Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    If your goal in a mmo is good single player content you should leave. I am not saying that to be mean but to help them. WoW will never be the witcher or dark souls
    Nowhere is there a written rule or law that stipulates that an MMO absolutely cannot have content within it that doesn't necessarily require more than one person to complete. If I were to log onto a MMO and there be nothing that I could piddle around with to pass the time until raid time and/or friends log on or whatever...well, I'm not going to stay on long either.

MMOs definitely are a prime game for having a plethora of multiplayer content, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    At this point anything they add to keep me not bored and from logging out would be stellar.
    WoW patch 6.3: Presenting Air Fields, aka Shipyard 2.0, aka follower table 3.0!

You think you don't, but you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Nowhere is there a written rule or law that stipulates that an MMO absolutely cannot have content within it that doesn't necessarily require more than one person to complete. If I were to log onto a MMO and there be nothing that I could piddle around with to pass the time until raid time and/or friends log on or whatever...well, I'm not going to stay on long either.

MMOs definitely are a prime game for having a plethora of multiplayer content, though.
    Quest then. This idea would take massive resources to build properly and would encourage single player game play something you don't want to do in a mmo.

Again if you don't want to play with people just buy a single player game it will be a better experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that playing solo with options to be social whenever and wherever is better than just running half the current users into single-player games.

In short those that think that an MMO is some group thing and only that are wrong. It's a completely pointless mindset and makes everyone who espouses it sound like a game-design Luddite. Just about everything you can see in nearly any MMO contradicts that idea. They all go out of their way to provide things to do for those times when you wish to go it alone or something to do while waiting for others to show up.

Seriously, perhaps it is time to consider finding games that fit your needs to be in a group with people all the time. You can have that with WoW but apparently aren't interested in working with it. And I still have no clue as to why anyone at all thinks that grouping up with people that would rather not be in your group is some huge benefit simply because they are forced to be there. It's dumb.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Except the game was most popular in the years when it was at its most MMOish.
    And you define "most MMOish" as "least accessible", i assume.

In Vanilla and TBC and into Wrath, when we didn't have pokemon etc, the game was growing and while the first year or so of that could be simply initial interest and momentum that fails to explain the other several years of high growth. Since they've started flailing around adding features that don't really belong to an MMO they've declined. Again, some of that is age, but if those features were highly popular you'd expect some ameliorative effect.
    If you ever want to learn something about product lifecycles, just use google. There is no proven link between sub losses and raising accessibility or creating minigames. Actually, the components you list, arent even solo player components, as pet battles in special have a competetive pvp component.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-25 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would argue that playing solo with options to be social whenever and wherever is better than just running half the current users into single-player games.

In short those that think that an MMO is some group thing and only that are wrong. It's a completely pointless mindset and makes everyone who espouses it sound like a game-design Luddite. Just about everything you can see in nearly any MMO contradicts that idea. They all go out of their way to provide things to do for those times when you wish to go it alone or something to do while waiting for others to show up.

Seriously, perhaps it is time to consider finding games that fit your needs to be in a group with people all the time. You can have that with WoW but apparently aren't interested in working with it. And I still have no clue as to why anyone at all thinks that grouping up with people that would rather not be in your group is some huge benefit simply because they are forced to be there. It's dumb.
    I agree with this, I just feel different when we do things like Dungeons and Raids etc etc. I feel that is where groups are needed or else the MMO will *fall apart*. Not literally mind you but in some shape.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I agree with this, I just feel different when we do things like Dungeons and Raids etc etc. I feel that is where groups are needed or else the MMO will *fall apart*. Not literally mind you but in some shape.
    There are MMO games which actually allow you to hire mercenarie-NPCs to play dungeons. SWTOR allows you to level up your companion to be strong enough to allow you to play H2+ flashpoints solo.

No, a MMO will not "fall apart" only because their designers have a open mindset for all playstyles. Thats nothing but a bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And you define "most MMOish" as "least accessible", i assume.
    You have an annoying habit of putting words in people's mouths. Stop it. (and no, I don't - Look at vanilla through much of Wrath - plenty "MMOish" and a variety of things that people could enjoy).

