Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    Do you realize you're the minority here?
    He's really not. I think you overestimate how many people will actually play Vanilla servers longterm, in the heat of the hype people would sign up for a bit and play but it would dwindle fast. I mean, I know lots of people just found this out but private servers hosting old content have been around for YEARS, they're nothing new.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-04-26 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Pristine Realms are a step in the very correct direction. Having a servercommunity relying on it and have meaningful leveling would make so many things su much better. But I don't feel that it's quite there. It's only a part of the Vanilla-Formular.

If it is such a great endeavour, why could 30 volunteers do it for free? If they took the Nost-staff and officially supported them with software and anything they would work for free. All at the cost of like 3-4 Supervisors that keep an eye on their precious IP. And I think they could really make a lot of money with that, as well as set an example of community-engangement (Blizzard actively supporting a community-driven-project? Long time since they did something like that), and even if only 10-20k would play it, with modern day server costs and technology they'd end up positive.

And saying that it will be very short-lived... Let's say I want to play a Fury-Warrior. I'm "done" when I gone through everything. I need to level up, run dungeons, run MC, run BWL, run AQ40, run Naxx... It's not like today that you go in take two weeks and have that Tier done. Let's say you are very quick and have a good guild that carries you through everything. You are looking at 6 months+. Thats more engagement then WoD could ever muster. I for myself couldn't care less if the game is mechanically hard (classic isn't!), I want that if I invest 6 months of work that it reflects. That work = result and not like PvE today Ring(50%) + RNG(30%) + Skill (20%) = DPS.
    Last edited by mmoc8e57c9080f; 2016-04-26 at 02:16 PM.

A pristine realm is a step in the right direction. But they need to completely return to Classic/BC. I would definitely play a full Classic server.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    A light breeze is enough to screw Blizzard's plans and schedules. A project of this dimension would leave Legion with only one patch, "Instagram integration".
    I don't even really know what that is. Regardless, I don't mind content being delayed for polish. I don't think that pristine realms are worth it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    He's really not. I think you overestimate how many people will actually play Vanilla servers longterm, in the heat of the hype people would sign up for a bit and play but it would dwindle fast. I mean, I know lots of people just found this out but private servers hosting old content have been around for YEARS, they're nothing new. They haven't taken off to the point that everybody were closing their main accounts and hopping over to private servers..
    Your argument forming skills are that of a 10 year old kid from Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    Source?

10char
    Since Blizz stopped releasing numbers because they were becoming a pr disaster, I would say they are closer to 3MM.

Here is what will happen, when the life of live WoW is over Blizzard will do it.

What Blizzard stated this time they stated in the past, but honestly Blizzard had no obligation to respond to the petition. Petitions were only meant for the government, not businesses. People throw around petitions like they throw around lawsuits. They're overused and their purpose quickly forgotten.

There's a few things with this, though:
    1.) Petitions rarely verify who signs it so how do we now all of those 235k signatures were different people? What if 50 of them were signed by the same person? What if 50k were a bot? What if 10 were from the same family? Unless they had every person send in a copy of their ID and they verified that across every signature, petitions are worthless. Due to people gaming the system, a petition of 50 unique people would get brushed under the rug for a petition with 200k but 190k were made by bots. How many of those signers even have ever played WoW? Were they just bribed to sign? Did they just sign the petition randomly? Petitions are often worthless pieces of (digital) paper that scream "look at me!" They're just cries for attention.

2.) More players have played WoW and quit than are currently playing. Of those 235k, how many are currently playing? How many only played in vanilla and quit? How many never played in vanilla? How many never played WoW at all and had their signatures bought? How many are fake?

3.) Private servers are free. Many accept donations but that's about it. Few would willingly pay a subscription to a private server if they don't even donate on a regular basis.

4.) Blizzard didn't shut down the server. They CLAIMED Blizzard did to cover their own rears. They shut it down because they weren't getting enough donations to cover the cost of running the server. They actually stopped taking donations a month before it shut down. So that shows the users on the private servers were too cheap to even maintain the server themselves. You think there will be enough playing on an official server to support it? With 235k signatures, if each one donated a single dollar, the server could have been run for the next several years, and yet the players were too cheap to do so. How many really played on the server? 10k? 100k? If there were 100k and they all donated a dollar, same thing. The servers could have ran for a few years. That only shows there's only interest in vanilla servers if they're free and someone else foots the bill. These people don't think about the cost of running those servers.

