10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    Because that's even more work and potentially millions of dollars to invest and it'd just continually splinter the community and make it even more toxic than it already is
    Calm down with the toxicity first of all. There's much more toxicity in your post than in the average Legacy player.

Also, "more work and potentially millions of dollars to invest", I kind of want to laugh, because that's a direct proof of ignorance. World of Warcraft cost 200 million dollars to entirely develop from the ground up, up to 4 year after it was released. During that time, their target goal - what they would've considered successful - was 450k players. Doing a port from a pre-existing game is only a fraction of the price, and if it's handled correctly, will be entirely absorbed even before it is being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Eronath View Post
    Why don't they just reboot the entire game, am I right? Let's go back to vanilla and repeat the last 11 years instead of moving forward! Hell, they should use the billions they've made over the years to fund time travel research so we don't even need the servers! We can just, like, go back and stay in 2004.
    Got to love how some people always assume past is bad, future is great. That's definitely why Blizzard have a team dedicated to update their old games - like they did with Warcraft 3 and Diablo II not any longer than two weeks ago - to newer systems, right?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    I still don't see there being enough people willing to pay for it to actually make it worth it(remember, a lot of the sigs on that petition are fake and probably half the people that say they will, actually won't)
    Nobody knows until they try it. I'm quite confident that and official Blizzard legacy server would get a million subscribers.

OK tinfoil hat time:

Once upon a time Blizzard let Dota 2 exist with all the character names they came up with during the original Dota. Then they decide to tell Valve that they have to change the names. Valve did, obviously, but Blizzard did that because they were planning on releasing HotS and probably didn't want any confusion between the two games. That's fair, I think.

So what if Blizzard is closing the largest of the private servers as part of a plan to open their own version of legacy servers. They don't want people being confused or playing on any unsanctioned servers, so they take down Nost, because they plan to do their own. Still not as cool as Daybreak allowing P99 to exist, but close enough, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Calm down with the toxicity first of all. There's much more toxicity in your post than in the average Legacy player.

Also, "more work and potentially millions of dollars to invest", I kind of want to laugh, because that's a direct proof of ignorance. World of Warcraft cost 200 million dollars to entirely develop from the ground up, up to 4 year after it was released. During that time, their target goal - what they would've considered successful - was 450k players. Doing a port from a pre-existing game is only a fraction of the price, and if it's handled correctly, will be entirely absorbed even before it is being released.
    How am i being toxic, Because I'm not blindly agreeing with what you want?
    You realize blizzard would essentially have to start from the ground up to remake vanilla wow right? It's not some flip of the switch like you seem to think it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-o...izzard-vanilla

I'm sure you have more insight into the game than a guy who worked on it in the first place /sarcasm

Yeah and illegal, Not advertised through regular channels and certainly not by Blizzard. And don't forget ILLEGAL.
    Oh thank god, i almost had a panic attack when i thought we weren't talking about the one guy who worked on Vanilla as a single employee out of a bunch, who obviously knows the ins and outs of Blizzard even now, and failed to make any decent games since he left Blizzard. Praise be ladies and gentleman, praise be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Nope. people definitely have, they are just choosing to ignore it at this point. Matter of fact, to the point where they started attacking Mark instead of providing anymore arguments.

I'm actually surprised the thread hasn't gotten closed yet with how many time the people against the idea have personally attacked someone in this thread to be honest. Maybe it has to do with they somehow turn it around to make us look like the problem.

What's even worse, is because of this thread I've seen people who are for legacy servers in this thread get attacked by it in other threads not even relevant.
    I guess you missed the beginning of this thread were people arguing against these servers were told to kill them self. No side gets to play the victim card.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Wiqd View Post
    OK tinfoil hat time:

Once upon a time Blizzard let Dota 2 exist with all the character names they came up with during the original Dota. Then they decide to tell Valve that they have to change the names. Valve did, obviously, but Blizzard did that because they were planning on releasing HotS and probably didn't want any confusion between the two games. That's fair, I think.

