Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Latino Voters Want to Vote in This Election Just to Take Down Donald Trump

A new survey found that 41% of Latino voters say they are motivated to vote in the 2016 election just to "stop Trump" and fight his anti-immigrant/Latino rhetoric.

Political opinion research group Latino Decisions recently published a survey of 2,200 registered Latino voters about the 2016 presidential election. On a scale of 1 to 10, with "1" being the most anti-immigrant someone could be, 71% of respondents gave Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump a 1.

Trump's rhetoric has fueled more than just racist hate: 48% of respondents said they were "more enthusiastic about voting in 2016" than they were in 2012.

Latinos don't only despise Trump — he's also causing a large majority of those surveyed to run away from the Republican Party.

Of those surveyed, 87% held either unfavorable or very unfavorable views of him, while 78% also said they were "somewhat less" or "much less" likely to vote Republican in the fall.

Sen. Ted Cruz did not get much love, either.

Overall, 52% of Latinos held either "unfavorable" or "very unfavorable" views of the Texas senator. Cruz's shaky ground with Latinos was evident during his campaign stop in the Bronx before the April 19 New York primary, when residents booed him and told him to "Get out of the Bronx!"

While Trump's rhetoric is fueling many Latinos to vote, it's also fueling immigrants to get naturalized — so they can vote against him.

According to the New York Times, fed-up Latino immigrants are registering to become citizens to help block Trump's chances of entering the White House. Given that there are a record number of Latinos — almost half of which are millennials — voting this election, things don't look good for the Donald with this voting bloc

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latino-vo...142000274.html
    It's pretty scary when a whole demographic of people are planning on taking you down. How does anyone think Trump stands even a slight a chance of winning?

10+ Year Old Account
    People are motivated to vote against a political candidate who's rhetoric and platform works against their interests. News at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? People vote for what can possibly be in their interests? What a shoooocckkkkk............

This guy has a Spanish nickname, "Payaso Naranja." It means Orange Clown, and that really tells you most of what you need to know about how latinos feel about Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    How does anyone think Trump stands even a slight a chance of winning?
    Echo chambers and delusions.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This guy has a Spanish nickname, "Payaso Naranja." It means Orange Clown, and that really tells you most of what you need to know about how latinos feel about Trump.
    You don't know how Latinos feel. Most intelligent Hispanic people wouldn't even refer to themselves as Latino it's a dirty word for poor ignorant people.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-04-22 at 06:07 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they have their citizenship, they can feel free to. More voters the better, helps Democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty scary when a whole demographic of people are planning on taking you down. How does anyone think Trump stands even a slight a chance of winning?
    It's pretty scary when mass amounts of people ignore context.

Anti-Illegal Immigrants.

Key word: Illegal.

Trump has said numerous times he is fine with normal immigrants who obey the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You don't know how lations feel. Most intelligent Hispanic people wouldn't even refer to themselves as Latino it's a dirty word for poor ignorant people.
    Yeah, I can't say I really know what a 'lation' is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Anti-Illegal Immigrants.

Trump has said numerous times he is fine with normal immigrants who obey the rules.

Such quotes doesn't help him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You don't know how lations feel. Most intelligent Hispanic people wouldn't even refer to themselves as Latino it's a dirty word for poor ignorant people.
    Um, no? My whole step-family is from Colombia and happily identify as Latino. They're generally well educated and middle to upper middle class. This is true of the majority of my Latino coworkers as well. My ex-girlfriend, from Argentina, and her parents all called themselves "latinos." I've never heard them refer to themselves as "hispanic."

They certainly don't identify as "lations" though. Sounds a lot like "lotions."
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-04-22 at 06:12 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account

Indeed. As the average voter doesn't look deeper into the message and instead picks up little things.

For example: The deal about asking the hypothetical question about abortion.

"OH MAH GOD TRUMP WANTS TO PUNISH WOMEN WHO GET ABORTIONZ"

Uh..no, he said if it was made illegal, which he has no interest in making illegal.

When has Trump ever said he's Anti-Immigration? He's Anti-Illegal immigration. As every American should be. "Anti-Immigration policy" Give me a fucking break. Illegal-immigration is wrong and needs to be stopped. The legal path to live in this country needs to be greatly improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    The term Latino, when applied to Hispanics, is wrong, it's a french delusions of grandeur thing.

Trump is basically unelectable, my gf (Hispanic Texan) wouldn't ever vote for the guy and she is very right wing. And like her thousands and thousands of Hispanics. If it's finally Hillary vs Trump Hillary will be the next president.

10+ Year Old Account

Anti-Illegal Immigrants.

Right, Trump's Goldshirts will use their magic eyes to tell the difference between legal and illegal immigrants before they harass them.

Or they'll do what they actually want to do and just round up all the brown people and sort them out later.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Anti-Illegal Immigrants.

Can you point out the bit where he uses the word illegal? I can't quite make it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    The term Latino, when applied to Hispanics, is wrong, it's a french delusions of grandeur thing.

Trump is basically unelectable, my gf (Hispanic Texan) wouldn't ever vote for the guy and she is very right wing. And like her thousands and thousands of Hispanics. If it's finally Hillary vs Trump Hillary will be the next president.
    Incidentally Trump has the best shot. I think Ted Cruz is unelectable. He is waaay too religious.

We can only wait and see. This election cycle has been crazy. Clinton has many people who are against her too.

Truth hurts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Can you point out the bit where he uses the word illegal? I can't quite make it out.

Have you ever watched Trump rallys and events? He brings up the fact he is completely fine with legal immigrants many times.

Illegal immigrants cheat the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Um, no? My whole step-family is from Colombia and happily identify as Latino. They're generally well educated and middle to upper middle class. This is true of the majority of my Latino coworkers as well. My ex-girlfriend, from Argentina, and her parents all called themselves "latinos." I've never heard them refer to themselves as "hispanic."

They certainly don't identify as "lations" though. Sounds a lot like "lotions."
    Both my parents born in South America. Never would refer to myself as a dirty Latino and neither would they.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.