has a full-time job in a western nation. Although respondents will likely skew above the average MMOc poster simply because people who make decent money are more likely to talk about it.

I'm at about ~55k $AUD which is around 37-38k Euros. I work in a factory. Expecting that will go up about 10k by the financial year though, got a raise on the way in additional to annual raise to compensate for inflation.
    It's just that the cost of living etc. is so different in each nation that the amount of money you make tells pretty much nothing. For example someone making 60 000 euros in Finland is probably quite similar than someone making 140k in USA