Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    all of their optional services are double the price they should be.

now as far as mounts and pets, i get it, you wanna jack the price up and give a portion to the kids with cancer. i like that.

but race change, faction change, name change should never cost more than $15.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Customization at character creation yes, not halfway through the game when you changed your mind and decided you're suddenly a yellow skinned female elf instead of a green skinned male orc.
    So that's not okay, but it is okay to decide halfway through the game that you want to be a square-jawed, big-nosed blue-eyed human instead of a tiny-jawed, tiny-nosed green-eyed human?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Also isn't making a whole backstory and sticking to it rp? So changing ones toons looks completely kinda throws that out the window. Rp wise wouldn't it make more sense to make a new toon and at most say it is the son/daughter of the original? Using rp as an excuse for this and then throwing out ones toons backstory is a complete contradiction.
    That's okay and usually how I roll. I create a character ONCE and then that appearance is final.

It stops being okay when the game dev starts to mess with your character, botches the work and then expects you to PAY RL MONEY to chose a texture where your character doesn't look like a hungover drug addict. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I don't RP
    You used rp as a reason to need this. So what are you talking about now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That's okay and usually how I roll. I create a character ONCE and then that appearance is final.

It stops being okay when the game dev starts to mess with your character, botches the work and then expects you to PAY RL MONEY to chose a texture where your character doesn't look like a hungover drug addict. >.<
    Now that is just complaining about the new art work. Agreed wasn't a big fan but can't we choose to not use it?

Deleted
    So that's not okay, but it is okay to decide halfway through the game that you want to be a square-jawed, big-nosed blue-eyed human instead of a tiny-jawed, tiny-nosed green-eyed human?
    You're exaggerating facial changes. The biggest difference is generally how old the face looks, which makes sense from an RP perspective. Eye-color changes are iffy, I agree, but it's not breaking immersion.

Changing from a 6ft8 300lbs green orc to a 5ft4 145lbs purple/yellow elf isn't the same. Even you have to acknowledge that.

And you did cite RP reasons to justify your irrational rant, so don't dismiss them now. It just makes you look bad.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-04-22 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a job, OP. Maybe it won't hurt as much to pay for the service then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that is just complaining about the new art work. Agreed wasn't a big fan but can't we choose to not use it?
    It's not complaining about "art". It is complaining about them doing a half assed, shoddy job and missing their personally set goal of "your character in HD" by MILES.

How the dark skinned female Draenei andt heir retarded facial animations ever got through QA is completely beyond my understanding.

BTW I cannot "choose" to keep my old Draenei and still enjoy the good new models like the male dwarf. It's either "accept the botched one or stay in 2006".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    youmake the above changes an youll see a change and not a change youd like
    "You think you do, but you don't." Do you work for Blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    all of their optional services are double the price they should be.

now as far as mounts and pets, i get it, you wanna jack the price up and give a portion to the kids with cancer. i like that.

but race change, faction change, name change should never cost more than $15.
    The price point is arbitrary as for the OP even €1 will be a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    "You think you do, but you don't." Do you work for Blizzard?
    I think its pretty clear if you cut a fair amount of income from a product, the product quality drops, regardless its current state.

I can't imagine anyone liking the game more if it gets into a worse state ......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I think its pretty clear if you cut a fair amount of income from a product, the product quality drops, regardless its current state.

I can't imagine anyone liking the game more if it gets into a worse state ......
    At the very least the loss of a revenue stream that did not significantly impact the cost structure will lead to cost savings impacting other aspects of the game, and probably to a bigger extent than the lost revenue from the ancillary products.

But that's still an assumption, albeit a likely one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking about this a bit, I do think it is overpriced today. It's not a huge issue for me, but... If they lowered their prices on race change and appearance change isn't there a possibility that more players would use those services? Hell, it might even be a lot more that would pay for them - resulting in Blizzard making more money off of it than they do today.

Just a thought.

Deleted
    Yep, now it is.
    I believe almost every race can only change skin colors exclusively to that thing.
    They should just put everything onto the barber and get rid of it, no point in holding on to it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not complaining about "art". It is complaining about them doing a half assed, shoddy job and missing their personally set goal of "your character in HD" by MILES.

How the dark skinned female Draenei andt heir retarded facial animations ever got through QA is completely beyond my understanding.

BTW I cannot "choose" to keep my old Draenei and still enjoy the good new models like the male dwarf. It's either "accept the botched one or stay in 2006".
    I personally wasn't a fan of any of the new art work and thus went back to the original looks. To waste so much time and development on this art work when it wasn't really needed and on top of it being bad is pretty sad. That was the excuse for the long delay for wod and or ably why the lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're exaggerating facial changes. The biggest difference is generally how old the face looks, which makes sense from an RP perspective. Eye-color changes are iffy, I agree, but it's not breaking immersion.

Changing from a 6ft8 300lbs green orc to a 5ft4 145lbs purple/yellow elf isn't the same. Even you have to acknowledge that.

And you did cite RP reasons to justify your irrational rant, so don't dismiss them now. It just makes you look bad.
    What? Where did I ever cite RP reasons? Wanting your character to look different = RP?

Maybe you change your mind later on? And customization in an RPG is pretty important
    Is this not you citing rp as a reason or are you now trolling us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    I've been thinking about this a bit, I do think it is overpriced today. It's not a huge issue for me, but... If they lowered their prices on race change and appearance change isn't there a possibility that more players would use those services? Hell, it might even be a lot more that would pay for them - resulting in Blizzard making more money off of it than they do today.

Just a thought.
    Depends if they measured the price elasticity for these kind of services. I imagine that the margin is fairly high, though I have no idea how high. Let's run some scenarios with a fictitious €20 service:

Price Price Decrease 30% 40% 50% 60% 70%
    19 -5% +20% +14.3% +11.1% +9.1% +7.7%
    18 -10% +50% +33.3% +25.0% +20.0% +16.7%
    17 -15% +100% +60% +42.9% +33.3% +27.3%
    16 -20% +200% +100% +66.7% +50.0% +40.0%
    15 -25% +500% +166.7% +100% +71.4% +55.6%
    14 -30% Loss +300% +150% +100% +75%
    13 -35% Loss Loss +233.3% +140% +100%
    12 -40% Loss Loss +400% +200% +133.3%
    11 -45% Loss Loss Loss +300% +180%

Row 1, column 3-7 are different gross margin ratios. The value indicated in the table is the extra volume required to break-even with the original starting point of a €20 service for a given gross margin and a given price reduction.

Don't think for a second that Blizzard is not approaching it like this. Most people have no clue how big of an impact price drops have out of your own margin, especially if margins are on the low end of the scale.

That's not even factoring in an economical application of the Weber-Fechner law where a -5% in a €20 price range is less salient than a -5% for a €2000 price range, and thus will not trigger a similar volume uptake.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-04-22 at 12:58 PM.

Is this not you citing rp as a reason or are you now trolling us?
    Once again, how is wanting your character to look different RP? Just because I don't RP doesn't mean I don't care what my character looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFawfull View Post
    All of the in-game services are a ripoff.
    I tried to find a counter-example, and failed.

There is nothing wrong with providing a service for money. If it's a service you don't want, don't buy it. Some might. Its existence is not a problem, as long it's not mandatory. Which it isn't.

Once again, how is wanting your character to look different RP? Just because I don't RP doesn't mean I don't care what my character looks like.
    I am not calling it that but you used it as a reason for wanting it did you not? Then you claim you don't rp or said it so which is it?
    Talking out of both sides of your mouth makes your point you are trying to make look real bad