Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post

"*I was told by someone (it is a legit source) who had contributed to the translation of the movie to Czech language that according to the dialogue script, there is no indication of Garona and Lothar romantic relationship whatsoever. Apparently, the marketing team basically took few scenes out of context and gave us an impression of something that is actually not there."

If this is true... holy shit.
    I'm kinda happy about this tbh if it's true. I hate (forced) romances in movies.
    Another surprise for the average movie goer going to see Warcraft, I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    No way...you have got to be kidding me.....if this is indeed true then this marketing team is one of the worst I have ever seen for a big budget summer blockbuster. Like...at what point does this stop being bad marketing and becomes sabotage?
    Lol relax. The general audience hardly gives a shit about romance. In fact, it's a way to pull in the female audience. Dont see what the fuss is about tbh, that entire trailer was aimed at the ga? warcraft fans are never satisfied. not unless you show thrall or lich king. We are hardcore fans, most arent.

Deleted
    No way...you have got to be kidding me.....if this is indeed true then this marketing team is one of the worst I have ever seen for a big budget summer blockbuster. Like...at what point does this stop being bad marketing and becomes sabotage?
    But it does beg the question... In what context is the line "We'll protect the kingdom, you and I' stated in. Is it even said to Garona? Anyway why are they standing so close, holding hands and looking at eachother intensely mean if not some kind of relation. Maybe she was comforting him after his son dies but it's not that out of context. There is still some relation going on, friends or more.

Maybe we immediatly assumed there was some romance involved... but you have to be fair that the scenes, which are all in one location, do suggest some feelings or something. Garona has to get on the Alliance's good side anyway to be trusted with the king, only to kill him later so wether it's romantic or just being best friends the story stay the same.

Perhaps he is saying "We'll protect the Kingdom...you and I" to Khadghar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    But it does beg the question... In what context is the line "We'll protect the kingdom, you and I' stated in. Is it even said to Garona? Anyway why are they standing so close, holding hands and looking at eachother intensely mean if not some kind of relation. Maybe she was comforting him after his son dies but it's not that out of context. There is still some relation going on, friends or more.

Maybe we immediatly assumed there was some romance involved... but you have to be fair that the scenes, which are all in one location, do suggest some feelings or something. Garona has to get on the Alliance's good side anyway to be trusted with the king, only to kill him later so wether it's romantic or just being best friends the story stay the same.
    Could be just clever editing. Trailers do that, mislead on purpose.
    Btw does anyone know the logic behind the release dates. For some reason Sweden, Denmark and Norway (along with rest of Europe) get this movie somewhere around 25th to 1st of May/June but lil' ol' finland gets it 10th of June with USA. Wtf ?!? XD so trol

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Could be just clever editing. Trailers do that, mislead on purpose.
    Btw does anyone know the logic behind the release dates. For some reason Sweden, Denmark and Norway (along with rest of Europe) get this movie somewhere around 25th to 1st of May/June but lil' ol' finland gets it 10th of June with USA. Wtf ?!? XD so trol
    No idea why they are doing it, but it can only benefit the movie. If it's good, it'll allow for good reviews and word of mouth to spread before it's released in the other countries.

For some reason Sweden, Denmark and Norway (along with rest of Europe) get this movie somewhere around 25th to 1st of May/June but lil' ol' finland gets it 10th of June with USA. Wtf ?!? XD so trol
    Paragon quit raiding and Blizzard punishing 'em.

They probably do this because of the UEFA EURO 2016 in France this year. (starts 10th June)

And finland is basically just snow and ice, who lives there anyway .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No idea why they are doing it, but it can only benefit the movie. If it's good, it'll allow for good reviews and word of mouth to spread before it's released in the other countries.
    And if it's bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    And if it's bad?
    Then it can't hurt it more than these trailers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They probably do this because of the UEFA EURO 2016 in France this year. (starts 10th June)

And finland is basically just snow and ice, who lives there anyway .
    They leave out Finland and include every other nordic country They too are just snow and ice.

Although football isn't very popular here so I guess that might be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTigre View Post
    Lol relax. The general audience hardly gives a shit about romance. In fact, it's a way to pull in the female audience. Dont see what the fuss is about tbh, that entire trailer was aimed at the ga? warcraft fans are never satisfied. not unless you show thrall or lich king. We are hardcore fans, most arent.
    No, it is never a good idea to confuse the audience and purposefully make them believe something will happen in the film when it won't.

Deleted
    No, it is never a good idea to confuse the audience and purposefully make them believe something will happen in the film when it won't.
    What else do we know from this Croatian dubbing studio? If it's not romance then what IS it... Might be something not too far from it. We need more information tbh before we can argue and yell about stuff.

What else do we know from this Croatian dubbing studio? If it's not romance then what IS it... Might be something not too far from it. We need more information tbh before we can argue and yell about stuff.
    Yeah, it is best to wait and see but man I wouldn't put it past the marketing team who thought putting Prodigy music in a trailer was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marketing is trying to make their own movie using the movies material. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    If someone knows this guy, ask him things that were in the leak and see what he says about it since u guys said hes legit.

i still cant access SoLs website

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no logic. It's just an American movie studio being shortsighted and clueless. It actually happens all the time with all sorts of things, most of the time physical items though. It's the fact that we are so secluded from the other European countries that the shipping times and distances are bigger. Maybe it's also a mental thing to group us more likely with Eastern European countries and Russia rather than Scandinavia and Western Europe.

Maybe Finnish marketing contacts could be to blame as well?

They leave out Finland and include every other nordic country They too are just snow and ice.

Although football isn't very popular here so I guess that might be the reason.
    Denmark isn't snow and ice, it's rain and mud. At least the region I live in

Deleted
    The early european release with consequent good reviews (hopefully) is our last chance for the movie to be a success in the USA.

Anyway, looks like in US the trailer 2 is the dupstep one, while in Europe the trailer 2 is the International Trailer.

There is a "sneak preview" with random not yet released movies in my cinema every week, I think I'm going to book some tickets for the next weeks .