Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I love how you dismiss all arguments as "MUH [argument]" (So very witty!), while you can't come up with anything better than "Vanilla/BC were just better", so basically "MUH nostalgia!"

I'm sure it's somehow technically possible to do vanilla servers, but the cost of rewriting code, setting up seperate support and all ther costs coming along with it won't be covered by the few people who will actually pay to be stuck in vanilla forever (remember, to stay "proper" vanilla, there can't be any content updates), it's a return-on-investment thing basically, and Blizz are under no obligation to run a loss on vanilla servers just because a few people really, really like vanilla more than current WoW...
    Give me a reason why they aren't better aside from nostalgia or a certain class' spec sucked for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

The funny thing is they're using the money from wow to make other games instead of making wow better. Why do you trust this company so much again?
    They can use their money however they like. What are you, like 12 where you think its all ring-fenced?

Christ, we've had 1100 pages of the same shit in the vanilla thread now this one is going to repeat it.

Deleted
    Maybe because their bullshit excuse doesn't fly and people aren't retarded enough to believe them. I don't get why people can't admit that wow isn't good anymore and vanilla/bc were better.
    Because it wasnt you silly? and thats from a player whos been playing balance forever and hated to hit mobs in tbc to regain mana, let alone getting any gear in vanilla cause mages, priest, locks etc came first....

But this is what I have been saying from the start - Blizzard answers and the sillies still bitch and moan and the arm chair coders know better how to do it ofc....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Here is why they can't understand.

"The Broken, barely working, unfinished code is out there on the net! So Obviously they have that same code backed up somewhere!"

They don't understand that No, they do Not have a backup of the original code because they never planned to want to use it. They never planned to make classic servers. So of course they wont spend the resources on maintaining an active, working copy of the code that they could implement at a moments notice.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Version_control

No way they don't have the old code. Whether or not it runs well is a different story.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

What fucking proof do you need? They make hundreds of millions of month. There's articles everywhere on the internet.

The funny thing is they're using the money from wow to make other games instead of making wow better. Why do you trust this company so much again?
    Ummmm, No once againt here is no proof blizzard would make shit from this.

Also...... They are a business of course they are going to spend that money on other shit. I feel Legion is going to make WoW better in alot of ways. You may disagree and thats fine but remember how you feel about WoW is a opinion and nothing more.

Once again give me proof blizzard would make bank off of classic servers, because I believe the multi-billion dollar company over the MMOC arm-chair coder.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Well even if the guys from Nost wouldn't form a company to offer legal vanilla servers, someone will. Nobody cares about who is behind the server as long as it provides what the players want.
    Blizzards legal team cares. There's a whole host of issues here.

1. Their financial plans, how will they stay afloat? Pay models, etc. Is a lot of discussion to work out. Whether blizzard would be expected to provide technical support in pay for their fees, etc.
    2. Company location. For the most part, only a few countries are acceptable and they may not want to work with anyone based outside of the US due to ability to chase them up etc.
    3. Liabilities, responsibilities
    4. Allowance of modifications, rights to put in various updates that may be appealing but aren't part of the original vanilla experience

the list goes on and on... this isn't 'oh just do it' this is starting a business for the sole purpose of a partnership, and starting a business isn't simple in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My point: They Are Not A Charity. They are not going to spend Thousands of dollars and Hundreds of hours to maintain a handful of servers that wont get much use.

They want to Make money, not throw it out the window.
    Hey guess what. The low pop servers have less players than nos did at its prime. They're wasting money there. Why not get rid of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm, No once againt here is no proof blizzard would make shit from this.

Also...... They are a business of course they are going to spend that money on other shit. I feel Legion is going to make WoW better in alot of ways. You may disagree and thats fine but remember how you feel about WoW is a opinion and nothing more.

Once again give me proof blizzard would make bank off of classic servers, because I believe the multi-billion dollar company over the MMOC arm-chair coder.
    Dude. Who gives a fucking shit if they made money from them? THEY HAVE BILLIONS ALREADY. Like goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Why does it always have to be about money fopr you blizzard fanboys? why cant they just make it because the community wants them, everything they do doesnt have to be about money. FFS
    LOL I am a fanboy you don't read many of my posts do you.

God I hope this post is scrastic.

Incase it isn't its about money because...... Blizzard is a business. If you are serious I must warn you that you are calling the wrong person a fanboy LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    if will give a 2nd thought, might this be a coincidence ??

Nostalrius: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...70363156107266

Blizzard: One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by mmoccf26ed0e44; 2016-04-26 at 08:11 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they spend a couple grand a month when they make 100 fold that. What is your point?
    You do know that they spend around 150k to 200k a month (no one but Blizzard knows for sure) on maintaining all that is needed for the game to run. Whether that includes buying bandwidth from the telecommunications providers as well as paying staff to maintain everything is more than your stupid 2k a month rubbish..

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why it would be too challenging to create a classic realm with their billion dollar budget when others do it for free. Naturally Blizz would also make millions with it if they do invest some in it. It doesn't even need any updates done on it, so it can be created and left as it is and would take zero resources except a few servers.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Hey guess what. The low pop servers have less players than nos did at its prime. They're wasting money there. Why not get rid of those?
    Once again is this something you can prove? Last checked there is no data on active players per server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I don't see why it would be too challenging to create a classic realm with their billion dollar budget when others do it for free. Naturally Blizz would also make millions with it if they do invest some in it. It doesn't even need any updates done on it, so it can be created and left as it is and would take zero resources except a few servers.
    Those who do it for free end up with code that has tons of issues. Blizzard don't want to have tons of issues, and that's hard.

k e k at people trying to argue they don't have the old source code or hardware capabilities.

They're a million if not billion company, who the fuck doesn't keep backups or storage of old code when your business of that size? And in 2016 what's the logical argument in hardware capabilities? A group of volunteers ran the server without any problems.

Idk, I guess there's programming and software hurdles. But source code and hardware restrictions? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Thanks for proving you don't have a clue....

Hey guess what, a FREE server cannot be compared to a Paying server. Not unless you have insider knowledge of just how many of those people did / would pay to play on an official server. Without statistics like this, anything you say when trying to compare the two is conjecture at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Completely PR response. Told us more of the same, logistical difficulties, laugh my ass off. The post provides an opportunity for Blizzard to pivot in the direction of Official Vanilla servers if they choose to, without losing face, or admitting they were wrong (they were.) I still want to punch this guy in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Pristine realm sounds MUCH better than just Vanilla servers. It's a hell LOT more to do. With community features and REAL game difficulty back, this could be a tremendous challenge for every participant.
    Yeah! Pristine realm sounds fun, hell, they could make 3 of them and cap them at 60, 70 and 80.
    Can we make a petition for this instead of the "old" crap back? Seriously, the game wasn't as good as most seem to think.
    Questing was a pain in the ass, there was no quest helper, mounts were slow. Everything just took 100x longer and was a lot grindier.
    I want stuff to be a little grindy and take time, but vanilla was just overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    k e k at people trying to argue they don't have the old source code or hardware capabilities.

They're a million if not billion company, who the fuck doesn't keep backups or storage of old code when your business of that size? And in 2016 what's the logical argument in hardware capabilities? A group of volunteers ran the server without any problems.

Idk, I guess there's programming and software hurdles. But source code and hardware restrictions? Please.
    Lots of companys don't believe it or not. Square Enix had to build Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD from the ground up due to losing the original code in a fire.

Not every company keeps the original code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    WoW community is becoming more toxic.
    Too true. It'll never get better, only worse. Ungrateful generations amongst us.