Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Definitely getting a bit of a Donna vibe, which is good because Donna was one of the best companions. Not completely sold on her acting but it's only a 2 minute clip.
    And an Ace vibe, which is good because Ace was one of the best companions.
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    What a fucking travesty that tv ad was.

Thought it was for comic relief or some sort of joke.

She reminds me of this muppet from Benidorm:

Like some sort of knockoff studio slapped together by a film student.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    What a fucking travesty that tv ad was.

Thought it was for comic relief or some sort of joke.

She reminds me of this muppet from Benidorm:

Like some sort of knockoff studio slapped together by a film student.

Shocking.
    the christmas special isnt gonna start filming for another couple months, of course this looks quickly thrown together and cheap, because it is/.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

... I miss Clara...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    And an Ace vibe, which is good because Ace was one of the best companions.
    I have only the vaguest idea of who Ace is but I guess that sounds promising.

Meh.

Looks pretty stock-standard work there and she strikes me as irritating. I guess we'll see. Ace was pretty bad at the start but turned into one of the best so I will remain cautiously optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

So for favorite companions it's a tie for me between Amy Pond, and Clara. I can't decide which I like better.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Not enough info to make an informed analysis. Need more data.

Initial reaction: Meh

I agree she is more of Ace type of companion. She will probably be an attempt to appeal to those who like "badass" characters since the show hasn't had one of those in a while. I imagine its as if Sylvanas Windrunner just became the Doctor's new companion. Sylvanas' first scene in wow was her talking smack to Arthas while she strategically retreated. Bill's first scene was talking smack about Daleks while she and the Doctor strategically retreated.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I have only the vaguest idea of who Ace is but I guess that sounds promising.
    Wasn't he the one that died?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wasn't he the one that died?
    That was Adric. Ace was played by Sophie Aldred and was the last companion of classic Who. She was Sylvester McCoy's second companion, called him "Professor", and liked to blow things up with something called Nitro 9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    That was Adric. Ace was played by Sophie Aldred and was the last companion of classic Who. She was Sylvester McCoy's second companion, called him "Professor", and liked to blow things up with something called Nitro 9.
    Ah, I confused the A companions. Did the movie Doctor not have companion?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    My only resonse to this has been "Bill? What kind of name is Bill?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Ace was the badass companion.

There's actually a good description on BBC America:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC America
    Dorothy Gale McShane, better known by the nickname Ace, was introduced in the final episode of season twenty-four, “Dragonfire”, as a somewhat stereotypical street-talking London teenager (albeit one who’d found her way into waitressing on a far off ice planet) played by Sophie Aldred. By her very next story—the season twenty-five opener “Remembrance of the Daleks”—she was already beating Daleks to pieces with a baseball bat. Had the show not been cancelled at the end of the twenty-sixth season, the writers had the intent of having her leave the Doctor to join the Prydonian Academy and become a Time Lord. She was just that good.

Inadvertently setting a trend that would heavily influence the revived series almost two decades later, Ace was a character who was eventually as much the focal point of the stories as the Doctor himself—particularly in season twenty-six, where “Ghost Light” and “The Curse of Fenric” drew heavily on her own backstory and inner demons, and placed her in a position where she was no longer sure she could even trust the man she insisted on calling “Professor”. It’s only a shame that her adventures were cut short by the cancellation of the series—and that, despite hints in assorted spin-off media, we’ve never learned exactly what the circumstances of her leaving the TARDIS ultimately were. Perhaps one day…?

“A companion completely different from any other,” says Johnstone McGuckian of WhatCulture.com, “with a great personality and the ability to actually fight baddies as opposed to just screaming at them.”

Paddy O’Meara and Shelley Duncan both cited the aforementioned Dalek-meets-baseball-bat incident when nominating Ace, while Paddy also adds: “And yet, as a pre-cursor to the modern companions, she actually had a proper back-story.”
    Last edited by imabanana; 2016-04-25 at 05:09 AM.
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    I already hate Bill

Did they really have to get a ugly companion this time?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ah, I confused the A companions. Did the movie Doctor not have companion?
    He had Grace, the doctor who didn't know he was an alien when she operated on him. But she didn't go with him at the end, so some people would say she doesn't count. He did have companions in the books, but if we're just talking TV appearances, both times we saw him he didn't have a full-time companion.

Black companion check for racial tolerance.
    Ugly as fuck haircut check because can't be better looking then the previous ones.
    Blank stare with stupid eyebrows check.

So far nothing good can come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Black companion check for racial tolerance.
    Ugly as fuck haircut check because can't be better looking then the previous ones.
    Blank stare with stupid eyebrows check.

So far nothing good can come out of this.
    theres already been a black companion.. and after her we had 4 white people in a row...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres already been a black companion.. and after her we had 4 white people in a row...
    Yes but miss Martha Jones was at least attractive and i have nothing against color can be Chinies or native american for all i care but just not this abomination.