Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And there is your problem, you're calling them a 'man'. You are the whole fucking reason this is even a problem.
    *YAWN*

Wanting to be a girl doesn't make you a girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I added "men's" for clarification. I think people would feel more uncomfortable with a known transgender in the bathroom than with the possible unknown in the visually correct place.

To take it a step further, imagine a guy in a dress using the urinal vs a bio female using the toilet. I feel like those who are easily offended are fighting the wrong side.
    The point of this all is that people shouldn't be so stuck up on their preconceptions. If someone who, to one's gaze, looks like a woman walks in men's bathroom - what's the big deal? A woman won't walk in men's bathroom just for fun, there should be a strong reason for her to do so. I think the system we've been using for centuries, without any changes, can work just fine for everyone, if people just mind their business and do not police everyone they see around them.

If someone reeeeeeally wants to be offended by something, to feel threatened, etc., they will find a reason. Should we limit someone's freedoms just because someone else is easily offended? Should we make transgender people, a small minority, use the bathroom for gender not matching their self-identification - just because some people cannot handle having them in the same room? I don't believe in such approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Better spend it on bailing out corporate debts, right?
    You mean loans that have been repaid with interest? Well, except for GM anyway. The TARP funds were loaned out, paid, then loaned out and repaid again, many times, with interest made every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    I am failing to see what there is to worry about here.

I feel like those easily offended will never be happy unless the world never changes from what they are comfortable with in their bubbles. The world has always moved forward and if someone is intent on being a relic of past times, they will get left behind whether they like it or not.
    I agree. It seems like you missed the whole point of what I said though. My point is that it's silly to fight for being comfortable when your solution will make you even more uncomfortable. This safety bit is just nonsense and not the true, underlying objection.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If you can not tell what 99% of what transgender people's actual gender is you are either blind or lying to yourself.

Again lets put this into perspective is it wrong to not want a grown man in a washroom alone with young girls?

Make your case.
    Lots of parents with young children of the opposite sex to them take their children into public restrooms. When that happens at least one person *has* to be in the wrong place. If your argument had any validity that would be wrong and outlawed. Yet society doesn't bat an eyelid.

The reality is is that this is just the next phase of the culture wars (the right wing has 100% lost their war against gays), in which the political right needs an "other" group to war against. They will lose this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Lots of parents with young children of the opposite sex to them take their children into public restrooms. When that happens at least one person *has* to be in the wrong place. If your argument had any validity that would be wrong and outlawed. Yet society doesn't bat an eyelid.

The reality is is that this is just the next phase of the culture wars (the right wing has 100% lost their war against gays), in which the political right needs an "other" group to war against. They will lose this one too.
    The right needs someone to oppose no more or less than the left needs someone to "save". Imagine if we lived in a world where we actually voted based on real issues and real solutions. But, meh, then we would have to actually pay attention to what really goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    *YAWN*

Wanting to be a girl doesn't make you a girl.
    You really think it is just about "wanting to be a girl"? *Yawn* indeed, same ignorant arguments over and over and over.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Proud of Target for standing up to the bigotry and hatred of the far right. If Conservatism is going to twist family values->altered version of Christianity and "family values" that supports and tries to excuse hatred and bigotry, I think they'll find they are on the wrong side of history as time goes on. For the folks where they are trying to shift blame for their hate in the name of religion, they probably need to reread the NT since hatred and exclusion is 180 degrees opposite of everything it says.

Republicans/conservatives are just going further and further off the deep by and trying to appeal to the more radical extreme right, thinking that will build their base. But I truly hope that demographic of people that behind closed doors are prejudiced, bigoted, and hateful is smaller than what they apparently think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Proud of Target for standing up to the bigotry and hatred of the far right. If Conservatism is going to twist family values->altered version of Christianity and "family values" that supports and tries to excuse hatred and bigotry, I think they'll find they are on the wrong side of history as time goes on. For the folks where they are trying to shift blame for their hate in the name of religion, they probably need to reread the NT since hatred and exclusion is 180 degrees opposite of everything it says.

