Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Ah, I see.

Rather than spending money to enforce the law, we'll just spend tens of billions of dollars (building the wall, manning the wall, rounding up any suspected immigrants, PROVING that they're not citizens, deporting them) that just simply won't work. Because as long as there is money being offered to desperate people, there's going to be people crossing the border.

Hell's bells, half of all of the undocumented immigrants came in the country LEGALLY. (Even the 9/11 terrorists came in LEGALLY...) They simply didn't leave at the end of their permitted stay. So unless you plan on building a mind reading device, you're not going to be able to stop it by building a wall.

I mean, you criticize people for entering against our race-based immigration laws, but you don't want anything to be done about businesses that knowingly suppress wages by breaking the law?
    Well trump could enforce the border security and be sure they catch them all, then the next president comes along like Obama and they start flooding the border again. No, we need a physical barrier that is impenetrable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Well trump could enforce the border security and be sure they catch them all, then the next president comes along like Obama and they start flooding the border again. No, we need a physical barrier that is impenetrable.
    I'm sure that if we just clap our hands and believe in fairies, they could also make gold grow on trees, too.

Investigate what the actual REALITIES would have to be, before accepting a proposal like that. An impenetrable wall? Hell, even the Berlin Wall wasn't impenetrable, and it was only a fraction of the size you're suggesting.

And remember: Obama has done a better job on immigration than BUSH did. http://fusion.net/story/252637/obama...-up-the-score/

To quote from that article, "More shockingly, Obama is now on pace to deport more people than the sum of all 19 presidents who governed the United States from 1892-2000..."

So Obama, alone, has done more on immigration than the PREVIOUS HUNDRED YEARS, but strangely enough, that's considered "weak."

Have you considered that, perhaps, the right-wing really doesn't want to stop undocumented immigrants? I mean, even Trump used them in his businesses (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...2016_6_16.html).

I suppose we can expect Trump to "clean house" starting with his own businesses? To show that he truly means it? Otherwise, it's simply pandering to people who aren't realizing that it isn't undocumented workers who are taking their jobs, but the business owners who are looking for someone who'll take "sweatshop"-level wages because they don't want to pay you a decent wage.

I'm sure that if we just clap our hands and believe in fairies, they could also make gold grow on trees, too.

Investigate what the actual REALITIES would have to be, before accepting a proposal like that. An impenetrable wall? Hell, even the Berlin Wall wasn't impenetrable, and it was only a fraction of the size you're suggesting.

And remember: Obama has done a better job on immigration than BUSH did. http://fusion.net/story/252637/obama...-up-the-score/

To quote from that article, "More shockingly, Obama is now on pace to deport more people than the sum of all 19 presidents who governed the United States from 1892-2000..."

So Obama, alone, has done more on immigration than the PREVIOUS HUNDRED YEARS, but strangely enough, that's considered "weak."

Have you considered that, perhaps, the right-wing really doesn't want to stop undocumented immigrants? I mean, even Trump used them in his businesses (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...2016_6_16.html).

I suppose we can expect Trump to "clean house" starting with his own businesses? To show that he truly means it? Otherwise, it's simply pandering to people who aren't realizing that it isn't undocumented workers who are taking their jobs, but the business owners who are looking for someone who'll take "sweatshop"-level wages because they don't want to pay you a decent wage.
    Obama has done a horrible job on border security, the numbers would be much higher if they didn't call half of them refugees.

Obama has done a horrible job on border security, the numbers would be much higher if they didn't call half of them refugees.
    So you're saying that for Obama to do a good job, he'd have to do the work of more than 20 white presidents?

I mean, could you set the bar a little lower? It's obvious that "Obama did a better job than Bush" isn't high enough for you. Maybe you'd be happy with "Obama did a better job than Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, and F.D. Roosevelt, COMBINED"?

Do bear in mind: Republicans had a complete lock on the Federal government for SIX YEARS (2001 to 2006). They controlled the White House, the Senate, the House, and the Supreme Court. What did they do, during that time, to show that they gave a damn about border security or undocumented immigration?

Edit: Just saying "Obama is bad," without showing any facts to back it up, and without specifying how he's worse than Bush, is just stating an opinion. And your opinions aren't synonymous with "facts."

So you're saying that for Obama to do a good job, he'd have to do the work of more than 20 white presidents?

I mean, could you set the bar a little lower? It's obvious that "Obama did a better job than Bush" isn't high enough for you. Maybe you'd be happy with "Obama did a better job than Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, and F.D. Roosevelt, COMBINED"?

Do bear in mind: Republicans had a complete lock on the Federal government for SIX YEARS (2001 to 2006). They controlled the White House, the Senate, the House, and the Supreme Court. What did they do, during that time, to show that they gave a damn about border security or undocumented immigration?
    The border patrol even says his policies are terrible.

The border patrol even says his policies are terrible.
    Ahhhhh...

So the fact that Obama has increased border patrols and border security more than any other previous president, somehow that SUDDENLY isn't enough?

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...r-obama-previ/

Where were the protests from the border patrol DURING BUSH'S TERM?

Strange how things were all hunky-dory, up until January 2009, and suddenly "oh, no, Obama's screwing things up."

