Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post
    Eh, fuck the BBC. They already killed all the funny panel shows with the rule about always including a token female "comedian". I put comedian in quote marks because none of them are at all funny.
    Aint watched MtW since they binned Frankie. 8 out of 10 cats for me any day.
    Which often has female comedians on the panel, hypocrite.

Deleted
    I don't know why they insist on sticking that unfunny Canadian gob on legs on TV

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Which often has female comedians on the panel, hypocrite.
    Yeah except when they do, they're there to actually get laughs rather than fill a token quota.

But Sarah Milligan needs to fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Yeah except when they do, they're there to actually get laughs rather than fill a token quota.

But Sarah Milligan needs to fuck off.
    Female comedian is an oxymoron surely

then the gay/lesbian/disabled people best start applying then? not really the BBC's fault if there are hardly any applying, what are they going to do? fire some people so they could specificaly say "this position must be filled out by a gay/lesbian/disabled person? some people just don't think nowadays...

If only the BBC would put this much effort into it's programming. I'm fine with them spending my license fee on David Attenborough and Top Gear was worth a watch but that's about it. I've no idea why this latest quota seems to be incensing people though, it's barely an issue compared to the shite it routinely shows and produces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Female comedian is an oxymoron surely
    Victoria Wood, although I heard she died this week. More talent in her little finger than most of the hacks you see on panel shows these days.

Who cares about BBC? I certainly don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a progressive, let me just say . . .

That's just fucking stupid.

Diversity isn't something force. And there's nothing worse than tokenism. "Oh we put in this wheelchair bound character just so we could get a pat in the back from the disabled (oh sorry, differently abled) community." What a load of tripe.

Don't write in these characters for the sake of tokenism.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Who cares about BBC? I certainly don't.
    You cared enough to post it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Radio 2, which has a particularly male-dominated line-up of broadcasters, including DJs and presenters Chris Evans, Simon Mayo, Jeremy Vine and Bob Harris, faces an overhaul.

Last year, a review by the BBC Trust, the corporation's watchdog, found that six stations - including Radio 2 - raised concerns that they were failing ethnic minority audiences.

Radio 2 was highlighted as having particular difficulties in attracting non-white listeners.
    In another survey it was found that Radio 3 wasn't reaching people who aren't fans of classical music, Radio 5 Live isn't reaching people who don't like talk based radio, and Radio 1 wasn't popular amongst people who don't care for chart music.

Deleted
    Stuff like this makes me wonder how they check is someone is really gay.

Are they gonna do spot checks?

Is it part of the first week orientation?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How will this effect BBC Wales, BBC Alba which have programming not in English? Are there a great multitude of non-European ethnic people whom speak Gaelic or Welsh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are 1 in 6 people in Britain gay or disabled? That seems extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    As a progressive, let me just say . . .

That's just fucking stupid.

Diversity isn't something force. And there's nothing worse than tokenism. "Oh we put in this wheelchair bound character just so we could get a pat in the back from the disabled (oh sorry, differently abled) community." What a load of tripe.

Don't write in these characters for the sake of tokenism.
    Its fucking stupid. It's going to be asinine disabilities too. You're not going be the guy with mangled legs because ' it's going to scare children'. It's going to be the guy in the wheelchair who can freely move his arms, but not the quadriplegic because 'it will depress people'.

Fuck, I can't stand tokenism especially fake tokenism

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    How will this effect BBC Wales, BBC Alba which have programming not in English? Are there a great multitude of non-European ethnic people whom speak Gaelic or Welsh?
    Looks like you'll have to give the job to the only gay in the village.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Its fucking stupid. It's going to be asinine disabilities too. You're not going be the guy with mangled legs because ' it's going to scare children'. It's going to be the guy in the wheelchair who can freely move his arms, but not the quadriplegic because 'it will depress people'.

Like Francesca Martinez on Live at the Apollo? Also, I don't know if I'd consider being in a wheelchair "asinine".

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Stuff like this makes me wonder how they check is someone is really gay.

Are they gonna do spot checks?

Is it part of the first week orientation?
    They show a picture of Matt Bomer shirtless and observe who shifts in his chair.

Forcing quotas in the workplace is stupid as hell. Fine, write characters and storylines and such into shows that meet the requirement I guess to show "equality" or whatever... but actually forcing the company to hire specific demographics of people to show some kind of "forced equality" people rather than JUST the one best qualified for the job? Asinine.

Not to mention it doesn't really do those demographics any favors, because the company HAS to hire you, so where's the accomplishment? It's like a fuckin participation trophy even if you didn't actually win. Congratulations? Nothing to congratulate you for, you didn't accomplish or earn anything in this case, it was handed to you just because of who/ what you are.

Thanks BBC for making entitlement real for these demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Like Francesca Martinez on Live at the Apollo? Also, I don't know if I'd consider being in a wheelchair "asinine".
    By asinine I mean widely accepted disabilities that will be seen over and over that make people feel good about hiring the disabled while tucking the less favorable disabilities to the side. It's just going to be invisible disabilities or disabilities people see every day, but not the severely disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post

There's already a Cbeebies (young childrens' tv) presenter with an arm that finishes by the elbow. There were complaints about her scaring kids but I'm pretty sure they stood firm.