Republicans/conservatives are just going further and further off the deep by and trying to appeal to the more radical extreme right, thinking that will build their base. But I truly hope that demographic of people that behind closed doors are prejudiced, bigoted, and hateful is smaller than what they apparently think.
    If you don't think the same of the left, you are not paying attention. Politicians on both sides have been moving further and further from center since the Clinton administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The right needs someone to oppose no more or less than the left needs someone to "save". Imagine if we lived in a world where we actually voted based on real issues and real solutions. But, meh, then we would have to actually pay attention to what really goes on.
    Starting a political war over cultural issues is the greatest con-game that the economic elites have ever pulled. Instead of the bottom 95% all asking in unison why are all the economic gains going to 5% of the population, half of that 95% battle the other half over god, guns, gays, and race. But you have to ask what happens when the culture wars are won (or lost depending on your point of view)? What happens when divide and conquer is no longer possible on these issues? And make no mistake about it we are in the final stages of the cultural war. It will be very interesting to see how politics develop after that. I can only think it will return to economics issues on which being so outnumbered, our current economic elites cannot win.

FYI its interesting to read how far back this goes -

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2015/02...ks-and-whites/

How back during the time of colonial America poor whites (indentured servants) and poor blacks (slaves) were united in their opposition to the then economic elites. Indeed there was literally no concept of "whiteness" or "blackness" at that time, and the poor whites/blacks saw no real differences existing between them. The then elites seeing this increasing brotherhood, and understanding that having 90% of the population united against them put them personally at great risk via revolution/overthrow, put in motion a carefully orchestrated plan to neuter both factions by turning them against each other by slightly elevating the position of poor whites to be above that of poor blacks. To this day we are living with the results of those actions and the racial animus it gave birth to.
    Last edited by alexw; 2016-04-24 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Proud of Target for standing up to the bigotry and hatred of the far right.
    since when does wanting someone to use the correct restroom make you a hateful bigot? I think you must be confused and think there are some kind of Jim Crow laws still going around where Blacks can only use the "Coloreds Restroom" Or is having a different bathroom for men and women now considered hateful and sexist? Im fucking confused now. Is everything just racist now? I guess car dealers are next. "OMG you dont sell Fords along side Chevys? You fucking racist pig!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    since when does wanting someone to use the correct restroom make you a hateful bigot?
    What is "the correct restroom"? Who defines which one is correct and which is not? You?

If you can not tell what 99% of what transgender people's actual gender is you are either blind or lying to yourself.

Again lets put this into perspective is it wrong to not want a grown man in a washroom alone with young girls?

Make your case.
    So this person should have to go in the Men's Room?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let anyone use any bathroom. A ton of places already have bathrooms with this policy. I don't understand how letting transgender people pick and choose is mechanistically any different.

I don't want men in the same washroom little girls use.

Is that really something that makes me a monster now?
    Yep I agree. Even if we're talking about men with a mental imbalance that makes them think they're women.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So this person should have to go in the Men's Room?
    Obviously not. But there needs to be a distinction. Merely claiming to "identify" as a "woman" shouldn't get you access to the women's restroom. You need to look like you're at least trying to play the part. And I'm absolutely against sharing a restroom with women. Men stink enough without the added "aroma" of stanky cooch.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is all fine, if you're willing to accept that some men will abuse this idea and just hang out in women's bathrooms. They can always claim they identify as a woman. Who is to say they don't?

I'm a bit undecided on how I feel about it. I just know cases will crop up where people lie to get their way and creep around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Obviously not. But there needs to be a distinction. Merely claiming to "identify" as a "woman" shouldn't get you access to the women's restroom. You need to look like you're at least trying to play the part. And I'm absolutely against sharing a restroom with women. Men stink enough without the added "aroma" of stanky cooch.
    Chances are you've already shared restrooms with women, unless you've never been inside a unisex bathroom, which is most bathrooms in smaller establishments.

Should registered sex offenders be allowed to use public bathrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    For christsakes, what next from these tools?
    By tools I assume you mean everyone since libtards were also boycotting because of "girls toys" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Chances are you've already shared restrooms with women, unless you've never been inside a unisex bathroom, which is most bathrooms in smaller establishments.
    Shared would imply being in the bathroom at the same time, at least in that context.