Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the really busy servers is that trade chat is just a fast-scrolling wall of guild ads, usually spammed twice for extra visibility. At least on the lower pop servers people actually chat.
    Trade chat = trading/recruiting.
    General chat = chatting.

Try switching channels

Trade covers all cities and garrisons, general is just local. LFG is global I think, but hardly anyone uses it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Why is this s problem for you? Kinda wondering Its not like 50/50 balance would mean better world pvp anyway.

In an ideal world we ofc had a closer 50/50, but it still wont matter much

I for sure enjoy a big server with a lively AH...migrating to high pop made me earn alot
    Because having an overpopulated server, with 98% of the population on one faction, makes the game unplayable in non-instanced current content (not to mention login queues). The game is designed to have the population spread out Horde/Alliance. It obviously doesn't have to be exactly 50/50, but when it's 98% one faction that concentrates all of the population in one place. This has all kinds of side effects, like server lag when you're in popular places, and wacky insane respawn rates. For example, the little mini-"dungeons" in the questing area in Tol Barad, on Area 52, had such insane respawn rates due to population that anything you killed would immediately respawn and aggro you again, and you wouldn't be able to even progress without a full group. Isle of Thunder was the same way at launch, it was completely unplayable for the first 3 weeks due to the insane respawn rates. If the population had been closer to 50/50 Horde/Alliance it would've effectively cut the number of people in each location in half, despite the server population being about the same (due to questing areas and hub areas being separate).

The game has been much more pleasant for me on Turalyon. It's not extremely low population to where I never see another player, but at the same time it's not overpopulated on one faction. Turalyon isn't exactly 50/50, but it's not 98/2, it's more like 55/45.

Deleted
    On low pop servers not even the gold sellers go there to spam their adverts.
    CRZ was only good for ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Because having an overpopulated server, with 98% of the population on one faction, makes the game unplayable in non-instanced current content (not to mention login queues). The game is designed to have the population spread out Horde/Alliance. It obviously doesn't have to be exactly 50/50, but when it's 98% one faction that concentrates all of the population in one place. This has all kinds of side effects, like server lag when you're in popular places, and wacky insane respawn rates. For example, the little mini-"dungeons" in the questing area in Tol Barad, on Area 52, had such insane respawn rates due to population that anything you killed would immediately respawn and aggro you again, and you wouldn't be able to even progress without a full group. Isle of Thunder was the same way at launch, it was completely unplayable for the first 3 weeks due to the insane respawn rates. If the population had been closer to 50/50 Horde/Alliance it would've effectively cut the number of people in each location in half, despite the server population being about the same (due to questing areas and hub areas being separate).

The game has been much more pleasant for me on Turalyon. It's not extremely low population to where I never see another player, but at the same time it's not overpopulated on one faction. Turalyon isn't exactly 50/50, but it's not 98/2, it's more like 55/45.
    Its funny, respwan rates is actually a good thing in my world, and having more people where you also useally are, only makes it better.

I play on ravencrest with a Danish ISP...never had lag. Care about patch bonanza if lag will come there...thats few days w/e 18 MS atm, and its useally like that. Never seen queu, trough I havent been there long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    On low pop servers not even the gold sellers go there to spam their adverts.
    CRZ was only good for ganking.
    Idd, that is the truth. I guarded myself with enchanted chat filter addon - now trade channel even prime time barely moves when I got loads of filters...that addon is awesome.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Merge more server please

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its funny, respwan rates is actually a good thing in my world, and having more people where you also useally are, only makes it better.

I play on ravencrest with a Danish ISP...never had lag. Care about patch bonanza if lag will come there...thats few days w/e 18 MS atm, and its useally like that. Never seen queu, trough I havent been there long.

- - - Updated - - -

Idd, that is the truth. I guarded myself with enchanted chat filter addon - now trade channel even prime time barely moves when I got loads of filters...that addon is awesome.
    I'm not talking about latency. My latency has always been fine, around 20ms. I'm talking about server side lag. Where actions lag by 5-10 seconds even when your latency is fine, due to overcrowding. This was a HUGE problem on Area 52 back in Cata and MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm not talking about latency. My latency has always been fine, around 20ms. I'm talking about server side lag. Where actions lag by 5-10 seconds even when your latency is fine, due to overcrowding. This was a HUGE problem on Area 52 back in Cata and MOP.
    I see, never had that before in all my year's. Obviously I get FPS drops but never hard lag. Would like to experience that, and know its not caused by my own ISP. I have heard about it though! Like people doing Immortal naxx25 and not pulling when Wintergrasp was going or w/e.

I always tough it also mattered where the server was located compared to your location/country.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I moved to a massive RP server and it's great. I don't RP but I really enjoy seeing it happen in Stormwind, and when I travel around. It totally enriches the game for me.

Deleted
    I prefer my mid population PvE realm. Not much extra spam in the chats etc.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled on a large realm too. Not only that, but I left my old characters behind - professions and all. I just don't have it in me to play more than one character anymore, and I know if they are there I will feel compelled to play them. I did use my 100 boost but still had to earn gold and buy everything again. Now I'm starting old reps and plan to do loremaster next (I'm even going to read all the quests, since I never did before).

Problem is on US side there are only a handfull of huge servers.

I moved to my current server when it was PACKED. There is no one on in non-peak times anymore...I would say under 1000.

In MoP the Isle always had people...I had to use an alt on a very low pop server to team with my main to get dailies done as there were no mobs.

Now my server is pretty dead...