If you ever want to learn something about product lifecycles, just use google. There is no proven link between sub losses and raising accessibility or creating minigames. Actually, the components you list, arent even solo player components, as pet battles in special have a competetive pvp component.
    Bitch, I've been a product manager in various software companies for 20 years - I don't need a google search to know about product cycles and AGAIN you utterly missed my point because you're so anxious to whine. Go read again.

Deleted
    You have an annoying habit of putting words in people's mouths. Stop it. (and no, I don't - Look at vanilla through much of Wrath - plenty "MMOish" and a variety of things that people could enjoy).
    You have absolutely no proof that the number development of subs has anything to do with your idea that WoW was "more mmoish" in the days it had the least features. If you actually can do so, just link a statistic which shows evidence.

I've been a product manager in various software companies for 20 years
    .. who obviously needs to create a fallacy to get an argument going.

I don't need a google search to know about product cycles and AGAIN you utterly missed my point because you're so anxious to whine. Go read again.
    Oh i exactly read what you write. You act as if the sub development has anything to do with the features you dislike. As like your hated "pet battles", which are no solo content to start with. Your argumentation is a easily to debunk myth.

Come back if you actually got arguments.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-25 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Quest then. This idea would take massive resources to build properly and would encourage single player game play something you don't want to do in a mmo.

Again if you don't want to play with people just buy a single player game it will be a better experience.
    Quests are finite. Even daily quests can and will run out of use, given time.

Diablo 3 allows solo and group play, and I can safely say I far prefer group play there. I get bored running solo. There are also folks who prefer to run solo. Both those folks and I find enjoyment in the game, so I'm pretty certain the same applies here. If people find this proposed new feature boring, there's only a bazillion other things to do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Gear that only works inside the dungeon -> rewards are purely cosmetic.
    Apart from that, maybe pets & mounts + Leaderboard bragging.

So yeah you will play around but it won't feel like playing the actual game and advancing your character in any meaningful way.
    I disagree. I very much feel like I advanced my character when getting purely cosmetic rewards (such as titles, mounts, & transmog from both expansions' CMs). Cosmetic rewards actually stay with your character in every expansion. Some random purple stat stick that becomes useless in the next expac, or even the next tier/season, doesn't carry over with your character. Reward permanence is more meaningful to me than rewards trashed in a few months.

I appreciate the solo dungeon option. As someone with insomnia I am frequently awake at 3 am.You think your server is empty? Try logging in early in the am. VERY early.Your options at this time are very limited and thats putting it mildly.

15+ Year Old Account
    So....basically it's the new Mythic Challenge Dungeon. 4 levels. 1 boss per level. Each boss has a random affix. Sounds familiar. The only difference is WoW dungeons don't have levels so the entire challenge dungeon retains the same affix but has 3-5 bosses each. The new affixes change every couple hours.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    So....basically it's the new Mythic Challenge Dungeon. 4 levels. 1 boss per level. Each boss has a random affix. Sounds familiar. The only difference is WoW dungeons don't have levels so the entire challenge dungeon retains the same affix but has 3-5 bosses each. The new affixes change every couple hours.
    No, it isnt. First, the dungeons are randomly generated. Second, they are solo playable.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Gear that only works inside the dungeon -> rewards are purely cosmetic.
    Apart from that, maybe pets & mounts + Leaderboard bragging.

So yeah you will play around but it won't feel like playing the actual game and advancing your character in any meaningful way.
    Nonsense. Crafting gear only works for crafting. I feel like I'm advancing my character just fine.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Horizontal progression would be a great idea for wow as well.

You would instantly delete the LFR-envy-gibberish for gear and could drop LFR specific gear which was both great in world content and in LFR.. but not in organized raids.

Unfortunately, blizzard invented vertical progression. And we know how conservative they are.

@ rym
    This wouldn' t happen to be the Geek nights Rym would it?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashone View Post
    @ rym
    This wouldn' t happen to be the Geek nights Rym would it?????
    Yes. No.

Ehm. I beg your pardon?

If yes..I have met you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashone View Post
    If yes..I have met you!
    No, sorry. But nice to meet you.

Lol is kk. I was kind of hoping Nice to meet you ,too!