Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Misleading title with an obvious bitter, biased undertone by the streamer

Good luck getting elixir of ancient knowledge these days. Farmed for one for about 3 hours last night. Killed 40+ rares in Nagrand, didnt even get a partially digested bag for a chance at one. Decided to try and realm hop for the rare in Pandaland. Killed him one time in about 45min since he's savagely camped on every server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Misleading title with an obvious bitter, biased undertone by the streamer
    How is this a "misleading title" please enlighten me.

And? Been doing this for ages, the more exp bonus items/gear they give, it just gets faster to level. You guys make it sound like its a new discovery <_<

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Whole point is... this shouldnt be possible no matter what.
    Why? A new player is not going to have full looms. Nor will they be familiar enough to use all the necessary tricks to gain as much XP as quickly as possible.

So he made a video to demonstrate HE can level to 100 is such a short time. If all you are interested is getting to end game as quickly as possible, you can. If you want to play the game, you play the game at the pace you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    How is this a "misleading title" please enlighten me.
    Title says no RAF.....they used the RAF xp bonus, they just didn't use the free levels.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Isn't Sodapoppin that guy who cheated on stream and used his fanbase to get Blizzard to unban him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Isn't Sodapoppin that guy who cheated on stream and used his fanbase to get Blizzard to unban him?
    Yup he also plays on illegal servers and advertises them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sure, blame Blizzard for being lax on enforcing their rules. That's fair. But it's still the players acting like assholes, choosing to act that way. Plenty of people act like decent human beings knowing the rules are as lax as they are. Why can't we expect everyone to act that way?
    The problem is that with the Internet and anonymity the less moderation you have the more people are going to act like douche bags. It's going to happen, it's inevitable, the Internet isn't all of a sudden going to mature over night. So the most effective responsibility falls on the moderators.

Deleted
    So spend 200k gold on potions. In EU that's 2.5 token sales. Thats £37.50

Let's forget the RAF bonus and say 1-100 in 7 hours. Time investment

I can buy a boost from blizzard for £40? Not sure on price haven't looked in while. I get a level 3 garrison, 500g and 640 ilvl. This takes all of 5 minutes.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Yup he also plays on illegal servers and advertises them.
    Thanks! I'll be sure not to watch any of his videos. I saw him in my Recommended videos and was wary, but now I am properly against him.

I can eaasily 1-100 a character in under a minute.. all i have to do is boost it...

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Thanks! I'll be sure not to watch any of his videos. I saw him in my Recommended videos and was wary, but now I am properly against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    The problem is that with the Internet and anonymity the less moderation you have the more people are going to act like douche bags. It's going to happen, it's inevitable, the Internet isn't all of a sudden going to mature over night. So the most effective responsibility falls on the moderators.
    Responsibility to enforce the rules yes, but they're not accountable for the anonymous douchebags and their shitty behavior.

I understand the issue; people are assholes, internet anonymity lets them be assholes with very little, if any, repercussions. The solution for keeping a community "clean" is to enforce the rules, but the rule enforcers are not responsible for making sure everyone acts like a decent human being, they're only responsible for taking action against those who do act like assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Responsibility to enforce the rules yes, but they're not accountable for the anonymous douchebags and their shitty behavior.

I understand the issue; people are assholes, internet anonymity lets them be assholes with very little, if any, repercussions. The solution for keeping a community "clean" is to enforce the rules, but the rule enforcers are not responsible for making sure everyone acts like a decent human being, they're only responsible for taking action against those who do act like assholes.
    True it's just that as one goes up the other goes down. The more moderation is done the less douchebags you encounter and vice versa. Take for example two image board websites: imgur and 4chan. Yes I know I am using extremes here, but that is my point. Imgur uses very strict moderation and hence douche bags are not nearly as prominent whereas 4chan is about one step above let's not get ourselves arrested level of moderation and thus the site is a complete shithole.

what ist he point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are an experienced player, and you used heirlooms.
    Leveling if other players let it be that can be an opportunity for players new to a class, or new to the game to gain experience with their class toolkit gradually.
    You are a player who is not in need of that, hence why it is "boring" and something you cant see the need for.

The boost exists because the levelling process is not going to be universally appealing to everyone, even if you discount the significant impact that other players can have on it.
    Experience doesn´t matter.

Example: The 11y daughter of my ex gf had no problem to level her character and do "decent" in dungeons. Even her younger sister could "play". It´s piss easy. Besides, this argument doesn´t hold up when you consider that a player with years of experience, should be able to tell the difference. I can, and you?

New players have no chance to learn their class, no chance to learn how to play their class. Even when they stay on the rail road, the will end up hitting a HUGE WALL of you want to really raid? Learn to play. By that point most will quit. This is why raid guilds of ten+ years are dying out, there is no new blood anymore.

You can twist it around as much as you want. WoW now is a fucking joke. Leveling is a joke, dungeons are a joke, group content is a joke. There is only a selfish attiude left by game design, a few in the middle who still clinge to their guilds and are lucky, and even fewer progress raid guilds, who once were the pinacle and an inspiration for new players. "Oh look at that..i want that".

The boost exists because Blizzards makes money of it. Nothing more and nothing less. Their leveling system is so buttfuck boring now that they made a boost for it. There is only one currency in an MMO, it´s time, so this is a pay to win method. THe current state of the game and people defending that shit, despite lacking any logic or intelligence reflects that.
    Last edited by cirdanx; 2016-04-21 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    True it's just that as one goes up the other goes down. The more moderation is done the less douchebags you encounter and vice versa. Take for example two image board websites: imgur and 4chan. Yes I know I am using extremes here, but that is my point. Imgur uses very strict moderation and hence douche bags are not nearly as prominent whereas 4chan is about one step above let's not get ourselves arrested level of moderation and thus the site is a complete shithole.
    I agree with you. But the only thing 4chan is guilty of in this scenario is having little or no moderation, they're not their users, they just allow their users to thrive in that shithole. WoW has the same issue, but as I said, it's not Blizzard's fault their users are assholes, but it is their fault that those assholes get away with being assholes rather than be punished for their assholery. Hold them accountable for what you can hold them responsible for, make them do their job, but don't blame them for the community being full of assholes because they didn't create them, they're just not doing anything (or very much anyway) to keep/ stop them from being assholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    He did raf, and 2x 300% pots, + looms.

Thats 960? % xp bonus.

Obviously its gonna go fast.
    Thats not a point. Just thing that game allows you this is plant wrong.

They might as well remove leveling at this point.