Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Golden boot? Mate Ronaldo and Jonas are already at 30 goals , you actually think any of those will surpass them?
    Clearly talking about the Premier League golden boot, like, come on man
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    happy for Rangers. hope they can win the Scottish Cup
    They probably will.

They are facing Hibs in the final.

(Just to put it into perspective; we beat Hibs 0-3 at Easter Road, plus drew 2-2 with Rangers at Ibrox)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36079904

Ok so what's the biggest 'miss' you've ever seen?

Mine is Chris Iwelumo vs Norway.

Deleted
    Torres against United springs to mind.

Most of Walcott and Giroud's careers also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post
    Clearly talking about the Premier League golden boot, like, come on man
    Is it called golden boot? My bad if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Ok so what's the biggest 'miss' you've ever seen?

Mine is Chris Iwelumo vs Norway.

Not sure about biggest miss but I think we can all agree that Pique managed the best Mrs </dadjoke>

Dzeko had a cracker for Roma earlier in the season. You think you know how he's going to miss it but then he conjures a really magical goof:

Come to think of it, if you included some of his Man City ones then he's probably got a highlight reel of missed sitters.
    Last edited by Soxoffender; 2016-04-19 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Is it called golden boot? My bad if so.
    Yes it is.

And funnily enough the one you're referring too isn't called that, it's called the "Golden Shoe".
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post
    Yes it is.

And funnily enough the one you're referring too isn't called that, it's called the "Golden Shoe".
    Damn you win man. Always get to learn something new when i come to this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Not sure about biggest miss but I think we can all agree that Pique managed the best Mrs </dadjoke>

Dzeko had a cracker for Roma earlier in the season. You think you know how he's going to miss it but then he conjures a really magical goof:

Come to think of it, if you included some of his Man City ones then he's probably got a highlight reel of missed sitters.
    Fuck sake. That's a howler.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the boy Zevrosh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think nothing beats Rosenthal

I still think Kanus was the funniest because he was literally a yard out and he defied physics to balloon it over the bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I still think nothing beats Rosenthal

-snip-

I still think Kanus was the funniest because he was literally a yard out and he defied physics to balloon it over the bar.
    *snippy snip*
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-04-19 at 08:46 PM.

This is going to look like I'm picking on the guy now but here we go anyway.

The scene - it's 2 days ago and Roma are 2-2 against Atalanta (having thrown away a 2-0 lead) when Edin "shit feet for a big man" Dzeko is put through on goal. Our hero rounds the keeper and slots it...

...straight into row Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Says Benfica's match was shitty, isn't even aware how crap scp's game was.

Benfica, despite suffering a goal right at 14 seconds, demolished Setubal in the 1st half. Failed because it missed so many goal chances. 2nd half, on the other hand, was garbage.
    I am aware and i can be subjective when talking about my own club unlike 90% of benfiquistas. We played way worse than the previous 3 games where we made pretty good exhibitions. But not worse than Moreirense in any minute of the game. Benfica entered without focus in the game (first 10 minutes and the goal suffered at 14 secs) and like you at least recognized made a shitty 2nd half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I am aware and i can be subjective when talking about my own club unlike 90% of benfiquistas. We played way worse than the previous 3 games where we made pretty good exhibitions. But not worse than Moreirense in any minute of the game. Benfica entered without focus in the game (first 10 minutes and the goal suffered at 14 secs) and like you at least recognized made a shitty 2nd half.
    Im quite capable of recognizing when Benfica plays poorly. I do disagree that they weren't focused at the start of the match, since following that goal, Benfica pretty much started right away with it's on goal chances and it lasted almost the entirety of the 1st half.

But! unlike Sporting's leadership and a part of it's fans, i don't engage in the soap opera that you're president has been carrying out this season. Like a whole lot of people say, including SCP fans, maybe they should focus on your own football.

That or maybe Benfica should give him some money to spend at some taverns, cause he sure behaves as if he belonged there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone catch the Newcastle/City game? In performance all week, so my evenings are tied up.

Saw it ended 1-1 just wondered how it went down.

Deleted
    Newcastle unfortunate not to win. Goal was miles offside.

Jesus Navas has to be the worst winger I've ever seen. So unbelievably shite it's astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was raiding so I couldn't watch the match, that's certainly a point I didn't expect us to pick up. United had a shite record against Man City before they got injected with cash, never mind the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Was raiding so I couldn't watch the match, that's certainly a point I didn't expect us to pick up. United had a shite record against Man City before they got injected with cash, never mind the last few seasons.
    Do you think the turnaround is too late to save the season, or can Rafa work a miracle? I think Norwich are going to get caught by one of Sunderland/Newcastle but I can't decide which.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Do you think the turnaround is too late to save the season, or can Rafa work a miracle? I think Norwich are going to get caught by one of Sunderland/Newcastle but I can't decide which.
    I think if we stay up Rafa is a football manager god. I looked at the fixtures yesterday and I think we'll need 36 so stay up which means beating Villa and Palace and getting a draw against either Liverpool or Spurs which is a tough ask. There's some hope I guess as we beat Liverpool and Spurs in the first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I think if we stay up Rafa is a football manager god. I looked at the fixtures yesterday and I think we'll need 36 so stay up which means beating Villa and Palace and getting a draw against either Liverpool or Spurs which is a tough ask. There's some hope I guess as we beat Liverpool and Spurs in the first half of the season.
    It's at Anfield this time. I'm sure Liverpool will win with 2-3 goals. But Newcastle have shown promising stuff lately, should've won vs City yesterday, robbed by the ref. But i can't see Newcastle winning at Anfield, a draw at most.

Merseyside derby tonight. Lost a bit of it's passion lately because of how shit Everton is, Liverpool arent doing great either but Everton have been a joke lately. The games versus United are always more intense.