5.) I don't get why people even want legacy servers. People whine when Blizzard fails to release a patch every 2-4 months. You really think people will be happier than clams playing on a server that will never get updated? People would whine that they're paying for nothing without considering that their money is going toward maintenance. People whine now wondering where their money's going most of the time, especially during content droughts like now.

6.) Even if Blizzard did a vanilla server, what patch would they do? The first patch? The AQ patch? The Naxx patch? The TBC pre-patch? Can't please everyone with what patch they pick. Then there's also the PvE, PvP, RP, and RP-PvP situation. They might have enough players to support one server. How would they cater to all 4 crowds without alienating players who might have liked to play on a vanilla server without having multiple servers?

Blizzard can't win. As soon as they relent and do a vanilla server, people will want a TBC one, then a WotLK one, etc. Where would they draw the line?

3 million is a more accurate number. 3 million of idiots who are still supporting a game that another 9 million have already abandoned thanks to how shit it is. YOU are the minority here.

Truth hurts huh?
    Last time I checked 3 million is more than 150k. Think before posting so you don't look like a jackass.

Deleted
    a real classic server or bust.

I voted no. The way they explain pristine only means youd lvl slower and end up at 110 as everyone else. Making it kinda pointless, people want the old content because the old stuff was fun, and required dedication, it required specific gear for specific encounters, it required a 40 man raid and more. Wow as it is now is just freebie heaven compiled into garbage copy paste.

And 'its not as easy as to switch a button' kinda is, hire the nostalarious dudes, give them a few more people as player numbers would increase, a little bippediboop and some hardware and voila. As 'switch of a button' as it gets as its already there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukro View Post
    End of Vanilla according to subs numbers, 7,5m. You were saying?
    Even halfway in it had over 5m, more then current wow has right now.
    You have no clue what you're talking about. 150k played on nost. What people played 12 years ago has no relevance here.

I think the worst part about this post is that yesterday I was banned from the WoW forums for reason "Posting about illegal activities", which was me posting about Nostalrius and I didn't even mention them by name. I haven't posted about anything else except wanting legacy servers. Now an actual Blizzard employee makes a post about them and even mentions their name. Thanks, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    What Blizzard stated this time they stated in the past, but honestly Blizzard had no obligation to respond to the petition. Petitions were only meant for the government, not businesses. People throw around petitions like they throw around lawsuits. They're overused and their purpose quickly forgotten.

There's a few things with this, though:
    1.) Petitions rarely verify who signs it so how do we now all of those 235k signatures were different people? What if 50 of them were signed by the same person? What if 50k were a bot? What if 10 were from the same family? Unless they had every person send in a copy of their ID and they verified that across every signature, petitions are worthless. Due to people gaming the system, a petition of 50 unique people would get brushed under the rug for a petition with 200k but 190k were made by bots. How many of those signers even have ever played WoW? Were they just bribed to sign? Did they just sign the petition randomly? Petitions are often worthless pieces of (digital) paper that scream "look at me!" They're just cries for attention.

2.) More players have played WoW and quit than are currently playing. Of those 235k, how many are currently playing? How many only played in vanilla and quit? How many never played in vanilla? How many never played WoW at all and had their signatures bought? How many are fake?

3.) Private servers are free. Many accept donations but that's about it. Few would willingly pay a subscription to a private server if they don't even donate on a regular basis.

4.) Blizzard didn't shut down the server. They CLAIMED Blizzard did to cover their own rears. They shut it down because they weren't getting enough donations to cover the cost of running the server. They actually stopped taking donations a month before it shut down. So that shows the users on the private servers were too cheap to even maintain the server themselves. You think there will be enough playing on an official server to support it? With 235k signatures, if each one donated a single dollar, the server could have been run for the next several years, and yet the players were too cheap to do so. How many really played on the server? 10k? 100k? If there were 100k and they all donated a dollar, same thing. The servers could have ran for a few years. That only shows there's only interest in vanilla servers if they're free and someone else foots the bill. These people don't think about the cost of running those servers.

