Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    good, you lot north of the border can have them & dont start moaning when they start stealing your possessions.
    most are not refugees, the vast majority are economic migrants after an easy life here in the uk.
    Source? Or just speculation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Been thinking some more about this and not only am I against doing it myself but I'd disown any friends or family that decided to do this, if you're this dumb I don't want to be around you.
    I'd do the same if I could... Can't even look in the mirror without that monster staring at me...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I love having a single bedroom apartment, don't have to fucking share with anyone. If I had a two bedroom, I'd be forced to rent out the second room to help pay the more expensive rent and I'd probably get some foreigner who works a minimum wage job and can't afford the rent because they are sending all their money back to their families where it's actually worth something.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-04-20 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    http://www.refugees-welcome.net/

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea. I'd like to think that if we're ever put into the fucking unimaginably horrible position that the Syrians are in presently, that we'd be treated with a similar level of humanity.
    Obviously it's going to be impossible to provide every single refugee with this type of solution, but if everyone with a spare room was willing to make it available to causes such as these, it'd be bloody lovely.
    Yeah, no, Syria is not allied with the majority of the countries who have taken in refugees. Hell if the US was in a similar situation, I would wager Japan, Germany, UK, Australia/NZ, Canada, and Mexico would be the only ones to take a very very small number of refugees.

Source? Or just speculation?
    You'll have enough source material once idiots start inviting random, potentially very dangerous people into their homes soon enough. Right now you are also just speculating that the people you invite are NOT killers or rapists.

Shit, the screening process is fucking ridiculous. Say I'm a member of the IS and you "interview me" so that I can take refugee in your house. Think I'd tell you I like to kill people in my free time and fight for some stupid bullshit? Top kek mate. You naive little things

There are agencies in existence that are to ensure your safety from terrorism and yet there are attacks of terror happening quite so often because they failed to identify the terrorist before the attack. You think these 3 imbeciles who run that website are going to do any better job at that than trained professionals? You fucking naive little things

Fuck, man, the best giggles are had when reading this thread
    Last edited by mauserr; 2016-04-20 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is why I love having a single bedroom apartment, don't have to fucking share with anyone. If I had a two bedroom, I'd be forced to rent out the second room to help pay the more expensive rent.
    I was actually close to getting a 3 BR apartment when I moved because somehow it was almost the same price as some of the 1BR somehow and I couldn't find a fault with it. Even the location and neighborhood was pretty great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is why I love having a single bedroom apartment, don't have to fucking share with anyone. If I had a two bedroom, I'd be forced to rent out the second room to help pay the more expensive rent and I'd probably get some foreigner who works a minimum wage job and can't afford the rent because they are sending all their money back to their families where it's actually worth something.
    Yeah, nice logic. Just how much more money are you spending each month by choosing to live alone? The only people who have any desire to live alone are anti-social shut ins. Even if you prefer the idea of having your own space, it makes absolutely zero financial sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    You'll have enough source material once idiots start inviting random, potentially very dangerous people into their homes soon enough. Right now you are also just speculating that the people you invite are NOT killers or rapists. Shit, the screening process is fucking ridiculous. Say I'm a member of the IS and you "interview me" so that I can take refugee in your house. Think I'd tell you I like to kill people in my free time and fight for some stupid bullshit? Top kek mate. You naive little things
    Oh right. So there's absolutely no risk of a domestic citizen being a murderer or a rapist? Is this exclusive to refugees?
    Perhaps it's safer if we just lock ourselves inside and have no direct contact with people we dont know.

yet we have millions of europeans that are homeless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    yet we have millions of europeans that are homeless
    Hey by all means offer one of those guys a room instead. If you're making a positive difference to someone's life then that's what really matters.

Yeah, nice logic. Just how much more money are you spending each month by choosing to live alone? The only people who have any desire to live alone are anti-social shut ins. Even if you prefer the idea of having your own space, it makes absolutely zero financial sense.
    Or he's actually done some right in his life and is comfortable spending that amount of money living alone? Not everybody failed so miserably at life to be in need for somebody else to split their rent with. You reap what you sow, remember that. Always and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyMakesMeGiggle
    Oh right. So there's absolutely no risk of a domestic citizen being a murderer or a rapist? Is this exclusive to refugees?
    Perhaps it's safer if we just lock ourselves inside and have no direct contact with people we dont know.
    From one extreme to another, that's to be expected, hardly surprising. Nobody said there is no risk that a domestic citizen is a rapist or a murderer. Please don't tell me that the risks of inviting random people from OTHER country, a country that is torn by war and terror, is smaller or equal to the risk of inviting somebody from your own country who shares the same beliefs and culture that you do. Please don't be that blind and naive.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You are very naive, I hope it won't bite you in the ass in the end.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey by all means offer one of those guys a room instead. If you're making a positive difference to someone's life then that's what really matters.
    So what you are saying is you feel yourself too good to offer them living space?

10+ Year Old Account
    Na, I have trust issues and I would think they were steeling money from me or be scared to death that they would murder me in my sleep. That last part is because of the media I guess. There have been 1 or 2 cases here in Sweden were some refugees murdured people that worked in these refugees houses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    You are very naive, I hope it won't bite you in the ass in the end.
    It's quite disturbing to see just how easily people can be controlled by the media and told what to think. I wonder how much your opinion on these refugees if you were to visit one of the camps in Calais.

It's quite disturbing to see just how easily people can be controlled by the media and told what to think. I wonder how much your opinion on these refugees if you were to visit one of the camps in Calais.
    So you're saying that the child rapes didn't happen at all? That it's just all a product of media manipulation? Did you visit these any of these camps yourself? You're actually the one being controlled by the media, luv. I'd say Torched is sane enough to care about his own safety by not letting random people live in his household. You are the one being brainwashed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    So what you are saying is you feel yourself too good to offer them living space?
    If you bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen that currently I'm a lodger so don't have the option to move someone else in. I would absolutely give a refugee the same consideration as anybody else if they applied for a room though. Basically because I'm not ignorant or simple-minded enough to assume everything I see on the news or in social media is an accurate representation of what refugees are and how they behave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    So you're saying that the child rapes didn't happen at all? That it's just all a product of media manipulation? Did you visit these any of these camps yourself? You're actually the one being controlled by the media, luv. I'd say Torched is sane enough to care about his own safety by not letting random people live in his household. You are the one being brainwashed.
    Personally no, but I have a close personal friend who goes to Calais regularly to deliver aid and help the refugees build adequate shelters. I'll take his word for it over some bullshit Chinese whispers on Facebook and politically biased news reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I deal with horrible shit everyday in my line of work (Firefighter), going to one of these camps would have almost no effect on me.
    And no the media has very little affect on me when it comes to this.

EDIT: The husband of my sister is from Syria, he has told me shit that would make your spine crawl.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    At the end of the day, you're welcome to believe what you want about refugees. It has zero effect on my own life.
    I just hope that if your country ever becomes rocked by civil war, and you are forced to flee with your family to another part of the world in order to protect the lives of your loved ones, you are the first to be turned away.

At the end of the day, you're welcome to believe what you want about refugees. It has zero effect on my own life.
    I just hope that if your country ever becomes rocked by civil war, and you are forced to flee with your family to another part of the world in order to protect the lives of your loved ones, you are the first to be turned away.
    I'd say that right now this post deserves an infraction, but since you're pro-refugees Biasendus won't do shit about it. It's like you wished him cancer

Let's take in even more people from a group that is already largely overrepresented in every type of violent crime, mostly illiterates in their own language, and that also lack not even the will to integrate, but the intellectual capacity to do so...