So what if Blizzard is closing the largest of the private servers as part of a plan to open their own version of legacy servers. They don't want people being confused or playing on any unsanctioned servers, so they take down Nost, because they plan to do their own. Still not as cool as Daybreak allowing P99 to exist, but close enough, maybe.
    No, people keep forgetting that this is far from the first private server that blizzard has shut down, they're continually shutting them down, just none of the others got an outcry like this one, the rest is nothing new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiqd View Post
    OK tinfoil hat time:

Nost is one of many. Most admins have the sense to locate their servers in countries where the copyright police are less likely to be a problem. Nost was in France. It was a relatively easy place to create an example. Dont invest Nostalrius with more importance than it deserves.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Nobody knows until they try it. I'm quite confident that and official Blizzard legacy server would get a million subscribers.
    Maybe, and I'm not against legacy servers if it can be proven that it won't hurt the current expac. But from everything I've seen it would do more harm than good to wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rossfraney View Post
    Amazing how people think that 15 dollars a month entitles them to a share in the companies decision making process.
    Blizzard could make me pay an extra for vanilla server, I ll pay it without hesitating. I never bought any cash shop item in wow but I'll pay for that any-day.

Activision is run like the government if they created legacy servers it's admitting their business model is wrong which spreads across their brand not just WoW.
    That's bullcrap, activision doesn't care as long as it allows them to make benefits. A lot of game companies re relase adpatation of old classics on new gaming system, I don't really see how it would be any different for world of warcraft. Retrogaming is a business.

Because that's even more work and potentially millions of dollars to invest and it'd just continually splinter the community and make it even more toxic than it already is
    Yet people manage to do it in their cave. Also, the community is already as toxic and splintered as it could get.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-04-24 at 07:47 PM.

Maybe, and I'm not against legacy servers if it can be proven that it won't hurt the current expac. But from everything I've seen it would do more harm than good to wow
    Everything Blizzard does harms the current expansion, by those terms. Maybe even more so, as the rest actually needs content-creating, while this is content that has already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I guess you missed the beginning of this thread were people arguing against these servers were told to kill them self. No side gets to play the victim card.
    I can and will play the victim card when one side hasn't provided any support or credibility in their responses and tells us we are the most toxic thing to have ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Everything Blizzard does harms the current expansion, by those terms. Maybe even more so, as the rest actually needs content-creating, while this is content that has already been done.
    So your just one of the blizzard haters that just wants vanilla servers and screw the rest, this is the problem with these topics, you can't have an actual discussion because of things like this

So your just one of the blizzard haters that just wants vanilla servers and screw the rest, this is the problem with these topics, you can't have an actual discussion because of things like this
    What about addressing my post instead of resorting to ad hominem?

Also, off-topic, I love how people who advocate for Legacy Servers, aka more official ways of playing wow and giving money to Blizzard, are, somehow, Blizzard Haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Oh thank god, i almost had a panic attack when i thought we weren't talking about the one guy who worked on Vanilla as a single employee out of a bunch
    Team lead

who obviously knows the ins and outs of Blizzard even now
    Irrelevant to Vanilla servers

and failed to make any decent games since he left Blizzard.
    Irrelevant to Vanilla servers

Praise be ladies and gentleman, praise be.
    Just another shill attacking the person instead of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

What about addressing my post instead of resorting to ad hominem?

Also, off-topic, I love how people who advocate for Legacy Servers, aka more official ways of playing wow and giving money to Blizzard, are, somehow, Blizzard Haters.
    You've basically resorted to bashing current expacs, either way I'm not getting into a pissing match with you

You've basically resorted to bashing current expacs, either way I'm not getting into a pissing match with you
    Yes, criticizing WoD, for being a sub-quality product compared to what one would expect from Blizzard, is bashing.

I'll praise you for not taking the criticizing personally though! Lots of people do.

And no pissing match necessary~ I bid you a good day!

Yes, criticizing WoD, for being a sub-quality product compared to what one would expect from Blizzard, is bashing.

I'll praise you for not taking the criticizing personally though! Lots of people do.

And no pissing match necessary~ I bid you a good day!
    I'm talking legion when i say current expac not WoD. i think it's safe to say at this point no one gives a shit about WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Team lead
    Actually, I never found specific data on what exactly Mark Kern did at the old Blizzard games.

Team lead, sure... but does that mean the leader of Team 2? Or just the Lead o a sub-team within it? There were 60 ppl working on WoW.

He isn't mentioned by name on this rather cool article about the making of WoW. That article, however, does mentions smaller teams (Mac team, sound team, etc.) And on Team 5, the Hearthstone team, there is no "Team Lead" position, on Lead designers, lead arists, etc.

Would appreciate an informed response.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2016-04-24 at 08:13 PM.

I'm talking legion when i say current expac not WoD. i think it's safe to say at this point no one gives a shit about WoD
    Well, no one knows whether Legion will be a good or bad experience. Since it's not the Current Expansion Pack and merely the Upcoming Expansion Pack.