I mean, where is the wall that the Republicans SAID they wanted to build? It was all okay to not build it while Bush was in office, but once Obama got in office, suddenly it's "why won't he build the wall? he's the worst president EVER! even if he's done as much as the previous EIGHTEEN presidents combined, just ignore that fact."

Ahhhhh...

So the fact that Obama has increased border patrols and border security more than any other previous president, somehow that SUDDENLY isn't enough?

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...r-obama-previ/

Where were the protests from the border patrol DURING BUSH'S TERM?

Strange how things were all hunky-dory, up until January 2009, and suddenly "oh, no, Obama's screwing things up."

I mean, where is the wall that the Republicans SAID they wanted to build? It was all okay to not build it while Bush was in office, but once Obama got in office, suddenly it's "why won't he build the wall? he's the worst president EVER! even if he's done as much as the previous EIGHTEEN presidents combined, just ignore that fact."
    Bush did a terrible job also on immigration, not nearly as awful as Obama though. I never liked bushes illegal immigration lack of enforcement. If trump never entered this race no one would be talking about illegal immigration enforcement at all.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-23 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.

We are talking about Hooked here you know. Hooked and reality have severe problems getting along, to the point where if one is here the other isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.
    Yeah, I mean you have French latino nations like Haiti and Guyana, the Portuguese-speaking Brazil.

Hispanics can mean anyone from Spain to the Dominican Republic, virtually anyone from a Spanish-speaking or influenced nation.

sure, mexican people want to vote... but ... can they legally do so?

thats like a thief getting mad at police for chasing him...

only mexicans......

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Protecting American jobs is all fine and well, but by failing to address that problem, all he's going to do is energize the raft, shovel and ladder businesses.
    He's method of addressing the problem is by doing what he is proposing. I think the concept to him is that illegal immigrants are distracting us from improving the efficiency in the system.

By strengthening our southern border and taking a harder, pro-active approach to what we do with illegal immigrants, eventually we will be able to refocus our efforts. Allow more legal immigrants because we won't being dragged into a protracted war on illegal immigrants.

That approach might work, it might not. Also depends on how it's implemented because it sounds like it could turn into an ugly system as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bush did a terrible job also on immigration, not nearly as awful as Obama though. I never liked bushes illegal immigration lack of enforcement. If trump never entered this race no one would be talking about illegal immigration enforcement at all.
    Bush got a border fence, which Obama voted for. If Trump never entered the race, we would be talking about realities of border security. Not nonsense like 'half of them are refugees'...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He's method of addressing the problem is by doing what he is proposing.
    Magically making another country deal with it?

I think the concept to him is that illegal immigrants are distracting us from improving the efficiency in the system.
    More like distracting people from seeing how empty of a candidate Trump is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bush got a border fence, which Obama voted for. If Trump never entered the race, we would be talking about realities of border security. Not nonsense like 'half of them are refugees'...

- - - Updated - - -

More like distracting people from seeing how empty of a candidate Trump is.
    Sadly Trump has put forth more of his platform than pretty much every other candidate.

Cruz - I love God, and I'm not the Zodiac Killer
    Sanders - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiavilleburg
    Clinton - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiaburgville (I have my own ideas, I'm not a cranky old Jew.)

Stop getting lost in the rhetoric of news organizations and actually look up their policies. Trump has ideas, and has fleshed out thoughts on how to implement them (whether possible or not is another discussion). Everyone else is just reaction mode to who they are running against.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    To be fair, the last update I saw on his suggestion of getting Mexico to pay for it was "steal the money from poor immigrants (legal or undocumented) sending money back to family members in Mexico."

I still don't understand why this is such an all encompassing issue of vital importance. It really feels like a red herring to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    It's pretty scary when a whole demographic of people are planning on taking you down. How does anyone think Trump stands even a slight a chance of winning?
    They have to go back :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Sadly Trump has put forth more of his platform than pretty much every other candidate.

Cruz - I love God, and I'm not the Zodiac Killer
    Sanders - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiavilleburg
    Clinton - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiaburgville (I have my own ideas, I'm not a cranky old Jew.)

Stop getting lost in the rhetoric of news organizations and actually look up their policies. Trump has ideas, and has fleshed out thoughts on how to implement them (whether possible or not is another discussion). Everyone else is just reaction mode to who they are running against.
    You know we have never seen the zodiac killer and cruz in the same room it makes you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    People are motivated to vote against a political candidate who's rhetoric and platform works against their interests. News at 11.
    I suppose this helps explain why Democrats have done pretty poorly with white voters of late. At some point, divisive racial politics trends towards losing a group. In 2014, Latinos voted 62% Democrat and whites voted 60% Republican. Personally, I'm pretty unenthusiastic about candidates playing poor whites and poor Latinos off against each other, but it doesn't seem like there's an end in site.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the last update I saw on his suggestion of getting Mexico to pay for it was "steal the money from poor immigrants (legal or undocumented) sending money back to family members in Mexico."
    Taxation isn't stealing in any meaningful sense. While I don't think heavy taxation on remittance is a particularly good idea, it's not stealing.

Whites are going to vote for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't steal, it's literally, day 1 threaten Mexico with regulation to prohibit wire transfers to Mexico. Day 2 Mexico will protest. Day 3 they will give money to US and the threat of regulation is pulled. It's south park's underwear gnome logic...

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi