Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They did have school lunch on the park, and the proselytizers interceded, using the christian persecution meme as a way to attack the schools normal operation events and functions.
    There is no mention of any official school lunch in the park. Cite your source please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    There is no mention of any official school lunch in the park. Cite your source please.
    They have inadequate room in there cafeteria, P.E. classes, and many of their science classes and labs are using the pavilions and the creeks in the park. The proselytizers are using this area to indoctrinate children. Feel free to contact their office for more information.

http://www.mcpasd.k12.wi.us/mhs/news...n-addition-mhs

Don't let the propaganda from the Jesus Mothers distort your view.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...4d3ad6acd.html

They want more conversions, and they are willing to go to great lengths to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

They did have school lunch on the park, and the proselytizers interceded, using the christian persecution meme as a way to attack the schools normal operation events and functions.

- - - Updated - - -

The school has ongoing classes and lunch in the park. The proselytizers interceded with bringing food and eventually speakers to the children out on lunch or during their P.E. class.
    There is absolutely zero evidence in any of the articles that have been linked in this thread nor from articles when you search for stories on this topic.

Please link your sources or stop blatantly lying.

We understand you have bigoted views toward people exercising their religious freedom.

We understand that you see a problem with people freely choosing to hear a spiritually uplifting and positive message.

- - - Updated - - -

They have inadequate room in there cafeteria, P.E. classes, and many of their science classes and labs are using the pavilions and the creeks in the park. The proselytizers are using this area to indoctrinate children. Feel free to contact their office for more information.

They want more conversions, and they are willing to go to great lengths to get it.
    Nothing from these links supports anything you have ever said.

You are just blatantly lying about this situation and what is happening.

There is one nugget of interest from one the articles you posted: “This is dividing the student body, hurting minority students and creating unsafe spaces for those that aren’t Christian.”

Holy fuck, that is straight from the SJW playbook. Say it hurts minorities, and it creates unsafe spaces.

Fuck all mighty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. Wtf is jesus lunch anyways? Just have a normal lunch with no religion bullshit.

That link is to a student project that hypothetically would use Fireman's Park. There are no plans to institute any of those projects. Doing so would require the school to, at the very least, acquire an exclusive lease to Fireman's Park.

If the time comes for an expansion to Middleton High school, the District might want to consider the eight design projects that students recently completed in Brent Siler's Civil Engineering and Architecture class.
    That's the very first sentence in the article you link to. You will note the use of the use of the words "If" and "might"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    All that argues is that those particular Christians are true bigots, rather than ones who merely pretend to believe in their bigotry. It doesn't mean they aren't homophobes.

All bigots really believe in the nonsense they spout. That's what makes them bigots, in the first place. Pointing to the teachings of their faith just labels what variety of bigot they are, it doesn't make their stance "okay".

And just to emphasize before anyone takes this out of context; I'm speaking of specific individuals, who happen to be Christian. This description doesn't apply to most Christians, who are in no way like this.
    how in the hell do you get away with the crap you spew when you know dam well if I replaced Christian with any of the lefts chosen victim groups you would slap an infraction on them so quick it would make your head spin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    how in the hell do you get away with the crap you spew when you know dam well if I replaced Christian with any of the lefts chosen victim groups you would slap an infraction on them so quick it would make your head spin
    Not sure why you'd think that. I very clearly specified I was talking about certain hypothetical individuals and their specific views, as individuals, whose Christianity was descriptive of them, but that they were not descriptive of Christianity as a whole.

It's the difference between remarking that a criminal who was arrested in the midst of committing a crime was black, which is essentially what I was doing in my post, as opposed to claiming that all blacks are criminals, which is the kind of racism we wouldn't tolerate here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first wasn't intended to indoctrinate children to a specific religion.
    It was limitations to government just like all of the amendments. This is literally a case of government (albeit localized) trying to prevent the free expression of religion.

The school is in the wrong. How these children choose to spend their lunch break is largely up to them as long as they aren't going around breaking the law.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2016-04-19 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It's an issue because 400+ students are on quasi-school grounds. You don't let 400 students congregate without supervision.
    They have supervision. They just don't have supervision from a school administrator. Hence it is legal.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not sure why you'd think that. I very clearly specified I was talking about certain hypothetical individuals and their specific views, as individuals, whose Christianity was descriptive of them, but that they were not descriptive of Christianity as a whole.

It's the difference between remarking that a criminal who was arrested in the midst of committing a crime was black, which is essentially what I was doing in my post, as opposed to claiming that all blacks are criminals, which is the kind of racism we wouldn't tolerate here.

Backtracking?

The point remains that on here there is a free for all allowed on Christianity but if Islam or a leftist minority viewpoint is attacked the poster is banned or the thread closed.

Not really balanced now is it?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is used by the school during school hours, probably for P.E. or athletic events. The Jesus people knew about this beforehand and wanted to exploit this public lease agreement for their own religious benefit of converting children.
    Yeah...it's a public lease agreement. It basically states that the school can use the park's facilities and fields (mostly for organized sports) between set hours on set days. It pretty much has nothing to do with them having any kind of authority over who else uses the park's other facilities especially if they have a permit to be there.

It's a public park, folks.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

To quote your own article.....

