Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why is Noxxic still very popular?

My guess is that it's view friendly. But I don't get why it still is, alot of people ingame says "It says so on Noxxic" "I watch guides on Noxxic". Happens pretty often.

noxxic really isn't very good. Icyveins is much better. If anyone is telling you otherwise they don't know what they are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't use that garbage website for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    I know I never use it. But alot of people do, and I don't understand why :P

For the same reason that people still refer to old has-beens as "the best", or games that were challenging when they were 10 as "the hardest"...force of habit? Nostalgia? Take a pick.

I never understood why Noxxic became popular in the first place though.

I think it is the layout. Most people like how it looks. It isn't really a good site though, I have seen a lot of misinformation on it.

I keep hearing that Icyveins is better but when I tweeted at Noxxic they've been able to justify their choices so far.

Icyveins, however, offers more in depth explanations.

For instance a new raider that's popping their Normal Mode cherry I'd suggest Noxxic over Icyveins so as to not overwhelm them. Or even AMR over IV.

Now once they want to progress to Heroic or even show an interest in getting better -- I'd point them to IV

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    noxxic really isn't very good. Icyveins is much better. If anyone is telling you otherwise they don't know what they are talking about.
    Woosh on both of you. Did no part of the OP tell you that this is exactly why the thread was made?

7+ Year Old Account
    IMO, they should just plagiarize Icy-Veins and be happy people really want the "quick(est) and dirty" version.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Woosh on both of you. Did no part of the OP tell you that this is exactly why the thread was made?
    It sounded more like he was promoting the site more than anything.

It sounded more like he was promoting the site more than anything.
    Really? That's impressive if you thought that :P

"But I don't get why"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I keep hearing that Icyveins is better but when I tweeted at Noxxic they've been able to justify their choices so far.

Icyveins, however, offers more in depth explanations.

For instance a new raider that's popping their Normal Mode cherry I'd suggest Noxxic over Icyveins so as to not overwhelm them. Or even AMR over IV.

Now once they want to progress to Heroic or even show an interest in getting better -- I'd point them to IV
    Better to send them to a more verbose site with correct information than an easier-to-read site that's utterly wrong.

Deleted
    People like to hear misinformation, just look at the popularity around heelvsbabyface

As others have said, it's definitely the layout. It's an easy thing to navigate, even with that in mind though, don't use it. Come here for class specific guides or tips from professionals (Archimtiros for warriors, Solsacra for paladins, Azortharion for hunters), or go to icy veins which is approved by these professionals that has a good lay out as well.

Icyveins has information for everything you'd probably want to know. It has a guide for players who are trying to get better at PvE, it has the proper rotation for your class, stat priority, etc. It's a good site with good information and approved by professional players for each class as stated above.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-24 at 11:05 PM.

Because 95 percent of the community are casuals who make no attempt to improve their play properly past looking at a single website that they think has all the answers.
    No matter what site, they will all let you down if you plan to play at a high level. You can only learn through real experience.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I've often wondered the same thing myself. I honestly have no idea-- maybe because the site is well-designed and easy to understand? (Even though it's usually wrong.)

@Noobist: Noxxic isn't just wrong "at a high level". I'm fine with simplifying concepts for inexperienced players; many of the guides on Wowhead do that yet manage to be correct. Magdalena's DK guides are excellent examples of that. Noxxic isn't that, it actively misleads players. It actively damages their play.

Noxxic is just half the time plain wrong, don't know why people even dare to touch it
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Really? That's impressive if you thought that :P

"But I don't get why"
    Because I've never heard anything positive about the site, ever. I don't know anyone in game that gets their info from there. Even if I were to type in trade where to go read some guides for a class/spec, the troll of trade would say Noxxic, and everyone else would say IV.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    People like to hear misinformation, just look at the popularity around heelvsbabyface
    This guy gets it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Because it's very simple. That's why. They don't go over page after page, after page of theories etc. It's simple pick this and this. It's not for hardcore PVE, but it is for lazy Alt playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    What is that?