Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation *Spoiler * Grimoire of damnation ... what's next ?

The Ebon blade used Grimoire of damnation ( the journal of Kel'thuzad) to learn how to raise death knights and recreate the four horsemen.. what other secrets they could possibly learn from that book ?
    Last edited by Sartorius 01; 2016-04-23 at 09:44 AM.

There's not a lot they haven't taken/copied from the Scourge at this point. We don't have a whole lot of information about what Kel'thuzad was planning, or what knowledge he had that would assist the Scourge. Presumably, there's information on the Shadowlands in that book (as well as how to manipulate the souls that went there) - but the Ebon Blade can already raise souls to undeath anywhere from a ghoul to a powerful Death Knight. They even have someone that has power over the Shadowlands (who is the troop order guy).

It seems more and more likely that they'll use Kel'thuzad's information to make themselves more like the Scourge, or make Acherus more like Naxxramas (as far as troops/champions) in the end. But without knowing what KT studied, we can't say for sure right now. Considering the Four Horsemen were his "greatest creation" I doubt there's much more for them to study from it at this point.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

All we do is wait for KT now then, with not finding the phylactery and all that.

For a moment i thought you meant the book of medivh where he wrote all the demon info.

I pictured ebon hold summoning KJ or something xD

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    All we do is wait for KT now then, with not finding the phylactery and all that.
    True they have always made it a point that KT never really died

I mean if they continue the class campaigns after launch I could definitely see the Ebon Blade finding KT's phylactery and bringing him back. Also as a side note do the other classes have even close to the amount of cool stuff going on in their class campaigns as the DKs do? I mean obviously Blizzard will give monks nothing, but no other class seems to be getting as much love as the DKs not even the demon hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There's not a lot they haven't taken/copied from the Scourge at this point. We don't have a whole lot of information about what Kel'thuzad was planning, or what knowledge he had that would assist the Scourge. Presumably, there's information on the Shadowlands in that book (as well as how to manipulate the souls that went there) - but the Ebon Blade can already raise souls to undeath anywhere from a ghoul to a powerful Death Knight. They even have someone that has power over the Shadowlands (who is the troop order guy).

It seems more and more likely that they'll use Kel'thuzad's information to make themselves more like the Scourge, or make Acherus more like Naxxramas (as far as troops/champions) in the end. But without knowing what KT studied, we can't say for sure right now. Considering the Four Horsemen were his "greatest creation" I doubt there's much more for them to study from it at this point.
    it is true that the four horsemen were the greatest creation of kel'thuzad , but that doesn't mean the book doesn't have something else powerful , such as making abominations , and raising giants ( Thrym and Thadius for example ). The book may even contain information how to raise dead dragons , such as Saphiron ( the undead dragon ,which is the boss before kel'thuzad in naxx ).

Would be nice to get a Lich Lord class / 4th spec for Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    True they have always made it a point that KT never really died
    I always assumed the Phylactery of the Unnamed Lich from ICC was Kel's, but that they intentionally kept it vague in case they wanted to revisit the character later
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by samwel93 View Post
    I mean if they continue the class campaigns after launch I could definitely see the Ebon Blade finding KT's phylactery and bringing him back. Also as a side note do the other classes have even close to the amount of cool stuff going on in their class campaigns as the DKs do? I mean obviously Blizzard will give monks nothing, but no other class seems to be getting as much love as the DKs not even the demon hunters.
    considering DKs are the class most shit on since wrath its about time we get to do something cool

Deleted
    Next we raise Galakrond and send the Legion crying back to their mama (Sargeras).

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Next we raise Galakrond and send the Legion crying back to their mama (Sargeras).
    Raising Galakrond would be.. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorius 01 View Post
    it is true that the four horsemen were the greatest creation of kel'thuzad , but that doesn't mean the book doesn't have something else powerful , such as making abominations , and raising giants ( Thrym and Thadius for example ). The book may even contain information how to raise dead dragons , such as Saphiron ( the undead dragon ,which is the boss before kel'thuzad in naxx ).
    Saphiron is a hold-over from WC3:TFT. In the Arthas campaign to get to ICC you go through some Nerubian tunnels where Saphiron as a living dragon blocks your way. Arthas kills him and then uses some of his rapidly dwindling powers to resurrect the dragon as an undead ice-dragon. He's pretty much tossed in front of the door to KT as a "cool, I remember that guy!" moment.

Deleted
    If i remember correctly, KT was just the lich king slave in the end, so maybe, with his own will, he can decide to help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shookan View Post
    If i remember correctly, KT was just the lich king slave in the end, so maybe, with his own will, he can decide to help.
    he would probably have his revenge on those who ruined naxxramas , so i don't think that KT will help the ebon blade at all. instead , he might bring back the glory of the scourge in some future expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it'd be fun if Kel's phylactery was in KJ's hands. When we try to storm Argus, look who we find directing an army of undead demons
    we haven't seen any undead demons yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorius 01 View Post
    we haven't seen any undead demons yet.
    We did, in Hellfire Citadel. The Mannoroth fight's second phase is a skeletal Mannoroth labeled as an Undead.

It means lore wise we can have Pandaren death knights?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the purpose for the Ebon Blade.

Sure they could enslave the Horsemen with the tome, but so far they have no reason to. So it's good thing so far.,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    It means lore wise we can have Pandaren death knights?
    Yup.

the lore is so detached from the game anyway we could have all possible raceXclass combinations already.

The technology of building advanced abominations probably died with Dr. Terrible/Prof. Putricide.