Amanda Powers, a freshman at the UW-Madison and Middleton alumnus, showed up to protest the event. She said she is still close to many students at the school and the lunch is exclusive and divisive.

“I’m here to support my friends and peers that feel marginalized. There is a park right down the street that is public property that the parents could have rented out, but instead they chose to go against school laws and policies and stay here,” Powers said. “This is dividing the student body, hurting minority students and creating unsafe spaces for those that aren’t Christian.”

Middleton student Anna Diamond disagreed with that sentiment.

I’m Jewish and don’t feel like I’m being oppressed. People think the lunch is oppressive but it’s not; no one is forced to come here at all, students have a choice,” Diamond said. “The parents are not trying to get people to convert and they are very peaceful. We should all be allowed to have our beliefs and right to preach as long as it’s not offending or hurting anyone.”
    Notice the person they mentioned being against the lunch isn't even a current student while the person supportive of the lunches is a current student. Not surprising though that safe spaces were brought up.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-04-20 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    It's the lack of supervision I'm worried about. A few kids decide to beat the shit out of one of them, where are the teachers at?

From what my friends in Wisconsin tell me, Christianity isn't in short supply up there.

My biggest problem is these people trying to lure kids to their faith during school hours when all the teenagers are in one spot. It's effective, but sinister.

And really shows a true lack of faith in my opinion.
    LOL lured? Schools aren't the only places where people can be exposed to different ideas and beliefs. Liberals dont have that market cornered, despite what you may think. Not on school property, no misconduct going on, nothing to see here, move along.

they aren't forcing the kids to go there and listen, if the kids want to go there then what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    It's a public park, folks.
    Well Golly, thanks for coming in and clearing that up for us on the 29th page...:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    LOL lured? Schools aren't the only places where people can be exposed to different ideas and beliefs.
    You misunderstand what the purpose of what a school is. It's not supposed to teach "different ideas and beliefs", it's purpose is to teach a facts. To increase the intelligence of people to further society. Churches are for teaching faith and they aren't in short supply here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That link is to a student project that hypothetically would use Fireman's Park. There are no plans to institute any of those projects. Doing so would require the school to, at the very least, acquire an exclusive lease to Fireman's Park.

That's the very first sentence in the article you link to. You will note the use of the use of the words "If" and "might"
    They use Fireman's park everyday for science labs as well as P.E. periods and lunches at the Pavilion during the spring months. This is all well documented on the school's website.

The Jesus Mothers were ran off school grounds for proselytizing during lunch, so they set up shop into quasi-school grounds just to instigate a fight with the school. They want conflict and they want division between students and the school so they can perpetuate the persecuted Christian meme. These are the great lengths this Christian sect will do to convert more children to their belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    It was limitations to government just like all of the amendments. This is literally a case of government (albeit localized) trying to prevent the free expression of religion.

The school is in the wrong. How these children choose to spend their lunch break is largely up to them as long as they aren't going around breaking the law.
    This is a group that were caught proselytizing on campus fall of 2014 which then fled to Fireman's park, where the school already has ongoing classes and lunch pavilions. This group believes that they are above reproach and willfully violated the operations of the school before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They have supervision. They just don't have supervision from a school administrator. Hence it is legal.
    During school hours Fireman's Park is part of Middleton High School grounds. They have science labs, P.E. classes, and lunch pavilions. This group is purposefully instigating a legal fight to perpetuate their persecution meme, the great lengths these people will go to convert children to their belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    To quote your own article.....

Notice the person they mentioned being against the lunch isn't even a current student while the person supportive of the lunches is a current student. Not surprising though that safe spaces were brought up.
    Stop defending a group that was already run off campus for proselytizing. They are using the public park, which is school grounds during school hours, to have a presence on campus, instigating a legal fight and using their Christian persecution meme even though they can have the lunch at the myriad of places for the children that are both off campus and not at that specific park.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    they aren't forcing the kids to go there and listen, if the kids want to go there then what is the problem?
    The kids are there for classes and lunch, and now they have to deal with proselytizing adults while they eat on school grounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    which is school grounds during school hours
    Is it though? I thought it was a "non-exclusive lease". Which means they can use the park for school activities, but it has to be shared with the public. If this is true, it is not school grounds.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Is it though? I thought it was a "non-exclusive lease". Which means they can use the park for school activities, but it has to be shared with the public. If this is true, it is not school grounds.
    It's been school grounds for over 15 years. Many children have had their science courses, P.E. courses, and lunches on that park over the years, and they are building more school buildings around park. The Jesus Mothers have already been run off the original campus before, and fled to this park, knowing that children are there taking classes and eating lunch. They wanted an instigation so they could play their persecution meme to the local and national media to get support from fellow Christians who actively convert children.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You misunderstand what the purpose of what a school is. It's not supposed to teach "different ideas and beliefs", it's purpose is to teach a facts. To increase the intelligence of people to further society. Churches are for teaching faith and they aren't in short supply here.
    Someone should tell the public schools I went to that they weren't supposed to have been teaching me different ideas and beliefs!

I had no idea. All this knowledge that there are different ideas and beliefs surely has been a negative in my life.

I wonder what my life would be like if I only received facts from public schools.