Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Here's a quick comparision of what will happen to the old female troll model, if anyone's interested
    They're changing my fem troll's face?!

*goes on alpha and compares to live for her own confirmation*

Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

More like the angle ? And the animations will be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took awhile for me to get decent screenshot comparisons -- couldn't do anything about the different camera zooms, sorry -- but here is a frontal comparison:

Is it an out-and-out face change? Technically no. However, the effect of changing the eyelids and increasing the angle of the eyebrow ridge(?) is, to me, changing her face.

Also: My braids... =(
    Urwenn

I feel you... Permanent deer-in-headlights expression along with shriveled up braids...

Looks a little off-angle too...

... I'm still waiting for you to address your failings Blizzard, for some positive bloody changes to the new models... For pete's sake...

The face looks startled after changes, much like one nelves got. But then again why using old models on troll females when they're one of the best revamps out there?

Yet I also believe they should leave old models alone. Somehow old skeleton didn't stopped them from making new monk animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree that the female troll received one of the better updates, but I simply prefer the old animations as well as the original "pretty face" (the HD version is too stern).

Wish Blizzard would have spent the time fixing problems with the new models than plying the old textures over the new rigs. =/
    Urwenn

Yeah, even with the best models they did fail to make most as familiar as possible facially... Even though that's the one thing I praise about the Troll male I did have to change my main Troll dudes' faces to feel more similar to what they used to look like... which, incidentally, the face I picked was the one that translates to the more "impish, happy-looking" (I believe it's the first alternative of the char creation screen) one of the original model which some Troll players now miss a bit.

I do know that they can't get it 100% similar but in a lot of cases it almost looks like they didn't even try.

But yeah, you have my sympathy, for what it's worth.

Female Trolls getting any new hairstyles in Legion? 5 seems very low

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Female Trolls getting any new hairstyles in Legion? 5 seems very low
    No news on that, however I'd love if they'd implement at east one of my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Yeah, even with the best models they did fail to make most as familiar as possible facially... Even though that's the one thing I praise about the Troll male I did have to change my main Troll dudes' faces to feel more similar to what they used to look like... which, incidentally, the face I picked was the one that translates to the more "impish, happy-looking" (I believe it's the first alternative of the char creation screen) one of the original model which some Troll players now miss a bit.

I do know that they can't get it 100% similar but in a lot of cases it almost looks like they didn't even try.

But yeah, you have my sympathy, for what it's worth.
    I think the biggest problem is that overall there is very small choice. I was actually happy that my troll is now looking more serious, but then again trolls should get bigger facial variety.

As for other transitions, then I agree that at least in human case is very apparent that new races don't reflect at all old ones.

Aye, humans and Blood Elves are rather atrocious in this regard. As for you finding something else to prefer in the new version, that's likely a thing for a good few people too admittedly, people were divise about whether or not they wanted the female Draenei eyes tweaked in 6.1, because while they were dissimilar a few people grew attached to those (not to mention that the eye tweak was kind of botched in my opinion) and more relevant to this thread that's also been the case about the Troll male's new run animation.

But that sums up a lot of my problems with Blizzard's design choices in general lately, they're taking away and supplanting options rather than expanding upon them... I want more alternatives in an MMORPG, not less...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Took awhile for me to get decent screenshot comparisons -- couldn't do anything about the different camera zooms, sorry -- but here is a frontal comparison:

Is it an out-and-out face change? Technically no. However, the effect of changing the eyelids and increasing the angle of the eyebrow ridge(?) is, to me, changing her face.

Also: My braids... =(
    This is actually hilarious. I mean, i understand that it was easier just to add new skeleton with animations into old models but... actual old models are effectively removed from the game now. I don't personally use old models (new models are not finished imo, but...) but that looks just wrong. They just don't care if you preferred old models. New models are here and they do not care if they are not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    This is actually hilarious. I mean, i understand that it was easier just to add new skeleton with animations into old models but... actual old models are effectively removed from the game now. I don't personally use old models (new models are not finished imo, but...) but that looks just wrong. They just don't care if you preferred old models. New models are here and they do not care if they are not finished.
    Exactly They are working completely backward imo. Instead of finishing new models they're now altering the old ones so they'll get the faults that new models have (like boner braid).

I'm lstarting to lose hope that they'll tweak the models further.

Deleted
    I already paid the money to race-change all my trolls to something else. If they don't fix the male running, there will be no way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    I already paid the money to race-change all my trolls to something else. If they don't fix the male running, there will be no way back.
    Ey it's not that bad, he just runs slightly faster, and the arm movement is more natural. But overall models should be finished regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Ey it's not that bad, he just runs slightly faster, and the arm movement is more natural. But overall models should be finished regardless.
    The jumpiness is absolutely awful. I played my remaining trolls with an old-models-macro or mounted up. I just can't take them seriously any more. Ruined it 100% for me

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    The jumpiness is absolutely awful. I played my remaining trolls with an old-models-macro or mounted up. I just can't take them seriously any more. Ruined it 100% for me
    Sad to read this, I actually like the weight they have now when they run, to me it truly now shows how big, fast and swift they're. I was from time to time running just for the sake of doing it because it felt like he could make impressive leap or some parkour -like motion anytime. But I gueass they could tone down slightly the bounciness of steps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Sad to read this, I actually like the weight they have now when they run, to me it truly now shows how big, fast and swift they're. I was from time to time running just for the sake of doing it because it felt like he could make impressive leap or some parkour -like motion anytime. But I gueass they could tone down slightly the bounciness of steps.
    It's not that I disagree with the gravity-effect. But for me, they changed the character and that's what kills it for me. They toned down night elf bounciness after outcries, I don't see why they couldn't tune it for trolls as well. I almost prefer the sprint animation as a running animation, simply because it is authentic. Trolls only make 13% of the Horde pop (EU) but unfortunately I didn't check what the stats were pre-upgrade.

I'm gonna show something nice, I was recently watching Ice Age and I seriosly cannot unsee it. So I had to make a quick sketch to show what I mean :

hehehe xD

You really need a new hobby lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    To keep this going one of the better threads!