Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Only if both Americas are referenced. North and South. North America is referenced as America.
    No. It's not. Well, except for an ignorant European trying desperately to save face for themselves or another equally ignorant European. Which they aren't. And yes, you are failing that bad at doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    i do not live in chicago, but statistically chicago is sfaer then any city IN THE GOOD PARTs....

if you go into the *hood* it is a warzone *mostly black people shooting black people*
    That always sounds like a cultural problem to me, not sure why racism is always connected.

B-b-b-b-but what about the pedo-monster?

He's ready to strike as soon as you turn your back.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Well, what else can you really refer to us as? Statesians? I mean, we sometimes refer to ourselves by our specific states. Such as "New Yorker" or "Floridian". But there's not much else we could be called, honestly.
    There are many references that other people have come up with for Usaians that don't include America, pick one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    No. It's not.
    OK. Thanks for clarifying that.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2016-04-23 at 02:18 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Varanus View Post
    Well, what else can you really refer to us as? Statesians? I mean, we sometimes refer to ourselves by our specific states. Such as "New Yorker" or "Floridian". But there's not much else we could be called, honestly.
    I vote we just call you Unitedstatesians. Rolls off the tongue well dont you think?

Also this story does go a little deeper. There was some high profile case about 11 years ago of some young girl who fell through the cracks of the child welfare system and ended up being neglected, abused, tortured and murdered by her mother and stepfather.

And there was major public outrage over it.

So I'm guessing that CFS is just being trigger happy and doing blanket policy enforcement in order to avoid another embarrassment (and further embarrassing themselves in the process).

EDIT: So the bottom line is that they are pretty much on the hook to investigate every single complaint they receive. Most people have the decency to not be fuckwads who exploit witch hunt triggering like that, but some aren't. That's why you have this story. Fortunately not too many more than it.

OK. Thanks for clarifying that.
    You're quite welcome.

There are many references that other people have come up with for Usaians that doesn't include America, pick one.
    I can't deny that there are, but I personally have never heard of us Americans referred to as anything other than Americans by anyone. So I'll have to take your word on that.

There are many references that other people have come up with for Usaians that don't include America, pick one.
    It's already been picked: Americans. And not just by Americans.

Only if both Americas are referenced. North and South. North America is referenced as America.
    Living in Canada, I don't think I've ever heard someone say America to mean North America, or Canada. Here it has always been Canada = Canada, North America = North America, America = USA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akalaka View Post
    Living in Canada, I don't think I've ever heard someone say America to mean North America, or Canada. Here it has always been Canada = Canada, North America = North America, America = USA
    That's because you live in America and you need to differentiate where in America specifically.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Must be an Alberta thing. The red necks of Canada going places!
    It's like some people around here are too dumb to read posts or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been picked: Americans. And not just by Americans.
    What are you even doing here still? You should be reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    When I was 7 I'd already go out to play ball or ride around the town and its hills on a bicycle. They had a 10 year old watching them in the freaking backyard, what more do they need?
    Yeah, my brothers and I were always out and about, unsupervised. It's sad how bad helicopter parenting has become.

What are you even doing here still? You should be reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas
    I think you're the one who should be reading it. Hint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...ogy_and_naming

Ignorance, gotta love it.

Guys even the worker who went to investigate probably understood fairly quickly that the woman wasn't in the wrong. But they have a procedure to follow. They HAVE to show, and they HAVE to investigate that way, because alot of abusive and terrible parents are also quite good at HIDING this is just a case of the news picking up something easy to misconstrue if you don't think for two seconds about it and then blowing it up. Kind of like news literally always does. with EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Guys even the worker who went to investigate probably understood fairly quickly that the woman wasn't in the wrong. But they have a procedure to follow. They HAVE to show, and they HAVE to investigate that way, because alot of abusive and terrible parents are also quite good at HIDING this is just a case of the news picking up something easy to misconstrue if you don't think for two seconds about it and then blowing it up. Kind of like news literally always does. with EVERYTHING.
    The fact that you can be molested by the law on nothing more than hearsay is a blatant violation of due process and thus also the universal declaration of human rights to which Canada is a signatory.

You just got legal shill served.

That's because you live in America and you need to differentiate where in America specifically.
    I get what your saying here and all - but you have to admit that the world at large tends to mean the United States when they say America, and just blanket referring to Canada as 'America' without any context and expecting anyone involved to know you mean Canada is kind of shitty. The 'you have to differentiate' bit makes fairly little sense since even people from the USA tend to just refer to themselves as AMERICANS as opposed to. . . what. . . USA'ers? there isnt even really another term for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're the one who should be reading it. Hint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...ogy_and_naming

Ignorance, gotta love it.
    You sure have. Because there are many other languages besides English even in Americas. So it doesn't matter what Americans (who comprise the majority of native English speakers) mean by America, right? We know what they mean. I'm telling you it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If a call came into CPS, they have to go out and investigate, even if it's clear no child abuse is happening upon arrival and seeing the situation. The number of "false" CPS calls is ultimately hurting CPS and their workers. They're one of the most overworked jobs out there, with long hours, few staff and endless cases.

I wouldn't blame them. They're just doing their job and are obligated to investigate these calls, which can very well be misunderstandings and false.
    "Her child is playing in their back yard" shouldn't be a legitimate complaint to make in the first place.