Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    as an alpha tester i can say that in my opinion leveling is the worst ever in wow, but note this is because i despise the forced level scaling of the world, between that and no new talents i see no point in having levels. This is said as a person that generally likes leveling. Also each zone feels disconnected and like a mini-expac / patch in itself to me right now. I think this is due to the level scaling and no good flow between zones like in previous expacs where you got a quest to go to the next zone. In legion its like go to a zone do its quests/story finished... back to the hall pic another zone at random go do the same. I'm sure this great for some people but for me it sucks.

ffs, enough with the garrison bullshit... Legion is your last damn chance and you're still going to try shoving this BS down our throats??? If legion doesn't bring back the mmo feel I wouldn't be surprised if WoW subs drop below 2mil, come on blizzard, I actually had faith that legion would be good because its the final chance at keepiong your subs, but IMO from what i've been seeing and hearing from people who play legion, it seems like they didn't learn from WoD..

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Yeah, it's fun.
    What's fun about it's? Be specific, instead of the usual complaining thread. I'm actually interested.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What's fun about it's? Be specific, instead of the usual complaining thread. I'm actually interested.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-hitting-110

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Issue is replayability. World quests needs to earn you Valor as well, and Valor vendor gear needs to be updated along with new tiers.
    It's cheap, but it works. And Legion needs it.

Part of world quests are fine as a means to get geared shortly after dinging 110, but it also needs that "timeless" currency reward to stay compelling 2-12 months from release.

And on that part, Artifact traits should perhaps be toned down for release, then gain additional tiers along with content releases, so you won't be AP capped 2 months into Legion and then never have to think about AP again.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-04-25 at 02:46 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Issue is replayability. World quests needs to earn you Valor as well, and Valor vendor gear needs to be updated along with new tiers.
    It's cheap, but it works. And Legion needs it.

Part of world quests are fine as a means to get geared shortly after dinging 110, but it also needs that "timeless" currency reward to stay compelling 2-12 months from release.

And on that part, Artifact traits should perhaps be toned down for release, then gain additional tiers along with content releases, so you won't be AP capped 2 months into Legion and then never have to think about AP again.
    You're right; it's one of my concerns. So far, my feeling is that it's quite replayable when you consider the entire offering of the endgame, including world quests, dungeon and raid systems. A number of additional world quests were added in a build after my post, for example.
    On the other hand, are we right to be *so* concerned? Considering how poorly early endgame was handled in WoD, Legion's offering makes up for this in spades - there's a clear line that separates starter 110 gear with heroic dungeons and higher.

It's not possible for us to represent the viewpoint of the player majority, but I have a feeling that the majority will *not* AP cap in two months.

You're right; it's one of my concerns. So far, my feeling is that it's quite replayable when you consider the entire offering of the endgame, including world quests, dungeon and raid systems. A number of additional world quests were added in a build after my post, for example.
    On the other hand, are we right to be *so* concerned? Considering how poorly early endgame was handled in WoD, Legion's offering makes up for this in spades - there's a clear line that separates starter 110 gear with heroic dungeons and higher.

It's not possible for us to represent the viewpoint of the player majority, but I have a feeling that the majority will *not* AP cap in two months.
    What about the journey from 100 to 110? The biggest disappointment for me in WOD is how fast leveling was over with, how poorly it was handled, and how pointless a lot of it felt - and the "on rails" thing is infuriating. I know the new zones are designed to combat that, but how are they to actually play?

I know I'm in the minority, in that I want the level and depth of Wrath and TBC questing back. Wrath had the most leveling content of all of the expansions, and when I compared them on WoWHead, WOD was almost half of Wrath, and a little over half of what Mists had. The rush to end game is what concerns me a lot - a lot of players, myself included, enjoy the questing and leveling part of the game, and WOD it felt like an inconvenience, something they added, because they had to. How is it in Legion? I'm not going to buy Legion, I just want to know if they're even trying to provide more than a week of questing content for $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What about the journey from 100 to 110? The biggest disappointment for me in WOD is how fast leveling was over with, how poorly it was handled, and how pointless a lot of it felt - and the "on rails" thing is infuriating. I know the new zones are designed to combat that, but how are they to actually play?

I know I'm in the minority, in that I want the level and depth of Wrath and TBC questing back. Wrath had the most leveling content of all of the expansions, and when I compared them on WoWHead, WOD was almost half of Wrath, and a little over half of what Mists had. The rush to end game is what concerns me a lot - a lot of players, myself included, enjoy the questing and leveling part of the game, and WOD it felt like an inconvenience, something they added, because they had to. How is it in Legion? I'm not going to buy Legion, I just want to know if they're even trying to provide more than a week of questing content for $60.
    Beware, opinion ahead.
    Questing while leveling feels fluid out in the world. You'll find yourself traveling from small hub to small hub doing main quests, but also run into other small bites of questlines here and there. There're numerous visual queues that, if you're the exploring time, you'll want to check out. Paths aren't very obvious but they look and feel natural, and lead to a little something nice like a rare or a treasure thing.
    At the same time, you definitely don't cover the entire landmass of the broken isles. It feels pretty big when you've got your boots on the ground.
    Professions play a role in the leveling experience if you want it to as well (tip: start in Azsuna). These also have you traveling quite a bit, and more often than not you'll again find yourself going off the path to check out a *thing* you noticed in the corner of your eye.

I'm not fond of analogies, but think of the questing and leveling similar to the legend of zelda or dragon age III. You're only as "on the rails" as you want it to be. If you do only the main quest and move on to the next area, there's a decent chance that you'll hit 110. But you're still compelled to stay out in the world and finish your questing experience since gear rewards scale, you'll continue to gain artifact power and the like. Suramar is also a zone entirely dedicated to 110 content. It just became available for testing so it's really, really rough on the edges, but I'm very pleased with the delivery. There's even a quest with a puzzle (!) I ran into. Nothing special, but I like the direction.

If you rush, you likely can finish in a week or so, just like it was possible in every other expansion. If you do though, well that's your fault.

I look at this chart of resources and research time and I am like... bleh uninteresting. I am hoping to be distracted by doing things out and about so I don't even notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Yeah mythic+ dungeons, professions with ranks + loads of quests, world quests, class quests and more, ehh so terrible /s
    Don't care about PvE and the other stuff is awesome, but I am a PvP'er at the end that is what I look forward to. All those other things I love to do in between. But my main source/goal of end game is always PvP, and so far the classes I love to PvP with look like shit and PvP in a whole looks like shit so yes it is so terrible /s