10+ Year Old Account

Something weird is happening with my computer

When i play some games...i get that BZZZZZZZ sound and if i press ESC to pause the game its gone instantly.
    It starts slow.. but then it gets louder and louder.
    It seems to affect pretty much every game on computer.

I have no idea how to fix it. Reinstalling sound drivers, rollback and other sound driver related stuff doesnt work. Does any1 know what could cause this in windows?

It mostly happens when i move my mouse on a top left of the screen.

Using those:

Genius SP-HF500A

I even updated the drivers just for that device...but same happens.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you connecting those to your frontal panel? Or mobo's plug?

Do you have a wired mouse? I've seen a faulty speaker cord/connection getting moved around by the mouse cord when you move your mouse around. You could try experimenting with moving the speaker wires around in the back and seeing if you can replicate it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Are you connecting those to your frontal panel? Or mobo's plug?
    From behind a computer, directly into mobo. (Green for sound)

Downloaded this program...hopefully it fixes the problem:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Do you have a wired mouse? I've seen a faulty speaker cord/connection getting moved around by the mouse cord when you move your mouse around. You could try experimenting with moving the speaker wires around in the back and seeing if you can replicate it that way.
    Nah mouse cable is up, while sound one is down. It only hits the monitor cable.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2016-04-21 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were connecting to a frontal panel I'd say that you had some escaping current going into the plug, but since it's connected to the mobo it shouldn't be doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were connecting to a frontal panel I'd say that you had some escaping current going into the plug, but since it's connected to the mobo it shouldn't be doing it.
    It could also be dust. Havent cleaned up the old computer for some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It could also be dust. Havent cleaned up the old computer for some time now.
    If it only happens when gaming it's unlikely that it's dust. Also doesn't seem to be software related, updating your drivers most likely won't change anything.

Does it also happen when playing music, movies or any software with audio?

Have you tried different speakers or headphones?

If it only happens when gaming it's unlikely that it's dust. Also doesn't seem to be software related, updating your drivers most likely won't change anything.
    That's what I was thinking too, but I also have no other ideas, other than a loose/faulty cable going from the PC to the speaker. Otherwise, my only other thought is something is wrong with the motherboard itself, causing interference. Perhaps a getting a DAC and plugging the speakers in to that with it plugged in to USB and avoiding the audio jacks on the motherboard could solve the issue. Or perhaps if you have a set of USB headphones around, or a pair that could be borrowed, you could see if that is indeed the problem. I find it pretty unlikely, but it is a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Does it also happen when playing music, movies or any software with audio?

Have you tried different speakers or headphones?
    No just games. Thats why i find it strange. I am updating pretty much every driver in system right now. Maybe it will fix the problem.
    One thing that comes to my mind is that grafic and sound driver are not working well together.

No just games. Thats why i find it strange. I am updating pretty much every driver in system right now. Maybe it will fix the problem.
    One thing that comes to my mind is that grafic and sound driver are not working well together.
    I still find it more likely that there is some interference on the motherboard. You are likely right that it is due to the heavy GPU usage during gaming causing that electrical interference though, since it only happens when the GPU is being stressed. But I can't think of a situation where software could cause a buzzing sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it only happens when playing games some current destined to your graphic's card is escaping to the plug, the same happens with my frontal panel. I can "hear" when my GPU is doing something, it's actually fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it only happens when playing games some current destined to your graphic's card is escaping to the plug, the same happens with my frontal panel. I can "hear" when my GPU is doing something, it's actually fascinating.
    Maybe some cable on a motherboard..could be that. But main problem is its not easy to recreate..it just happens.

Maybe some cable on a motherboard..could be that. But main problem is its not easy to recreate..it just happens.
    Which is all the more reason it makes sense that it's hardware.

Does your PC have audio jacks on the front panel? If so have you tried using them? Do you have a USB Headset that you could use for a while and see if the problem is there as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Which is all the more reason it makes sense that it's hardware.

Does your PC have audio jacks on the front panel? If so have you tried using them? Do you have a USB Headset that you could use for a while and see if the problem is there as well?
    Nope...i do have 2 ubs slots infront of computer tho. But i dont own a usb headset (only some old one that uses a cable), so i cant realy check.

Nope...i do have 2 ubs slots infront of computer tho. But i dont own a usb headset (only some old one that uses a cable), so i cant realy check.
    How old is your Motherboard? If is within warranty, I would contact the manufacturer and let them know about the issue and try to get an RMA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    How old is your Motherboard? If is within warranty, I would contact the manufacturer and let them know about the issue and try to get an RMA.
    Its pretty new..1.5 year old since i replaced the old one. It was on servis. (old one was to old and it burned)
    Usualy i replace some parts from time to time. (mostly just used up vents or power) With the exeption of a hard drive, i replaced everything in that computer. (i have suspision that a hard drive is causing problem)
    I also moved all cabels a bit.

Its pretty new..1.5 year old since i replaced the old one. It was on servis. (old one was to old and it burned)
    Usualy i replace some parts from time to time. (mostly just used up vents or power) With the exeption of a hard drive, i replaced everything in that computer. (i have suspision that a hard drive is causing problem)
    I also moved all cabels a bit.
    Most hardware has a 3-year warranty, I would call the manufacturer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to figure out the problem.
    On computer somehow the old driver from previos video card managed to enable itself back (imposible to delete).
    I disabled it and a problem stopped. Driver was hidden and i had to enable option to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

Those 2 drivers were in conflict. I disabled the upper one and the bzzz sound stopped for now. (if i disable lower one i have no sound at all)

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...dio-stuttering

Its not like i even put my computer into a tv screen.