5.) I don't get why people even want legacy servers. People whine when Blizzard fails to release a patch every 2-4 months. You really think people will be happier than clams playing on a server that will never get updated? People would whine that they're paying for nothing without considering that their money is going toward maintenance. People whine now wondering where their money's going most of the time, especially during content droughts like now.

6.) Even if Blizzard did a vanilla server, what patch would they do? The first patch? The AQ patch? The Naxx patch? The TBC pre-patch? Can't please everyone with what patch they pick. Then there's also the PvE, PvP, RP, and RP-PvP situation. They might have enough players to support one server. How would they cater to all 4 crowds without alienating players who might have liked to play on a vanilla server without having multiple servers?

Blizzard can't win. As soon as they relent and do a vanilla server, people will want a TBC one, then a WotLK one, etc. Where would they draw the line?
    Nice, you didn't even read the Blizz response where they said they did indeed shut the server down. Instead you went all in like an idiot posting this wall of garbage believing anything that comes out of your retarded brain actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by pldcanfly View Post
    Pristine Realms are a step in the very correct direction. Having a servercommunity relying on it and have meaningful leveling would make so many things su much better. But I don't feel that it's quite there. It's a part of the Vanilla-Formular.

If it is such a great endeavour, why could 30 volunteers do it for free? If they took the Nost-staff and officially supported them with software and anything they would work for free. All at the cost of like 3-4 Supervisors that keep an eye on their precious IP. And I think they could really make a lot of money with that, as well as set an example of community-engangement (Blizzard actively supporting a community-driven-project? Long time since they did something like that), and even if only 10-20k would play it, with modern day server costs and technology they'd end up positive.
    In order to do that they'd have to have some sort of income from the legacy servers. Maybe a sub cost of $15 like the regular realms? Only appropriate right. Now that will be the only income for those realms. So how are they going to pay this team? I, as a WoW lover and looking towards the future would be irate if they took funds from live wow to operate a legacy server I wouldn't touch. So they'd have to operate on a different budget where they're getting $15 a month from strictly their legacy subs. Which, if we were generous would equal how many separate subs from live wow? 100,000 you think? 200,000? If it's a separate sub from live wow then I doubt they break 100,000 subs on a legacy server once Legion is out. Just because WoD is awful doesn't mean Legion will be. And with everything I've seen Legion will bring back and keep a lot of players at this point further cutting into those legacy subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Last time I checked 3 million is more than 150k. Think before posting so you don't look like a jackass.
    To bump this up i would check this number when Legion hits i expect this 3 milion to become 9-11 milion for at least start of legion and following 3 months of it. Now the game is in dead dry state so this 3 milions is actually not bad for a "Dead game"

Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    Source?

10char
    The numbers they posted from the last quarter they shared. Sure probably down to 4 million now, but when Legion hits it will be above 5m. Point is it's still MUCH higher than some pissants playing on a FREE private server. Millions pay for retail, they're the majority.

Deleted
    3 million is a more accurate number. 3 million of idiots who are still supporting a game that another 9 million have already abandoned thanks to how shit it is. YOU are the minority here.

Truth hurts huh?
    So of this 9 million that left, only 150k botherd to play on a FREE CLASSIC Server which was of course the 'best Version of wow'. Huh.... kind of sad when logic bites you in the ass, right? Oh and your source for the 3 million players please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    To bump this up i would check this number when Legion hits i expect this 3 milion to become 9-11 milion for at least start of legion and following 3 months of it. Now the game is in dead dry state so this 3 milions is actually not bad for a "Dead game"
    Do you seriously think that Legion's launch is going to bring back almost peak WoW subs from Wrath?
    You aren't being genuine, are you?

Deleted
    id rather they made the real realms pristine realms, and MAYBE add some kindergarten realms where all the whiny carebears could piss off and play it on ez-mode
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-04-26 at 02:21 PM.