Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Doesn't matter, they still have to give it. And some people won't give you right of way. I've been a delivery driver for a couple of months now, and of all the times I backed out blind with alarm lights on, about 30-50% had near misses because people wouldn't give way. That is why, back-in as much as possible.
    Depends on the parking lot. As I said, most public garages here don't permit backwards parking. Their house, their rules. As for the near misses, what country are you talking about?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I always just look for a parking space with both spaces open and just drive thru the first to the second so that I can just drive forward to pull out. If I can't find any spaces like that I just back out then.

Deleted
    I park my vehicle backwards, so when I have to leave, I can leave really really fast.

Gives me a head start when it counts ................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Depends on the parking lot. As I said, most public garages here don't permit backwards parking. Their house, their rules. As for the near misses, what country are you talking about?
    It literally doesn't matter. You have assholes in every country. And it only has to go wrong once.

And.. don't permit backwards parking? What.?

It literally doesn't matter. You have assholes in every country. And it only has to go wrong once.

And.. don't permit backwards parking? What.?
    It really depends on the country. I've literally never had the problems you describe. Despite having the right of way, people always make space for the one backing out here. Mostly, because they want his parking spot anyway. It's a give and take in traffic. You don't always insist on your "right". I certainly don't and always let people come out of parking spaces backwards. This is Germany, though.

If you go to shopping malls here, they usually have multi-storey parking houses instead of one giant parking lot. And since those are indoors, you're usually not permitted to park backwards. The exhaust fumes fuck the paint up and they don't want to repaint every month in case you're parking towards the wall.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Sometimes I do, I'm a daredevil I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the country. I've literally never had the problems you describe. Despite having the right of way, people always make space for the one backing out here. Mostly, because they want his parking spot anyway. It's a give and take in traffic. You don't always insist on your "right". I certainly don't and always let people come out of parking spaces backwards. This is Germany, though.

If you go to shopping malls here, they usually have multi-storey parking houses instead of one giant parking lot. And since those are indoors, you're usually not permitted to park backwards. The exhaust fumes fuck the paint up and they don't want to repaint every month in case you're parking towards the wall.
    Depends on what kind of spot you are backing out of. On a conventional parking lot yes. On a countryside, or busy shopping area road people aren't nearly as keen on giving way. And if you have no backside windows or rear-view mirror, that can really suck.

PS. Who the %#^$@ paints a parking lot?

Depends on what kind of spot you are backing out of. On a conventional parking lot yes. On a countryside, or busy shopping area road people aren't nearly as keen on giving way. And if you have no backside windows or rear-view mirror, that can really suck.

PS. Who the %#^$@ paints a parking lot?
    Did you not read the description of a parking house? Wait, here's a pic for you:

Imagine that with multiple floors, like 10 floors of parking space stacked on top of each other. As you can see, all of them park front first. And this is sometimes required as a term of condition for using those parking houses. Because the white wall really becomes a black wall after a few weeks of exhaust fumes blasted straight at it if you park backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you not read the description of a parking house? Wait, here's a pic for you:

Imagine that with multiple floors, like 10 floors of parking space stacked on top of each other. As you can see, all of them park front first. And this is sometimes required as a term of condition for using those parking houses. Because the white wall really becomes a black wall after a few weeks of exhaust fumes blasted straight at it if you park backwards.
    Sounds like a load of nonsense. If that'd be the case the ceiling would be pitch black. It's obviously being ventilated as required by law..

And those signs aren't paint. They're mostly either stickers or fabricated with a dye.

There's plenty of people that like to mash throttle in a parking house alike anyway, do you think they repaint the tire marks? lol.
    You just clean that shit.

There's a guy right in the center that backed in.

Sounds like a load of nonsense. If that'd be the case the ceiling would be pitch black. It's obviously being ventilated as required by law..

And those signs aren't paint. They're mostly either stickers or fabricated with a dye.

There's plenty of people that like to mash throttle in a parking house alike anyway, do you think they repaint the tire marks? lol.
    You just clean that shit.
    Fumes from an exhaust pipe 10cm away from the wall vs. the ceiling... This is not about the signs, this is about WALL PAINT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Good eye, I didn't see that. Doesn't change much about what I said, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't understand why the walls are painted. It's a parking lot, just leave it uncovered concrete.. who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Where I used to live, we had a city park. And backing into a spot was supposed to signify that you were at the park seeking gay sex in the restroom.
    ???????? The fuck

I always back in as the front of my car is too low and will hit the curb. That and I'm also a very good driver so id say i actually park backwards faster and straighter than most people who pull in front first. Backing my car out if there are people next to me is pretty much impossible because rear visibility is pretty much non-existent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think it's just a Porsche.

I'll only back in if the spaces to the sides are open, and the parking lot is fairly full. I suck at backing in and don't want to hit another vehicle.

If the lot is full, i'll pull in normally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I'll only back in if the spaces to the sides are open, and the parking lot is fairly full. I suck at backing in and don't want to hit another vehicle.

If the lot is full, i'll pull in normally.
    How can you possibly hit anything if you watch the mirrors? There's more visibility to the sides when you are reversing than when you pull in.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    ???????? The fuck
    If you think that's crazy, look up the different ways gay men wore bandanas in their back pockets (particularly in NYC).

Being as taboo as it was, gay men had to get creative in inventing discreet ways to get their rocks off.

Still don't understand why the walls are painted. It's a parking lot, just leave it uncovered concrete.. who cares.
    This is Germany. We like it neat and tidy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    If you think that's crazy, look up the different ways gay men wore bandanas in their back pockets (particularly in NYC).

Being as taboo as it was, gay men had to get creative in inventing discreet ways to get their rocks off.
    Yeah sure i understand that one, but parking your car backwards.

Thats as common as saying if you have your hands in your pockets, you're letting everyone know you're looking to suck a mean dick. Or if you wear a red t shirt, etc. Parking your car backwards..