Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Except decent website design, apparently.
    I'd like to see you present such information dense stuff in such an efficient manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    instead of education, housing, healthcare, infrastructure and mental health.
    How come you never apply the same requirements of achievement to your beloved Russia as you do to the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    To put it in WoW parlance, you don't play the game as a hunter the same way you do as an arms warrior.
    You obviously never saw my hunter melee skills. Raptor Strike. Wing Clip. Wing Clip. Wing Clip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How come you never apply the same requirements of achievement to your beloved Russia as you do to the US?
    Cos Russia can't afford it, he can't lose face
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

You obviously never saw my hunter melee skills. Raptor Strike. Wing Clip. Wing Clip. Wing Clip.
    Lol

I also forget. We're going into Legion... Age of the Survival Melee Hunter. Flying Spaghetti Monster help us all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Cos Russia can't afford it, he can't lose face
    No you don't understand. WE"RE THE ONES THAT ARE WRONG.

You see, Russia's 64 year life expectancy for males is in fact middle-and-rich income world leading! It scores like golf.

Praise be to Putin!

Deleted
    I'd like to see you present such information dense stuff in such an efficient manner.
    I guess this is a jab at the failure with the healthcare website

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to when Russia doesn't present itself the way the US does...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice hopefully the new ones will come with some cool modernization, like updates to the computers or laser cannons or something

- - - Updated - - -

You see, Russia's 64 year life expectancy for males is in fact middle-and-rich income world leading! It scores like golf.
    In fairness, your population dying just after they hit retirement is great from a purely economic pov :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Doesn't America already have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world has combined? Maybe martians are invading and that's why they need more f-22s.
    More everything and we outspend the next 20 nations combined 19 are allies. People love to bitch about minimum wage being raised or health care meanwhile we spend billions on tank, aircraft and ships that we don't use or need.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the end it's all about tactics and having pilots trained to make the most of what they're flying. I'd think video game players would understand this especially. To put it in WoW parlance, you don't play the game as a hunter the same way you do as an arms warrior. It's silly to say that in this context, but it's the same principle.
    I think a better example is that a classes performance in a duel isn't indicative of it's raiding performance, I mean the F-22 may have been "killed" by pretty much every fighter it's been in exercises with but you will never ever see a real life engagement where a single F-22 dogfights with a bunch of F-16's or the like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I'm not American so I don't really understand. Do the majority of US citizens usually agree with this sort of military spending when it could otherwise go into providing free health care or education or something?
    Yes. A strong US military is more important than shoddy "free" services that will raise my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Yes. A strong US military is more important than shoddy "free" services that will raise my taxes.
    I think perhaps the problem is our definition of "strong" is a bit too strong, and our obsession with "more more more" has become a bit absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I think perhaps the problem is our definition of "strong" is a bit too strong, and our obsession with "more more more" has become a bit absurd.
    Why offer public healthcare and free education, when you can spend all that on more useless warplanes you don't need for anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why offer public healthcare and free education, when you can spend all that on more useless warplanes you don't need for anything
    Except we spend more on healthcare and education than defense spending but don't let facts get in the way of your tirade

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Except we spend more on healthcare and education than defense spending but don't let facts get in the way of your tirade
    And how's that working out for you? Your healthcare and education systems are a laugh compared to much of the other western nations. Where is all this money going to? Politicians or insurance companies pockets?

Deleted
    Nah not soon. Not for decades. If ever. Why? What happens when the otherside finds ways to so comprehensively jam your drones or fool your AI-flown planes that they're useless?

This concept you mention was in vogue a few years back, mostly for cost reasons. But the past few years have seen China and Russia surge ahead in Electronic Warfare and Cyberwarfare.
    As i understand it, next gen fighter craft might be hybrids. Robots/Remote controlled/Piloted. In a task like the current in Syria for example, you could probably safely use drones. Unless future third world rebels somehow can get their hands on sophisticated EW gear.
    But how do you contaminate a robot with virus if you simply shut down any downlinks and let it operate on its own in danger zone? Probably still sci fi though.

We have been carpet bombed by commercials from Boeing's Super Hornet recently btw. Pretty funny they aim their campaign directly at the citizens - first time i've seen commercials for Fighter planes in the newspapers.

http://superhornet.dk/
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2016-04-21 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    And how's that working out for you? Your healthcare and education systems are a laugh compared to much of the other western nations. Where is all this money going to? Politicians or insurance companies pockets?
    I got a great education both pre-university and university and my health insurance is fine. So I'd say it's working out great for me!

Continue onward with your irrelevant rant, however.

Deleted
    Didn't China try to copy this plane recently? Only their version was friggin' HUGE!

I remember seeing images of the F22 concept once. That was the sweetest looking plane I have ever seen.

I got a great education both pre-university and university and my health insurance is fine. So I'd say it's working out great for me!

Irrelevant anecdote. I ment the people in your country, not you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that's there's always money for jets and aircraft carriers...but none for bridges
    Or healthcare, or education, or helping the poor.

Although an interesting aside, the same people who want to increase our military also want to lower our education spending. And abolish the Department of Education altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I'm not American so I don't really understand. Do the majority of US citizens usually agree with this sort of military spending when it could otherwise go into providing free health care or education or something?
    More money goes into govt heathcare and education already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Although an interesting aside, the same people who want to increase our military also want to lower our education spending. And abolish the Department of Education altogether.
    I'm for increased military spending and not lowering education spending.

Although I am for abolishing the dept of education