Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

New stats panel (character interface), oversimplified?

Okay, so we've all seen the new stats panel for the character interface that was introduced in the alpha patch today. If you don't know what it looks like after it was updated: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...wStatsPane.jpg

Now, the question I'm asking is, do you think the panel is oversimplified? For example, the only stats that show are crit/haste/mastery/vers, and on the official forums a blue post stated that we will not have the option to see the other attributes unless our weapon specifically has them on it.

Basically, we don't have access to any other attributes that we would normally see, like tanks can't see their defensive stats other than stamina. Tertiary stats haven't been commented on. The point of simplifying the panel was to make it easier for new players to see what they have in terms of stats, but as stated before, other stats that we have aren't going to be shown, and we will not have the option to show them.

Do you think we should have an advanced option as an addition to this panel, or do you think it's okay to leave out certain stats?

Blue post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743314303 the two posts are on the first and second page of this forum.

Keep in mind, the new panel looks pretty damn awesome in terms of aesthetic, but that isn't the issue that I'm trying to address here.

Edit: Adding my view on this. I believe that we should have the option to choose which panel we want to use. For example, if I liked the structure of the old one, I'd like the option to use it. Obviously this new panel is awesome as well, and if they add more attributes like weapon speed I'll be using it (it's most likely not done), but having the option to use either one is what I believe would benefit everyone, rather than benefit some.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-23 at 05:13 PM.

Yes, it's oversimplified and there was literally no reason to change it. Don't fix shit that's not broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i dont really care about my spirit on my dk or warrior so i wouldnt call it simplifying as much as making it smarter or more relevant. would be nice to have it only show relevant secondaries per spec too, or at least highlight them or put them at the top of the list.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems like it will only show the stats you need to see. TBH I don't really need to see how much INT my hunter has

Have you ever seen the Vanilla stat panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Have you ever seen the Vanilla stat panel?
    Yeah, but we now have tertiary stats as well as different secondary stats. We aren't in vanilla anymore, I'd personally like to see all of my stats so I know what I need to get rid of or improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah, but we now have tertiary stats as well as different secondary stats. We aren't in vanilla anymore, I'd personally like to see all of my stats so I know what I need to get rid of or improve on.
    Blue post say's Tertiary stats will appear if you have any on your gear. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-stats-window/

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly preferred the old one...
    Oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    This one time I will agree, oversimplified the character sheet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I actually like it. Only thing I would like to see added, if anything; is movement speed. Other than that, I approve!

It really doesn't help that they picked a dps class to show the new stat screen. They should have picked a tank or healer spec to show that it still shows defensive stats or spirit for example.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like it, I hated all the clutter of stats that my characters didn't have or use.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It really doesn't help that they picked a dps class to show the new stat screen. They should have picked a tank or healer spec to show that it still shows defensive stats or spirit for example.
    Not sure about that yet, I'm positive it'll work that way (why wouldn't it?) but there's still stats missing either way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad, but I would like it to show movement speed at least.

So, it sounds like if the stat is on your gear, it will show up. Your character doesn't have something like haste or mastery innately. It comes from gear. If it doesn't show up, you don't have it.

I like the new one better.

Are those the only stats that show because those are the only stats the Mage has? The blue says tertiary stats only show up if you have any, which makes me wonder if the same applies to the others like parry

15+ Year Old Account
    It should be an option "Show advanced character interface" that defaults off. That way new players / normal people can have the new simple version and other people can use the old version.

Everybody wins.

Why do they consistently go for the approach where one group of players lose out when there is an alternative where everybody could be happy?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not sure about that yet, I'm positive it'll work that way (why wouldn't it?) but there's still stats missing either way.
    Because your dodge is no longer something you get directly from stats like Dodge Rating, so you don't need to see it! Trust Blizzard, they'll handle all the pesky little details behind the scenes so that you don't have to hurt your head trying to think while playing their game!

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely looks neat, but I would like to have more options available, not sure what it is Blizzard has against customizability.