Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what is your point with your argument? are you actually trying to make the claim that marijuana smoke isn't bad for you is that your argument?

because the point i was making in the OP was that marijuana smoking is bad for you cigarette smoking is bad for you Sanders is questioning why cigarettes are legal because they are bad for you but wants to legalize pot even thou it is bad for you
    No, your argument is:

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    when pot is much worse for you health then cigarettes
    So far you haven't proven it.

but I guess hypocrisy is way beyond your understanding
    I guess a good source is beyond yours.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Not true. While marijuana is unhealthy to the lungs, cigarettes are easily worse offenders.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2012/01/11...-lungs-tobacco

As to Sanders position, tobacco isn't going anywhere. In my opinion people have the right to enjoy whatever substances they wish so long as it only destroys their body and that they clearly know the risks. I have nothing against smokers who know very well that their habit will shorten their lifespan, that is their right to live as they see fit.

My one and only issue with tobacco and other substances is how it can affect others. Second hand smoking should be looked into, especially with parents. Harming the health of those that want no part in the habit is highly inconsiderate and immoral.
    Cigarettes do not impair people while driving. MJ does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Dumb as hell.

I'm not a smoker, and smoking smells bad, but it's not like prohibition works.
    Because we have such a large subculture of people who are willing to risk jail time to peddle smokes lol. Besides people who are addicted to smokes, if smoking was banned nobody would care. Smoking something that doesn't even get you high? Who has time for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Banning it, no. Prohibition never works. However, I wouldn't mind it taxed even more. I'm a social smoker as well, so there's my view on it.
    Prohibition has worked on a lot of things. It failed on alcohol and narcotics, but who the fuck is going to actually risk going to jail just to smoke some shitty smokes that don't even get you high?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Making any drug illegal is a huge mistake
    So if they made ibuprofen illegal that would be a huge mistake and cause a tonne of backlash, and it would push ibuprofen in tot he black market?
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

I would even vote for Drumpf if he made banning cigarettes a part of his platform. Yes please, get this filthy, disgusting, selfish habit out of our country.

The war on drugs is already a massive failure, we don't need to put prohibition on more things. Prohibition does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    No, your argument is:

So far you haven't proven it.

I guess a good source is beyond yours.
    so you are nit picking on one claim and ignoring the point being made. you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. an argument that has no relevance to the point made

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Cigarettes do not impair people while driving. MJ does.
    So does booze, whats your point?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Prohibition has worked on a lot of things. It failed on alcohol and narcotics, but who the fuck is going to actually risk going to jail just to smoke some shitty smokes that don't even get you high?]
    Do you, in fact, have proof of your claim that prohibition actually works, as in stops the use of something, on a large number of things?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Prohibition does not work.
    It does sometimes, especially if it's for a shitty compound that nobody actually uses to get high. There are tonnes and tonnes of compounds out there that are banned that don't have an underground black market, because there's no desire for them.

Because we have such a large subculture of people who are willing to risk jail time to peddle smokes lol. Besides people who are addicted to smokes, if smoking was banned nobody would care. Smoking something that doesn't even get you high? Who has time for that
    I bet someone daft said the same thing about distilling liquor. A process much more involved than just growing, drying and cutting up a plant.....

Oh and I guess illegal dope fields do not exist......

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Do you, in fact, have proof of your claim that prohibition actually works, as in stops the use of something, on a large number of things?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

Go in that list and tell me how many of them actually have an underground market. Hint: not many.

Pro tip: I'm a pharmacist. You will lose this discussion.
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2016-04-26 at 12:10 AM.

Prohibition has worked on a lot of things. It failed on alcohol and narcotics, but who the fuck is going to actually risk going to jail just to smoke some shitty smokes that don't even get you high?
    The same people who ship over cocaine for a start. Are you even trying to come up with a good argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Absurd idea, goes against our personal freedom. (Same can be said about the existing sin taxes)
    When your personal freedom negatively impacts other people's health, other people's health comes first. We arrest people for drunk driving, we should arrest people for smoking in public.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So does booze, whats your point?
    Perhaps if you had cared to read to whom I was replying to, you would have seen that there were inferring that MJ has no negative effects on others like cigarettes do, which is blatantly false. Sorry I have to spell it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I disagree with Sanders on this issue. Making any drug illegal is a huge mistake, and making a drug that is already legal illegal is an even BIGGER mistake. I'm sure he could be reasoned with though.
    No there are certain drugs that cause more damage to society if made legal then the damage to society it causes from them being illegal
    Pot isn't one of them more damage has been caused it being illegal then it would being legal
    Heroin on the other hand would cause more damage to society being legal then it has being illegal
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-26 at 12:12 AM.

It does sometimes, especially if it's for a shitty compound that nobody actually uses to get high. There are tonnes and tonnes of compounds out there that are banned that don't have an underground black market, because there's no desire for them.
    Do those banned compounds have legal substitutes? Are they chemically synthesized?

Lots of hallucinogens are banned, you do not see a large explosion in black market trips because mushrooms grow quite easy in a closet.

- - - Updated - - -

Go in that list and tell me how many of them actually have an underground market. Hint: not many.

Ummm....because there are legal options for cosmetics

Pro tip, I have a brain, you will lose this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The same people who ship over cocaine for a start. Are you even trying to come up with a good argument?
    Cocaine has a huge demand because it has an incredibly powerful stimulant. Tell me if we ban cigarettes that we're going to have a large enough demand for a shitty drug that barely has any effect on you.

How many of them are addictive?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Perhaps if you had cared to read to whom I was replying to, you would have seen that there were inferring that MJ has no negative effects on others like cigarettes do, which is blatantly false. Sorry I have to spell it out for you.
    And they right, impairing your driving skills in not a "negative side effect on others".

- - - Updated - - -

Cocaine has a huge demand because it has an incredibly powerful stimulant. Tell me if we ban cigarettes that we're going to have a large enough demand for a shitty drug that barely has any effect on you.
    There is already a demand.....there are millions of addicted people. You are not a pharmacist in Kenosha Wisconsin are you? I dont want you to be mine.